Morris-Brown Attempts To Raise $500,000

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/morris-brown-struggles-to-1036313.html

morrisbrown_0723_0_1016771l.jpg

The beleaguered Morris Brown College is attempting to raise $500,000 to erase a multi-million dollar debt owed to the U.S. Department of Education, a step that -- if successful -- could help the school regain accreditation.

The federal government agreed in May to eliminate the historically black college's $9.9 million debt, provided the school pays the reduced amount by Aug. 24. The college has raised $365,000 so far, according to a note sent to alumni this week. If they fail to meet this deadline, school officials will likely renew discussion over how to pay the debt.

President Stanley Pritchett was confident the college would meet the deadline, but through a spokeswoman declined additional comments until then.

I'm surely pulling for them and they don't have that much time to raise it either...so they may have to really do some "crunching" but I am wondering what is up with their alumni base which seems that they could have had the money by now, I'm not being "picky" but seems that they should have had it by now! But all-in-all best of luck and I hope for the best!

Atlanta Church Saves Morris Brown College With Donation

The Cascade United Metodist Church of Atlanta recently gave struggling Morris Brown College a lifeline, when they donated $22,000 to school.

The money, which was raised during a month-long fundraising effort, helped the school eliminate its hefty debt to the U.S. Department of Education.

Rev. Dr. Marvin Moss said they couldn’t let a historic part of their community go by the wayside.

Source

Back