Most intimidating home crowd

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Any stadium that Southern plays in. I remember that J-State game in Jackson in 99. When Jackson State team came out to warm up there were 30,000 Jag fans seated in the stadium. The SU band had everybody in the stadium rocking. You should have saw the look on those players faces. They couldn't even warm up. :jump: :jump: That had to be the best BCF football game ever when talking about environment and crowd participation. Also the Alcorn game this season. We just took over the reservation.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. The game in Jackson was so hype! There were a lot of JSU fans at the game however our fans did the usual, wait until the last minute to get into the game. By the time we arrived, all the SU fans had already covered the entire stadium so our fans were spreaded throughout the entire stadium which made it look like we were small in numbers. Once all the fans got in the stadium you could not move. People were sitting all in the aisles. If you got up to go to the bathroom chances are you LOST your seat.

This game also made JSU fans come together by wearing school colors to the SWAC Championship game. This was a first for me to see so many JSU fans wearing school colors and school paraphernalia.

This game is definitely a must attend REGARDLESS to where it is played.

1999....JSU versus SU was the greatest. lol.

Tigress I remember that...That was the year they had the BIG CAT CLASSIC T-SHIRTS for both schools. Southern's were gold and J-State's were white..... The whole stadium was GOLD AND WHITE...IT was soooo beautiful. I was surprised so many people actually participated in the T-Shirt thing...the people that didnt have them on looked out of place. LOL.

I have a pic somewhere of SU's side.....

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41c564efz5c8248d4/8f94/__sr_/1b37.jpg?ph8UFRCBoiHTm61a

The Big House in Ann Arbor (Michigan)

The Palace in Detroit ( Bad Boys Pistons)

Madison Square Garden in the early to mid 90s (Knicks)

Mad House on Madison St. Chicago Stadium (Da Bulls)

The Orange Bowl (Canes)

The Great Western Forum (Showtime Act I)

The Vet (Eagles) Philly fans are the absolute worst. :smug:

EyEoFtHeTiGeR said:

I'd have to personally disagree on that one. The Michigan crowd is basically a "symphony" crowd. They stand in unison, clap in unison, then sit back down. It's the quietest 110,000 people you'll ever see. Anybody that has ever attended the Michigan-Ohio State in both Columbus and Ann Arbor can tell you that the crowds are night and day.

I would have to say the most intimidating crowd would be SU. Listening to the 03 homecoming I remember listening to the commentators talk during halftime, then the jukebox started playing jiggalator and the crowd got so loud I couldnt even here the commentators anymore. Even though 04's crowd wasnt as rowdy as Jaguar Nations' past the fall's schedule will quickly return the crowd we(SU) all love and ya'll(opponents) all hate.

kg0586 said:
I would have to say the most intimidating crowd would be SU. Listening to the 03 homecoming I remember listening to the commentators talk during halftime, then the jukebox started playing jiggalator and the crowd got so loud I couldnt even here the commentators anymore. Even though 04's crowd wasnt as rowdy as Jaguar Nations' past the fall's schedule will quickly return the crowd we(SU) all love and ya'll(opponents) all hate.
u right last years crowd wasnt rowdy at all......mainly because of the terrible home schedule we had but this year's schedule will GREATLY make up for it........ill be the first to say it SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY WILL BE THE 2005 BLACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

NOISE TALKA said:
1999....JSU versus SU was the greatest. lol.

Tigress I remember that...That was the year they had the BIG CAT CLASSIC T-SHIRTS for both schools. Southern's were gold and J-State's were white..... The whole stadium was GOLD AND WHITE...IT was soooo beautiful. I was surprised so many people actually participated in the T-Shirt thing...the people that didnt have them on looked out of place. LOL.

I have a pic somewhere of SU's side.....

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41c564efz5c8248d4/8f94/__sr_/1b37.jpg?ph8UFRCBoiHTm61a

pic5.jpg

jsu.jpg

pic31.jpg

pic34.jpg

Those pics are from that '99 game. It does look kinda "swole". lol

...Carry On..

