NCAA FOOTBALL 2006 EASPORTS

DAHILL

NCAA 06

All I can say is GET IT.... its the best football game I have ever played. I went to Supa WalMart at Midnight to get it and it was a long line. I havent been sleep yet playing it... TOO many new features to name.. graphics are much better (I hated 2005 and only played it a week before I went back to playing 2004)...HBCU college players are better. Tackling is much more real and the players hit harder.

You can make a player, he has to attend a high school combine and do some drills for the college coaches in the stands, he then gets scholarship offers from different schools based on his performance... you then follow him to his DORM room, where you can check his fan mail and do several other different types of things.. you can then work him into your starting lineup and prepare him to eventually get the Heisman in 4 years.

There is much much more... everyone should have this game. Last year was a bust but 06 is much better.

Re: NCAA 06

DAHILL said:
All I can say is GET IT.... its the best football game I have ever played. I went to Supa WalMart at Midnight to get it and it was a long line. I havent been sleep yet playing it... TOO many new features to name.. graphics are much better (I hated 2005 and only played it a week before I went back to playing 2004)...HBCU college players are better. Tackling is much more real and the players hit harder.

You can make a player, he has to attend a high school combine and do some drills for the college coaches in the stands, he then gets scholarship offers from different schools based on his performance... you then follow him to his DORM room, where you can check his fan mail and do several other different types of things.. you can then work him into your starting lineup and prepare him to eventually get the Heisman in 4 years.

There is much much more... everyone should have this game. Last year was a bust but 06 is much better.

DAHILL what is the price of that game currently? The 1st week they normally run a special is that the case?

DAHILL said:

DaHill is there a SWAC conference on the game? I have the 2004 CF but you have to move all SWAC schools to another conference in DYNASTY mode! You can't have a complete season with a SWAC school without moving them to another conference :redhot:

same as usual when it comes to I-AA teams but the Sun Belt is worthless to me anyway so that's my HBCU breeding ground.

the mode Dahill is referring to is Run for the Heisman mode....it's not as in-depth as the regular dynasty mode from what the folks at the fan sites are saying

you can recruit during the season now and its based on wins and losses and you can also invite prospects down during a game. You lose a big game against someone and next thing you know LSU or someone could steal them...

so if your GSU or SU, don't lose the classic....

the band fan said:
same as usual when it comes to I-AA teams but the Sun Belt is worthless to me anyway so that's my HBCU breeding ground.

the mode Dahill is referring to is Run for the Heisman mode....it's not as in-depth as the regular dynasty mode from what the folks at the fan sites are saying

you can recruit during the season now and its based on wins and losses and you can also invite prospects down during a game. You lose a big game against someone and next thing you know LSU or someone could steal them...

so if your GSU or SU, don't lose the classic....

they have Run for Heisman mode and regular dynasty mode. THis game has so many different things on it that I havent even explored everything on it. This is 10 times better than last years... Last years was the WORST ever NCAA football game.

the band fan said:
beyond worst...you could not pass to save your life...
What? Are you saying that you can not pass on 05? I pass all the time. It's all about timing and once I have it down with my WRs, then it's all gravey!

Blacknbengal said:
What? Are you saying that you can not pass on 05? I pass all the time. It's all about timing and once I have it down with my WRs, then it's all gravey!

You're right.. passing is easy once you get the handle on it. Passing was easier for me than running in NCAA03 and NCAA05.

I used to love NCAA but now all I play is Madden. The pro game is just so much faster and entertaining to me. Since Madden 06 is coming out in a few weeks, I need to decide if NCAA is worth the money.

05 wasn't harder to pass on though there was a major adjustment from 04 to 05. with a little practice i went from an anemic offense to a passing jugernaut. some of the player rating are still jacked up for the swac. alcorn wideout hughes and spiller are both in the 80's. keldric williams from alabama state is only a 74...? and tavaris jackson a 54...what in the world. jsu's db, cletis gordon isn't even an impact player on the game.

