McNair signs with the Ravens

ASU2002

Has anyone heard this?
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060505-055403-1409r

Free agent quarterback Steve McNair signed with the Baltimore Ravens Friday.

McNair had played for the Tennessee franchise since he was a first-round pick by the Oilers in 1995, when the team was based in Houston.

He became a free agent when the Titans could not trade or release him.

For most of the off-season, he had expressed a desire to leave the Titans, and had been barred from the team's training and rehabilitation facilities. The players union filed a grievance on his behalf after that.

The oft-injured McNair, 33, who has been chosen for the Pro Bowl two times, has thrown for over 27,000 yards, 156 touchdowns and 103 interceptions.

NFL.com reported that McNair and the Ravens have reached an agreement on the parameters of a deal that will pay McNair a nearly $11 million signing bonus and another $1 million in base salary.

He will push incumbent Kyle Boller for the Ravens' starting job.

ummm, if this is accurate they are keeping it under wraps. No postings on cnn or fox. in fact I just read a report that Jeff is trying to "work" steve back in some way.

good post

I seen that comin........The Ravens was waiting on the Titans to release him....:cry: But that OK. we have Vincent Young.:bowdown:

.....well I guess I will go and burn all my Titans stuff and become a Raven fan.:spin: :spin: Back in purple.

purplerush said:
.....well I guess I will go and burn all my Titans stuff and become a Raven fan.:spin: :spin: Back in purple.
Why not cheer for your team and hope McNair does well??? Like the rest of us do for our NFL'ers.

purplerush said:

I hope he takes a SPECIAL INTEREST in kicking the TITAN's arse every year.:saw:

Sorry Vince...............like ya, but ...............they done McNair wrong.....PERIOD.:nod:

They are doing him wrong, but..... That's the way the NFL works. As soon as you make more loot than they think you are worth, you're cut. Period. There are only a few people (Favre) who can play as long as they want for one team. Everyone else is just hired help until they find someone younger and cheaper.....

Robber said:
Why not cheer for your team and hope McNair does well??? Like the rest of us do for our NFL'ers.

b/c most of us were never titans fans, just mcnair fans. they get rid of mac, they get rid of many of us....or at least me. ravens will make a serious run at the superbowl w/ mac at the controls. Go Ravens!!

The Raven will do well with Mac as the Q-B! The McNair to Hymes combination will be great! The SWAC will represent!

major095 said:
b/c most of us were never titans fans, just mcnair fans. they get rid of mac, they get rid of many of us....or at least me. ravens will make a serious run at the superbowl w/ mac at the controls. Go Ravens!!
That's my point. Why do y'all have to flock to whatever team Mac is on. I'm sure y'all were fans of teams before Mac got to the NFL. Why not just hope that Mac does well and continue to root for your own team, instead of following him around the league like some cult. I have never worn a Chicago Bears #34 jersey, simply because it's a Bears jersey. I'm a Cowboys fan. I won't be wearing Payton's jersey or Jimmy Smith's or any other JSU alum, unless it's a Cowboys jersey. But I always hope they do well when playing.

As for Mac in Baltimore, if it's true, I'm happy for him. The Ravens should do much better.

:lol:
Robber said:
That's my point. Why do y'all have to flock to whatever team Mac is on. I'm sure y'all were fans of teams before Mac got to the NFL. Why not just hope that Mac does well and continue to root for your own team, instead of following him around the league like some cult. I have never worn a Chicago Bears #34 jersey, simply because it's a Bears jersey. I'm a Cowboys fan. I won't be wearing Payton's jersey or Jimmy Smith's or any other JSU alum, unless it's a Cowboys jersey. But I always hope they do well when playing.

As for Mac in Baltimore, if it's true, I'm happy for him. The Ravens should do much better.

You bring up a GREAT point, Robber. I am a football fan with NO team. I follow players and coaches that I like and cheer for them to win. I never say "I am a Titans' fan." I like McNair so I want the Titans to win. McNair's gone so now I will cheer for the Ravens. But a true FAN of a team cheers for that team regardless of who the players are. I am a Chicago Cubs baseball fan and have stayed one for over 20 years despite the losses, changing players...etc.