Nonchalant said:
pic5.jpg

jsu.jpg

pic31.jpg

pic34.jpg

Those pics are from that '99 game. It does look kinda "swole". lol

...Carry On..
DAMN...................thats ridiculous...what was the official attendance.

There was not a seat in the house....people were sitting in the isles. There had to be atleast 65,000 crammed in there....The official attendance was probably like 30,000. lol.

That was the year the PA announcer kept repeatedly asking folks to slide over more so an extra person could squeeze in to sit down. :lmao:

D@mn Yall got to hurry up and fired Bell's @ss. :angry:

The 03 JSU-SU game looked just like the 99 game. Its gonna be big this year too. Just keep it out of the dome :tdown:

as big as the dome is, im not a fan of dome games, all you here is the bands echoes and i'd just rather a packed average size stadium than a half packed dome

kg0586 said:
The 03 JSU-SU game looked just like the 99 game. Its gonna be big this year too. Just keep it out of the dome :tdown:
I will agree with that. 03 JSU-SU was off the chain for real.:nod2:

JSUTigress92 said:
I will agree with that. 03 JSU-SU was off the chain for real.:nod2:
The 2003 BoomBox was the crunkest next to 1999. We made it late in 99' but still managed to squeeze in on the 50 yd line in our "gold t's". Does anybody have a tape of that game?

As I read this, I cannot help but to think that then came AAMU and ended the old SWAC and created a New Big Three.

EyEoFtHeTiGeR said:

Most definitely, especially when UM plays Mich St, ND, Colorado and ND...
The Palace in Detroit ( Bad Boys Pistons)

co-sign

Madison Square Garden in the early to mid 90s (Knicks)

Still got my Pat Ewing Jersey when they lost to Houston in 94

Mad House on Madison St. Chicago Stadium (Da Bulls)

Not as rowdy as the crowd at MSG.

The Orange Bowl (Canes)
Yeah...but the Seminole Fans are just as rowdy

The Great Western Forum (Showtime Act I)
somewhat...

The Vet (Eagles) Philly fans are the absolute worst. :smug:

Actually, the Dawg pound(Browns) and the Black Hole(Raiders) fans aremuch worse than the Eagles Fans.

Honorable Mentioned: The Steel Curtain fans and the Hogs(Redskins).

JROCK said:
I was at that game. :lol: For a minute, I was wondering if jsu fans were going to show up. :lol:

We had to learn....and that is one reason I don't like Memorial and would opt for a 30K seat stadium. With 60K seats....we can normally come right before the game and get a decent seat. Even for the Alcorn game....the stands are not packed until near the end of the first quarter. If we had fewer seats, our "fans" would not have this mentality.

CurtDog 1971 said:
1994...Souther/Alcorn.....McNair breaks the all time total offense record. One of the best crowds I have ever seen.

That was not an "intimidating crowd" though. Hell S.U. had more fans there. :lol:

Now if you want to talk about "intimidating," you should have been in "Scotland" the year prior (1993 v.s. Alcorn) when McNair was beat up like a "Hebrew Slave." :lol: And the crowd was raising........."holy hell." :lol:

JROCK said:
The was not an "intimidating crowd" though. Hell S.U. had more fans there. :lol:
I am glad you said this, because I think some people on here are confusing "intimidating crowds" with "large crowds".

Carry on.

JROCK said:
Now if you want to talk about "intimidating," you should have been in "Scotland" the year prior (1993 v.s. Alcorn) when McNair was beat up like a "Hebrew Slave." :lol: And the crowd was raising........."holy hell." :lol:

Oh yeah...the Ref's made the band stop playing "Defense Jags, Defense" and the crowd boo'd and started it back up without the band...that's the loudest I've EVER heard Mumford.

jag4life said:
Oh yeah...the Ref's made the band stop playing "Defense Jags, Defense" and the crowd boo'd and started it back up without the band...that's the loudest I've EVER heard Mumford.

Man you are talking about a ...............Classic! That doggone Sean Wallace for as small as he was played like a monster!

Back