06 feels a little like madden with the addition of player packages, and all the defensive adjustments u can make. hopefully that'll eliminate alot of the chesse u face on line. the new controls will take a bit to get used to. it'll probably be about 2 weeks before I can master the play book and new controls enough to hammer some people on line.

I'm curious to see if the rosters are any more accurate this year.

SMH at Anthony Fisher at QB for Southern in the 05 game....

At least for SU, they did a much better job on the roster. Here's the depth chart they have:

QB
12 (J.C. Lewis)
3 (Darwin Pittman)

HB
20 (Steel Adams)
25 (Devin Herbert)
27 (Jamaal Huff)

FB
45 (Donnie Jones)

WR
4 (James Vernon)
83 (Antonio Overstreet)
6 (Emile Bryant)
88 (Rogers Taylor)
80 (Gerard Landry)
39 (Keneen Henderson)

TE
85 (Brian Washington)
86 (Willie Metcalf)

C
64 (Colby Green)
69 (Ricky Nevers)

LG
73 (Brandon Jones)

RG
66 (Lance Gerard)

LT
78 (Tremaine Johnson)

RT
72 (Allen Hauer)
74 (Ruben Oliver)

DT
91 (Deshawn Jones) DONE
61 (Delorean Rushing)
98 (LaDerrick Brazil)
62 (Justin Leggett)

LE
57 (David Brookes)
97 (Roy Stewart)

RE
93 (Rene' Gettridge)
50 (Donnie Skinner)

MLB
51 (Michael Lymon)
53 (Gregory Handy)
59 (Harris Tucker)

LOLB
58 (Darryl Hurst) DONE
49 (Darius Coleman)

ROLB
31 (Lionel Howard)

CB
30 (Jarvis Bridges)
24 (Dio Bernard)
38 (Danard Duhart)
7 (Prince Riley)

SS
29 (Joemaine Spears)
47 (Willie Bias)

FS
1 (Darwon Hammond)

K
17 (Breck Ackley)

P
11 (Colby Miller)

KO
11 (Colby Miller)

LS
69 (Ricky Nevers)

KR
24 (Dio Bernard)
30 (Jarvis Bridges)

PR
24 (Dio Bernard)

I'd make some corrections, but all in all a pretty good job.

DAHILL said:

Actually, I prefer 05 over 04. I made some minor adjustments to SU and ran all over D1 schools.

You can make a player, he has to attend a high school combine and do some drills for the college coaches in the stands, he then gets scholarship offers from different schools based on his performance... you then follow him to his DORM room, where you can check his fan mail and do several other different types of things.. you can then work him into your starting lineup and prepare him to eventually get the Heisman in 4 years...

Now this is what I'm talkin 'bout!!! I definitely need to sell some plasma to get 06 now!!

:swink:

Old enough not to let some young punk dictate what I do with my life, my money, or my time because they have some insecure idea about what being a man is.

Jax said:
Actually, I prefer 05 over 04. I made some minor adjustments to SU and ran all over D1 schools.

:lmao:

I did the same thing on my 05. I wear Miami's arse out on a regular basis. Now, I waiting on TRU2GSU.(Bring that Tahoe to Houston)

bluedog said:
Old enough not to let some young punk dictate what I do with my life, my money, or my time because they have some insecure idea about what being a man is.

:lmao: :lmao:

Boy you wild

I've never had a problem passing on any of the games, it's just the fact taht receivers dropping the balls got on my last nerves! They don't have recent rosters on HBCU's at all. no Aries Nelson, Shang Moore, Tyler Knight...smh

The only HBCU band i've seen is Grambling.

I'm just wondering if anybody has played the game yet? They have finally updated the HBCU rosters, the stadiums have not changed, but so far I like the game and the fact that the rosters are updated, and also that you can create players for all D1-AA schools.

Back