Morehouse President is asked to resign.

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
http://obnoxioustv.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-morehouse-college-president-asked-to-resign/

Dr. Robert Micheal Franklin was asked to resign last year at the decision of the Morehouse College Board of Trustees with the agreement that he would be the remaining school year to find him another job prior to announcing he was not going to stay on at the college.

After careful evaluation by the borad it was clear that the school was not going to renew his contract. Five years and very little success at bringing in money to the college. Many have said it was clear after the first year that Dr. Franklin lacked vision and leadership to be effective as the presient of the great Morehouse College. Additionally, it has been wispered that he has had more faliures than sucess while at the college. Insiders say that he seemed to have started off on the right track but never really made it happen.

A letter by Dr. Franklin was sent to alumni and he will have a confrence call to hear his remarks on his decison to step down.

http://obnoxioustv.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-morehouse-college-president-asked-to-resign/

Dr. Robert Micheal Franklin was asked to resign last year at the decision of the Morehouse College Board of Trustees with the agreement that he would be the remaining school year to find him another job prior to announcing he was not going to stay on at the college.

After careful evaluation by the borad it was clear that the school was not going to renew his contract. Five years and very little success at bringing in money to the college. Many have said it was clear after the first year that Dr. Franklin lacked vision and leadership to be effective as the presient of the great Morehouse College. Additionally, it has been wispered that he has had more faliures than sucess while at the college. Insiders say that he seemed to have started off on the right track but never really made it happen.

A letter by Dr. Franklin was sent to alumni and he will have a confrence call to hear his remarks on his decison to step down.

WOW!

This is interesting. John Wilson is currently Director of the White House Initiative on HBCU's, is a Morehouse man, was a finalist last time they had interviews for that position and wants to get back into a University. I am willing to put my money that he will be next President of Morehouse....

Word is Howard is not renewing their President's contract also.

This is interesting. John Wilson is currently Director of the White House Initiative on HBCU's, is a Morehouse man, was a finalist last time they had interviews for that position and wants to get back into a University. I am willing to put my money that he will be next President of Morehouse....

Word is Howard is not renewing their President's contract also.

Dr. Ribeau (Howard) came from Bowling Green. He was not accustomed to the politics that come with being an HBCU President. He is a mentor to one of my mentors and when he was hired I tried to explain to her (she is white) that HBCU Presidents have to know how to play politics better than presidents at PWIs. She couldn't wrap her mind around it, since most of our institions are smaller with lack of alumni input. About a year into his presidency, Ribeau had a conversation with my mentor about how the external and internal pressures and politics at Howard were unlike anything he had ever experienced BG. I knew from that comment he was in over his head and he would not be at Howard long.

These days, if you are a college president and you can't fundraise, you won't be there long. Fundraising is about 70 if not 80% of your role. My Executive Director is writing her dissertation on the success and longevity of community college presidents with fundraising backgrounds. She is comparing those who don't with those who do. Her other variable is time spent as a faculty memer, which use to be almost a prerequisite for the role. The preliminary data that we discussed last week from her first couple of interviews proved that those without fundraising experience had a tougher time than those who did. Faculty experience has not been as statistically significant as she thought it would be. It is the age we are in and at our institutions, fundraising experience and ability to articulate your vision is a must. I would love to see her study done at 4 -year insitutions and at HBCUs.

Jpop - you would be smart to bet your money on Wilson. His background since Morehouse and Harvard would make him a great fit for the job. I hope he gets it.

TSU,
You are correct that Wilson has the resume and fundraising background but politically, he is worse than Ribeau. Fortunately for him, Morehouse may be the only place he can survive. Wilson is an elitist to the highest degree.

As far as Presidents, the day of the academic president is coming to an end. It is all about business and ability to fundraise now.

TSU,
You are correct that Wilson has the resume and fundraising background but politically, he is worse than Ribeau. Fortunately for him, Morehouse may be the only place he can survive. Wilson is an elitist to the highest degree.

As far as Presidents, the day of the academic president is coming to an end. It is all about business and ability to fundraise now.

Why do you think I said he would be a good FIT for Morehouse LOL (NO I am not saying all Morehouse grads act this way, but there is a culture on that campus that Wilson would embrace and that would embrace him as president). I was not only alluding to his resume...lol...

Why do you think I said he would be a good FIT for Morehouse LOL (NO I am not saying all Morehouse grads act this way, but there is a culture on that campus that Wilson would embrace and that would embrace him as president). I was not only alluding to his resume...lol...

My bad. You are correct. DC is filled with Morehouse alums. That would be the only HBCU job he would make it 90 days in. I once heard this dude say, he doesn't converse with commoners.

Back