New Grambling AD Has Big Job Ahead

THAMES

troyphoto.jpg

New Grambling AD Troy Mathieu

Easing his way into new job
By Nick Deriso

GRAMBLING ? Troy Mathieu has a copy of the Grambling State athletics department budget, and it's dog eared already.

That reading happens at night, after hours.

Mathieu's days have been spent so far walking the campus, getting an up-close look at what he's got to work with as GSU's new athletics director.

He's also set up meetings with the staff, beginning with those who do the heavy lifting like the maintenance crew.
Talk about working from the ground up.

Mathieu wants buy in from those who currently work at GSU before he gets to work on hiring new ones.

"I know the focus is on getting staffed up," said Mathieu, who started his new position Monday. "But I've got to get a feel for things first."

Posted openings in Mathieu's department include senior women's administrator, sports information director, head soccer coach and assistant athletics director for the sports radio network. Contracts for both the baseball and softball coaches were also not renewed just prior to Mathieu's arrival ......

-------------------------------

Read the story .......
http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/SPORTS/606220348/1006

THAMES said:
sports information director, and assistant athletics director for the sports radio network.

:uhoh:

Where's our TBF? We don't wanna' lose him while we're making our climb to return to excellence! :uhoh:

how many AD's can go into a situation where they can make critical hires in administrative spots from day one? That's considered a good thing to surround yourself with your own folks (pending they are qualified).

as for SID's in this conference......it may or may not be a domino effect very soon. When the first one drops watch out.

Panthro said:
:uhoh:

Where's our TBF? We don't wanna' lose him while we're making our climb to return to excellence! :uhoh:

LOL @ P. You can forget it man. That new AD at ram looks like he is related to Ryan errr.......tbf. So it is probably a done deal. Tbf is Grambling bound.:wavey:

THAMES said:
troyphoto.jpg

New Grambling AD Troy Mathieu

Easing his way into new job
By Nick Deriso

GRAMBLING ? Troy Mathieu has a copy of the Grambling State athletics department budget, and it's dog eared already.

That reading happens at night, after hours.

Mathieu's days have been spent so far walking the campus, getting an up-close look at what he's got to work with as GSU's new athletics director.

He's also set up meetings with the staff, beginning with those who do the heavy lifting like the maintenance crew.
Talk about working from the ground up.

Mathieu wants buy in from those who currently work at GSU before he gets to work on hiring new ones.

"I know the focus is on getting staffed up," said Mathieu, who started his new position Monday. "But I've got to get a feel for things first."

Posted openings in Mathieu's department include senior women's administrator, sports information director, head soccer coach and assistant athletics director for the sports radio network. Contracts for both the baseball and softball coaches were also not renewed just prior to Mathieu's arrival ......

-------------------------------

Read the story .......
http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/SPORTS/606220348/1006
Damn, he's good lookin'...hey cutie pie. :wavey: :ebrow: :wavey:

Don't tell me Grumbling hired a "yella"? GASP, how could they!

Pot ... kettle ... Yellow? Good luck to him though. He has to revamp a one-trick pony now.

Vinita.....they made a move over there......he was "reassigned" back to the athletics department..lol

Mathieu is from Edgard...my ties extend to Opelousas....don't know about that JR :lmao:

SU Jag 79 said:
Don't tell me Grumbling hired a "yella"? GASP, how could they!

Pot ... kettle ... Yellow? Good luck to him though. He has to revamp a one-trick pony now.

:shh: and a McNeese Graduate

Back