MVSU's Nelson, SU's Lewis in Sports Network Top 20 QBs

You hit that nail on the head. If he had kept running the ball it would have been a different ball game.
Get Ready said:
A&Ms offense and defense is very limited because their coaching staff is limited. ON some level, Jones is incompetent and it trickles down to the rest of his coaching staff.

For example...he had Gram right were he wanted them in the SCG, but decided he had a passing team in the second half instead of just handing the ball off to the Luke boy to keep the score close. A&M had better RBs than Gram, so go with your advantage. Dont try to do something you dont have the talent or know how to accomplish.

GR has seen Jones freeze up too many times

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR said:
The only All-SWAC Qb you have put in check in the last few years is Tarvaris Jackson last year
ummmm JR,
TJack threw for over 300 yards and 4 TDs in that game.

The only thing that put him in check was playcalling.

sorry, but it really SHOULDN'T take a rocket scientist to solve that defense. They're ripe for the taking.

It's just that the coaching in these parts.........................:smh:

mighty hornet said:
ummmm JR,
TJack threw for over 300 yards and 4 TDs in that game.

The only thing that put him in check was playcalling.

sorry, but it really SHOULDN'T take a rocket scientist to solve that defense. They're ripe for the taking.

It's just that the coaching in these parts.........................:smh:

Thanks for the info MH. I just figured TJack must have not had a good game since yall lost to AAMU. So I stand corrected. I didn't realize Coe cost yall the game. But again that is a rivalry game and anything can happen. So basically they put no All-SWAC qb in check then. I agree that defense is ripe for the taking. The key is keeping your Qb upright. Bama State had a good young OL. Should be your strength this year and maybe the best OL in the SWAC. Our OL sucked due to injury, youth and inexperience where it was our strength in 03 and 04. When Richard and Ricks were the Qbs, they hardly got touched. In 02 the OL sucked and Richard ran for his life. That's the key to a pass rushing/fast defense like AAMU. But if the Qb has any time they are toast. You see that in the NFL. Over agressive defenses can cost you some games and big plays.

Journalist said:
13.Aries Nelson, Mississippi Valley State (Sr., 6-3, 215) - Nelson has all the physical characteristics to be a stellar quarterback, and his 2005 campaign showed the potential for a strong 2006 season for Nelson and the improving Delta Devils. After an erratic 2004 season, Nelson threw for 2,942 yards with 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions a year ago, and also chipped in 254 rushing yards and six scores. Nelson came up big in a pair of breakthrough wins for the Delta Devils, with 353 passing yards and one touchdown against Southern and 278 yards and two scores against Alabama State. Nelson?s accuracy is his weakest point, as he has completed slightly more than 50 percent of his passes in two seasons and has 25 touchdowns with 20 interceptions.

20. Joseph Lewis, Southern (Jr., 5-10, 190) - Lewis came on with a flurry at the end of the season for the Jaguars, throwing for more than 300 yards in his last three contests and tossing nine TD passes in those final three games. He had a tidy 19/7 touchdown to interception ratio and threw for 2,496 yards.

There is also a brief paragraph about Grambling's Brandon Landers and it lists Jimmy Oliver from Pearl River CC as a transfer to watch

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4021666.htm

Sleeper of the year in SWAC
UAPB's Jonathan Moore 6'1 215lbs QB
While the whole SWAC will be trying to contain Mickey Dean the Trotter Ford Lincoln Mercury player of the Year in the SWAC . Jonathan Moore should lead the young lions to a good record and a balanced attack. Moore is a good qb and showed signs of progress as a true freshmen.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Negro please........Valley constantly fumbling is what beat Valley last year, because u guys sure weren't stopping our offense.

Dude, our defense was causing those fumbles and turnovers.

Tigerpride said:
Dude, our defense was causing those fumbles and turnovers.

so when u fumble the ball before ANYONE touches you, or you signal fair catch and don't get your dumbass out of the way so the ball won't hit you, the defense caused that???? Yeah......ok, right..........I got 40 acres and a mule for you to in Jamestown.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
so when u fumble the ball before ANYONE touches you, or you signal fair catch and don't get your dumbass out of the way so the ball won't hit you, the defense caused that???? Yeah......ok, right..........I got 40 acres and a mule for you to in Jamestown.
Walter Burnette had dropped the ball @ the "1 YARD" line while trying go for a score. They Defense didn't cause that turnover he just probably got scared and dropped the ball or he probably wasn't prepared.

