MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ANNOUNCES FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET PRICES!

Devilsh1

The Preeminent One!
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ANNOUNCES FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET PRICES

June 9, 2005

Itta Bena, MS--- The Mississippi Valley State Athletic department announced today the season book prices and single game ticket prices for the 2005 Delta Devils Football games. With five home games scheduled Delta Devils fans will have several chances to witness one of the top returning offenses and defenses in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, including a televised game against Alabama State on November 12th .

SEASON TICKETS: Reserved Premium Chairback Seats: $90
Reserved Bleacher Seats: $60
General On-Campus Parking:
Free for Season Chairback Season Ticket holders
RV and Bus Parking: $80
Reserved Devils Den Parking: $50

SINGLE GAME TICKETS Southern University, Jackson State*: Advance Game Day
Adult General Admission $18 $22
Children (ages 5-12) $8 $22
Reserved Chairback Seats $25 $25

Texas Southern (Homecoming), Alabama State and Southeastern Louisiana Advance Game Day
Adult General Admission $15 $18
Children (ages 5-12) $8 $18
Reserved Chairback Seats $20 $20

* - JSU Students (On JSU campus only with valid school ID): $10 in advance, $22 game day

For more information contact the MVSU Athletics Department at (662) 254-3550.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Earle said:
Why are the tickets for the SU and JSU games higher than the others?

Now Come on Earle...you know that the only time Valley will pack that stadium is when ourselves and jsu visit...They must be drinking champagne in the athletic dept up there...How did they manage to get both of us in the same year?

Big ups to them for bringing both games back to thier campus to make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

Why are the tickets for the SU and JSU games higher than the others?
Valley ain't been snowed by that bamma nonsense. When the money is on the line, they still know who are the "BIG 3" in the SWAC.

From the looks of it, SU and Jackson State are even bigger than Homecoming. The only thing worse than this would be making Southern your homecoming.

sportscaster said:
Now Come on Earle...you know that the only time Valley will pack that stadium is when ourselves and jsu visit...They must be drinking champagne in the athletic dept up there...How did they manage to get both of us in the same year?

Big ups to them for bringing both games back to thier campus to make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

It's a No-Brainer..........
Southern has a HUGE following and they will bring $$$$$$$$$ into MVSU's cofers not ot mention what they will do for the local economy (motels/restaurants)! That is one of the many reasons AAMU has scheduled them for HC since '98. (as long as a big road game did not interfere.) :tup: :tup: :tup:

MVSU stadium hold 11,000 people.............:smh: I know I better leave early around 8:00 A:M and stay in Greenwood MS.

Yeah that would be your best bet! Just like the Jaguars Valley Fans come out for Games of this sort in big numbers. They may even sell both band seats also!

Devilsh1 said:
Yeah that would be your best bet! Just like the Jaguars Valley Fans come out for Games of this sort in big numbers. They may even sell both band seats also!
How many people did Valley average a game last year??????My guess 3000 a game.

Well I don't know for sure but I can say most of the close schools game be more than that in attendance! For example the Alcorn vs Valley Game brought in 8,000 people! Valley vs JSU brings in 13,000 at Valley!

STRAWDOG said:
Southern has a HUGE following and they will bring $$$$$$$$$ into MVSU's cofers not ot mention what they will do for the local economy (motels/restaurants)! That is one of the many reasons AAMU has scheduled them for HC since '98. (as long as a big road game did not interfere.) :tup: :tup: :tup:

wouldnt it be smarter if AAMU scheduled its homecoming for another game besides the southern game? Homecoming is already a big game and you're gauranteed a nice crowd. By scheduling SU for homecoming you eliminate the possibilty of two big games on campus.

Storm96 said:
wouldnt it be smarter if AAMU scheduled its homecoming for another game besides the southern game? Homecoming is already a big game and you're gauranteed a nice crowd. By scheduling SU for homecoming you eliminate the possibilty of two big games on campus.
That's the common sense most of the world uses, but they got some other way of rationalizing it.

Well I know for a fact that MVSU is gonna bring 3,000 or less and SU will bring 7,000-9,000 people. :nod:

Storm96 said:
Makes too much sense.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
STRAWDOG said:
:tdown:

STRAW, I gotta dissagree here. We played SU for homecoming last year more because of scheduling purposes. We always play SU mid-season, and that is the same time we always hold our homecoming (1st or 2nd week of October). In '98, it was a great marketing move to schedule SU for Homecoming. In 2000 we played SU for a regular home game in the freezing cold and drew over 15,000 for that game. It all eventually comes down to scheduling slots. All this shows is that we are not scared to play SU for Homecoming.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
i don't care if we got 1 or one million valley fans there, as long as we kick SU arse and the band bumping Devil's Gun!
Well guess what DGTM the only time you will here MVSU playing Devil's Gun is when the players come on the field,for the halftime show, and THE 4TH QUARTER when VALLEY scores their 1st TD. :lol:

Storm96 said:
Our homecoming game is at the same time EVERY year... no matter who ison the schedule.. either the first or second week in October depending on which one we have a home game. It has been that way ever since I can remember. Any other date would be the first or second home game of the season or too close to Magic City Classic. If the SU game was the end of hte season they would have never been our homecoming opponent.

Mr. SWAC said:
:tdown:

STRAW, I gotta dissagree here. We played SU for homecoming last year more because of scheduling purposes. We always play SU mid-season, and that is the same time we always hold our homecoming (1st or 2nd week of October). In '98, it was a great marketing move to schedule SU for Homecoming. In 2000 we played SU for a regular home game in the freezing cold and drew over 15,000 for that game. It all eventually comes down to scheduling slots. All this shows is that we are not scared to play SU for Homecoming.

Mr. SWAC:

I am in agreeance with most of what you are saying. SU for homecoming in 98 was very strategic. I was personally against it in 2000, but there was some confusion with that whole "2 homecoming" situation. :lol:

But last year...I do not think that it was a good idea to have SU as our homecoming opponent.
That put too many of our eggs in one basket.
We're gonna draw on Homecoming REGARDLESS of who our opponent is.
SU brings a following with them, and they are one of the few SWAC teams who OUR fans really come out for, so that is a guaranteed payday at the ticket office as well.

The odds of having SU as a Homecoming opponent and coming away with a SURE FIRE WIN doesn't exactly stack up as the most favorable thing to do either.
Aye...just keeping it real. :D

Jag-BR said:
Well guess what DGTM the only time you will here MVSU playing Devil's Gun is when the players come on the field,for the halftime show, and THE 4TH QUARTER when VALLEY scores their 1st TD. :lol:

we will see. I predict ya'll gonna go back to Red Stick with "Devil's Gun" ringing in ya'll ears.

we will see. I predict ya'll gonna go back to Red Stick with "Devil's Gun" ringing in ya'll ears.
I will hear it about 4 times... :lmao:

1)When the players come on the field!
2)Halftime!
3)Valley's FG kick!
4)Valley's TD!

My prediction....... ya'll gonna stay home with all sorts of songs ringing in ya'll ear.
1)Fight Song
2)Neck
3)Rock-N-Roll
4)Do Whatcha Wanna
5)HeadBussas..............That's NOT it. :nod2:

SU- 35
Valley-10

i don't care if we got 1 or one million valley fans there, as long as we kick SU arse and the band bumping Devil's Gun!
I though ya'll fight song was named the Disco. :lmao:

Back