Owens says he's prepared to leave Eagles

Blacknbengal

Owens says he's prepared to leave Eagles

The Terrell Owens saga continued Thursday as the All-Pro wide receiver said publicly he is prepared to leave the Eagles if the team doesn't grant him his wish of receiving more money.

Owens' remarks came a day after team president Joe Banner took a shot at Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, in a story that appeared in the Philadelphia Daily News.
"If we were dealing with somebody who was looking at this logically and was going to come to a common-sense conclusion, you'd say (he'll report to camp on time)," Banner told the Daily News. "But you're dealing with two people here who, frankly, don't think in common-sense terms."

Owens responded to those statements during a television interview shown on Philadelphia's Comcast SportsNet.

"It doesn't bother me," he said in the interview. "When it all boils down to it, I'm doing what's best for my family. Not to stir anything up, but I don't really have to play for the Eagles to be honest. I can go play with any other team and still be productive.

"If (Banner) feels that way, then get rid of me. I have no gripes, no ill feelings toward any of the players on that team. This is business. They know how business is conducted. I've told them what I'm doing is for my family. If they can't understand that ? and if they feel like I'm a no-nonsense guy ? he wants to talk about Drew and I ? if we're problems then I feel like we can be adults about it. Trade me. Release me, and we can part ways like adults."

Read story

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Owens, who did the interview from Atlanta, went on to talk about the possibility of being traded, specifically to the Falcons.

"If Joe Banner can give Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade," he said, "who knows, Atlanta might be on the list of people that I could play for."
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I know all you Aint's fans are trembling from just the thought of this.
:lol:

Blacknbengal said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I know all you Aint's fans are trembling from just the thought of this.
:lol:
Why? He really gone be mad if he goes to ATL cause he sure wont touch the ball as a Falcon. The only way he will get the ball is if Vick fumbles while running downfield.

I'm tired of Owens and his big mouth. You signed the contract just last year, and now you want out. If I were in the Eagles ownership group, I would not trade him. Play ball or sit out the year.

Trembling for what? It's not like you have anybody that can get him the ball. The second Vick starts running, TO will be calling him out in the press, and you'll be here saying he needs to go.

This dude is a tremendous talent, keeps himself in shape, and plays the game hard, but he's out for self, and never satisfied. He just got a new contract last year, and if it was so bad, he shouldn't have signed it then. I'm all for dudes getting paid who deserve it, but TO is crazy.

If he wanted to get paid, Philly wasn't the place to go. Everyone around the country knows if you want to get paid in the NFL, Philly, New England, and Pittsburgh are not the places to go.

If he thinks Philly is going to grant his wish, and trade him to Atlanta he's really crazy. There is no way in hell Philly will trade him to a team that could challenge them for the NFC Title, and who does Atlanta have that Philly would want in return? Other than a first round pick, and a few other picks I just don't see this happening. Atlanta would be crazy to give up a first rounder for a guy who's going to be crying about a new contract everytime he has a productive year.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Trembling for what? It's not like you have anybody that can get him the ball. The second Vick starts running, TO will be calling him out in the press, and you'll be here saying he needs to go.

This dude is a tremendous talent, keeps himself in shape, and plays the game hard, but he's out for self, and never satisfied. He just got a new contract last year, and if it was so bad, he shouldn't have signed it then. I'm all for dudes getting paid who deserve it, but TO is crazy.

If he wanted to get paid, Philly wasn't the place to go. Everyone around the country knows if you want to get paid in the NFL, Philly, New England, and Pittsburgh are not the places to go.

If he thinks Philly is going to grant his wish, and trade him to Atlanta he's really crazy. There is no way in hell Philly will trade him to a team that could challenge them for the NFC Title, and who does Atlanta have that Philly would want in return? Other than a first round pick, and a few other picks I just don't see this happening. Atlanta would be crazy to give up a first rounder for a guy who's going to be crying about a new contract everytime he has a productive year.