Mr. Tiger said:

You bring up a GREAT point, Robber. I am a football fan with NO team. I follow players and coaches that I like and cheer for them to win. I never say "I am a Titans' fan." I like McNair so I want the Titans to win. McNair's gone so now I will cheer for the Ravens. But a true FAN of a team cheers for that team regardless of who the players are. I am a Chicago Cubs baseball fan and have stayed one for over 20 years despite the losses, changing players...etc.
I just like messing with Alcornites, man. EVERY Alcornite I know was a Titans fan. They literally dumped their team of years, once Mac went to the league. And now their ALL gonna follow him to Baltimore, if its true. Purplerush's post is very typical of the Alcornites in this case.

Robber said:

LOL. You are right Robber. I grew up a Steelers and Redskins fan and my family would pull for Chicago when Payton was playing there and then L. Tillman. I wasn't a true Bears fan though. Even though I root for SWAC players such as Jimmy Smith who is from my HS and definitely SU players that make it. I would not wear a Cowboys jersey(since I hate them lol) and be a fan even if Lenny Williams became an all-pro there. Now I will say this.....since I have been here in Minnesota, I have rooted for the Vikings except when they play my Steelers. So I consider myself a fan so to speak....but not diehard. I guess I am just a true FOOTBALL fan. But people do become attached to certain players. Like I did with Joe Montana. I rooted for the Niners as soon as he got there from ND. So I can understand the Alcorn folks to a certain extent. I am sure a lot of Valley fans became 49ers when Rice went there and became Raider fans later. LOL

Now I wonder will Mighty Hornet become a Vikings fan over his Falcons once Tarvaris Jackson lines up under center here. ~snicker~

JR said:
Now I wonder will Mighty Hornet become a Vikings fan over his Falcons once Tarvaris Jackson lines up under center here. ~snicker~
If that happen, we will not be so warm hearted to let him back on the wagon.

JR said:
LOL. You are right Robber. I grew up a Steelers and Redskins fan and my family would pull for Chicago when Payton was playing there and then L. Tillman. I wasn't a true Bears fan though. Even though I root for SWAC players such as Jimmy Smith who is from my HS and definitely SU players that make it. I would not wear a Cowboys jersey(since I hate them lol) and be a fan even if Lenny Williams became an all-pro there. Now I will say this.....since I have been here in Minnesota, I have rooted for the Vikings except when they play my Steelers. So I consider myself a fan so to speak....but not diehard. I guess I am just a true FOOTBALL fan. But people do become attached to certain players. Like I did with Joe Montana. I rooted for the Niners as soon as he got there from ND. So I can understand the Alcorn folks to a certain extent. I am sure a lot of Valley fans became 49ers when Rice went there and became Raider fans later. LOL

I know people do it, but I'm talking about an entire school, man. Not just one or two, but every single one of them (I know there are one or two somewhere that didn't ditch their team for Mac). It's interesting.

Robber said:

Now you know white you like Blue and White.:winkgrin:

Robber said:
I know people do it, but I'm talking about an entire school, man. Not just one or two, but every single one of them (I know there are one or two somewhere that didn't ditch their team for Mac). It's interesting.

I believe you man. But hey maybe alot of those Alcorn fans just started watching the NFL once Mac got drafted.:idea: Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. LOL

Robber said:

Exactly!! I have been a Steelers and Saints fan all my life...and a Laker fan all my life. No matter who plays for them or what personnel moves they make I will always be.

JR said:
I believe you man. But hey maybe alot of those Alcorn fans just started watching the NFL once Mac got drafted.:idea: Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. LOL
It depends on the person really. I was a big Cowboys fan and loved Aikman, Smith, Irving but once they left I really didn't care for the Cowboys anymore. So maybe some liked the Titans because of Mac and still had their own team but was a supporter because they supported Mac. Just like peeps follow teams because of the coach.
But you are right JR. I know some that didn't watch any football until Mac went to the Oilers. Then they didn't miss just to see him get his chance.

Well there you have it, the next AA QB that's going to win a Super Bowl and they both will have come from the Dirty SWAC.

Back