Jag-BR said:
Walter Burnette had dropped the ball @ the "1 YARD" line while trying go for a score. They Defense didn't cause that turnover he just probably got scared and dropped the ball or he probably wasn't prepared.

Dude, Valley gets scared when they see blue and white or hear the name "Jackson State".

Bell 3
Valley 0

Imagine what Comegy is going to do to po Valley. :smh:

Excuse my french but Valley played Coonball on that day. The same way Totten lost that game is how Hughes lost so many games. No structure to the program. Valley is not fundamentally sound and throwing for all of those yards don't win games when your players are not disciplined enough to hold on to the ball. Hughes would still be our HC and we would have some more SCG appearance and possibly SWAC titles if not for so many turnovers.

mighty hornet said:
ummm, we beat you because we were better.
(all the cheating yall did couldn't change that fact)

I still remember that obvious block in the back call in Jackson in 2001 that the refs blew but MYSTERIOUSLY picked up their flags like nothing happened and let the play stand.:shame: Oh well cheaters never prosper.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sting said:
I still remember that obvious block in the back call in Jackson in 2001 that the refs blew but MYSTERIOUSLY picked up their flags like nothing happened and let the play stand.:shame: Oh well cheaters never prosper.
I still shake my head when I think about that blatant, obvious, over-the-top cheating.
:smh::smh::smh::smh:

Sting said:
That was NOT a block in the back. The JSU player simply planted your players on his arse, and in the process wiped out the other player with any chance of tackling Manning.

Y'all won because we were turnover prone. Y'all had at least a +4 turnover advantage. We had T. C. Taylor trying to lateral the ball inside the 10 yard line in the last 5 minutes of the game, which y'all recovered. We had "Thumbs" Story dropping TDs in the endzone. I'll give y'all credit for taking advantage of our punt team.

Jag-BR said:
If you were at that game, then you know you are lying. Vincent Dancy was riding Burnette's arse and stripped that ball just before he ran in. Tough for Valley, but a great play by Vince Dancy.

Robber said:
That was NOT a block in the back. The JSU player simply planted your players on his arse, and in the process wiped out the other player with any chance of tackling Manning.
sorry rob, that was a block in the back. Damn near tackled the guy. Official was standing right at the spot of the foul. Threw a flag and then when the play went on for a td, officials huddled up and "decided" to pick the flag up and "give" jsu a td.
:smh::smh:

We had T. C. Taylor trying to lateral the ball inside the 10 yard line in the last 5 minutes of the game, which y'all recovered.
LMAO! damn, I had forgot about that one.

We had "Thumbs" Story <font color=red>(thanks mh)</font> dropping TDs in the endzone.
LMAO!!!!!!
You right about that one.

And most importantly, we also had Darnell Kennedy who was like a master that day. Yeah, Kent may have thrown for a million yards, but it was Kennedy who was in total control that day.

I really wish I had a tape of that game.

btw, last week, I was watching a tape of last year's ASU/JSU game. To hear DumbBell during timeouts was pure COMEDY!!!!!!
:lol::lol:

Robber said:
If you were at that game, then you know you are lying. Vincent Dancy was riding Burnette's arse and stripped that ball just before he ran in. Tough for Valley, but a great play by Vince Dancy.
:rolleyes:

Robber said:
Uuuuuh Robber

Why did you have to interupt this conversation with FACTS? Thats so typical of you.

Robber said:

I was there on the field watching and no one stripped anything. Burnette my boy and everything, but he just dropped the ball, point blank. It don't matter though, that's last year. An "L" is an "L". We lost, ya'll won. We'll see what happens in Jackson this year.

Huh...you were there and you didnt see Vincent Dancy strip the ball out of the RBs hand? You didnt see that? So you are saying that the RB was walking in the endzone about to score, and he dropped the ball on his own?

Get Ready said:
Huh...you were there and you didnt see Vincent Dancy strip the ball out of the RBs hand? You didnt see that? So you are saying that the RB was walking in the endzone about to score, and he dropped the ball on his own?

You prolly wasn't there because you were boycotting the games.

Back