NICE

ATL has Piereless Price, a pro bowler....
Thats a good trade for Owens

Get Ready said:
ATL has Piereless Price, a pro bowler....
Thats a good trade for Owens

GR, he WAS a pro bowler, before he got with Vick. I don't think Pearless has a combined 1000 yards since he got to Atlanta. He's paid, but nothing else.

I'm not saying it's Vick's fault, but dude seems like he forgot how to run routes, get open, and catch passes in 2 years. Truly amazing.

NICE

Dude,

We are saying the same thing. When he was in Buffalo with a QB that actually wanted to throw him the ball, he was a pro bowler. Im not sure if he would fair any better in Philly with that punk McNabb, but its a good trade. Maybe throw in a second rounder along with PP. No sense in trying to hold on to TO.

NASTYNUPE said:
I think T.O. needs to be humbled. I say send him to Arizona or Cleveland.
Why does he need to be humbled? He is doing the right thing. Get your market value while you have it. As soon as the Phillys feel they are paying him a nickel more than he is worth, they will cut him. Just look at how New England did Ty Law after he damn near handed them the SB alone last year.

I say dayum a contract. If I sign a contract PUNK contract because I am a PUNK player at the time of signing and I become the ELITE player at my position, then I will no longer play for PUNK MONEY.

An NFL contract works BOTH WAYS. Nothing is guaranteed but the signing bonus. A team can depart with a player and so can a player depart with a team.

Get your money TO, get your MONEY.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
T.O. and any other player in the NFL should get as much money as they can from the NFL. Man I just wish some of yall could have seen Earl Campbell segment that CBS did last year. It was heartbreaking. This man is 48 years old looking like he's 75, have to walk with a walker or stroller. And the Owner of the team he played for got condo's all over the States and the World.

The NFL is a game, I hate it when these TV sports personalities try to make like it's all smiles and a can of Coke,and start standing on this moral soap box, all for your teammates bullshat. The NFL owners just laugh at that shat because they know it's psych game for the players and fans.

Da_Sperm and pbla, I feel what you are saying but it is what it is. All of us can probably say that about our jobs. My big problem with TO is that he was not trapped in a low paying contract when he became a superstar. He shafted the Ravens to take the Eagles contract as a star. He didn't do anything this year he did not already do. If the players don't like the current contract arrangement, they know how to change it (or at least try, see Hockey for the latest example). It ain't like he should be hurting for money unless he is stupid and threw his money away. Let me play 1 year for his salarly, I bet I wouldn't be holding out and talking all this isht.

If I was another team, I wouldn't touch him now.

T. Owens is problem child. Who is to know if he signs another contract that he will want to redo that one too. When does it end.

AH ...........TO. :look:

There is a place where you would get your money and have all the ball's you want thrown your way .................................... :ebrow: :ebrow:

"The Greatest Show On Turf"
ST. LOUIS!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

staggalee83 said:
AH ...........TO. :look:

There is a place where you would get your money and have all the ball's you want thrown your way .................................... :ebrow: :ebrow:

"The Greatest Show On Turf"
ST. LOUIS!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I don't see that happening. Tory Holt is the primary receiver in that offense. The Rams have more than enough receivers on the team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey...............With Bruce ready to retire to the HOF in a couple, it's always nice to dream about the future. :cool:

Besides......................I'm GREEDY!! :ebrow:

Terrell is a talented receiver and I hear that he is a great teammate but some of the things he say in the media make me want to question his integrity. I know the media can make someone look like a complete igit but dayum. He is doing the work all by himself.

:topic:
Personnally I don't like his agent at all.

T.O. isn't going anywhere.. hell with the cap situation the way it is now nobody can afford his azz n-e-waz... I totally agree with the notion that its a business but its only been his first year. This is just a matter of ego But hey, Rosenhaus gets paid to shake things up and I have no doubt he will somehow get the man his money.

But he's not leaving Philly.

(unless Dan Synder gets a phone call in DC... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

Back