McNabb - Black on Black Crime?

majiksity

King/Queen Maker
How many have seen Donavan McNabb's interview on ESPN? It was very interesting but I am not sure I agree with him with his "Black on Black" crime statement.

majiksity said:
How many have seen Donavan McNabb's interview on ESPN? It was very interesting but I am not sure I agree with him with his "Black on Black" crime statement.

I don't agree with him either....
That's stretching it a bit! :shame:

The ONLY reason TO even commented about Brett Favre was because the Interviewer asked his oppinion on Michael Irvin's comments that Brett Favre would probably be undefeated had he been in Philly and surrounded by all the talent they had there!

The interviewer asked TO about that, and he agreed...but neither his comments nor Michael Irvin's even focused on Race.
It was initially about Favre!

It ain't that deep, and why even bring it up NOW...especially around the Superbowl?! :xeye:

majiksity said:

Obviously this whole thing has affected Donovan. I always liked him, but I think he is becoming a weak arse brother. He is reading too much into the TO thing. It is what it is. Michael Irvin was like that is not even how he should look at it. He needs to move on. I wouldn't even bring that up especially during SB week. Hell even TO aint saying nothing because he is trying to get on someone's team. LOL. GR was right about McNabb. Oh well.

McNabb is just angry and trying to let out some frustration. Just let that go McNabb

I agree with him. We as Black people shouldn't criticize each other publicly. We should pull each other aside and talk to one another. I think that Donovan is addressing a problem that we as a people to focus on. T.O. was wrong, not McNabb.

First question: Why Now??!!??

If you TRULY want to be honest and dig deep on this one....It's Brett Farve who should be insulted. Why would a Farve comparison be considered a SLAP IN THE FACE to McNABB? According to McNabb's reasoning...the fact that he was compared to a WHITE QB is the primary reason was offended. What a stupid analogy. His BLACK on BLACK CRIME comparison was totally off base and out of scope.

Michael Smith (the interviewer) baited McNabb into saying something STUPID during superbowl week. PERIOD. That's what the media is there for. Let's face it....both teams (for the most part) are behaving and not giving media folk isht to write about anyhow. This made their week.

Oh...and WHAT THE HELL was that "I'll forgive but I'll never forget" crap??!!
Mann...just shut up and get over it. T.O. came to PHILLY and divided the locker room. He ripped McNabb EVERYTIME he got the chance. McNabb did N-O-T-H-I-N-G. He's supposed to be the leader. If i were the leader you would have heard how he and I tore up that dayum locker room after all that poison he spewed. I think his team LOST RESPECT for him for not making a stand. He only looks smaller by sharing how he REALLY feels now. OWENS IS GONE NOW. HE DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP. In the words of Ashton's show...McNabb, you got punked.

I wouldn't put T.O.'s name in my mouth EVER AGAIN in front of a camera if I were McNabb. It's unbecoming. Let it go man.

I disagree with his assessment too.

This interview could have happened weeks or months ago. ESPN is airing it now for its own purposes.

jag4life said:
I disagree with his assessment too.

This interview could have happened weeks or months ago. ESPN is airing it now for its own purposes.

Nope. It was a live interview yesterday J4L. Just to play Devil's Advocate though.....Last week (or month) would have STILL been too late to bring all this out now.

For those of you that do not know how the Super Bowl works for teams not in it; Just about ALL players from every team comes to the Super Bowl city the week of the game... That is standard practice... The Majority if not all of those not playing in the gfame LEAVE by Sunday.... Standard practice... McNabb's interview is common place duirng the week...

Now the Black on Black crime comment..... Not sure I agree with it being black on black crime, but I do fault TO... I thought McNabb handled the whole situation as about as well as one could.

I have even talked with a close friend of mine who is the PR director at Indy and one that is the PR Dir. at St. Louis and they all pretty much sided with McNabb and the way he handle it.

I have never been a TO fan, even though his talent speaks for itself, but he is not above any team or the league.

The timing of the interview with Donovan just happens to come when there is not alot of talk about the two teams in XL.

I really think the b-o-b crime statement refers more to the NCAACP guy than TO....

My .02 cents.

His Black on Black crime statement was in relation to TO. And everyone (ESPN - Cold Pizza, McNabb included etc) keep acting like TO just said "hey, if we had Farve - we would be undefeated" - he was asked a question in response to the statements Irvine made along those lines. Not tryin to excuse TO (and I am a TO fan) but for McNabb to come along at this point - he could have said something along these lines when TO was suspended, I would have respected him more for that. But at this point, McNabb is now looking weak, this has done nothing to re-bond his locker room - and it is now something that is going to carry over into their off season program and early season. If they start their season off bad or shaky - they wont be able to use TO as the excuse (he was not the excuse last season - has anyone called out Andy Reid for his game plans) - the excuse that everyone will use will be this McNabb interview - and how divided this locker room is.

BIFF said:
Nope. It was a live interview yesterday J4L. Just to play Devil's Advocate though.....Last week (or month) would have STILL been too late to bring all this out now.

It wasn't live because there was talk about what he said in the interview Wednesday morning before it even aired.

Yes sir, the SuperBowl is a celebration for "ALL" sports stars and celebrities. At NBA ALLSTAR WEEKEND would we see and interview where "Mike" says how much he disliked "Isaiah" or how much Shaq hates Kobe? I doubt it. LEAVE THE STUFF AT HOME WHERE IT BELONGS.

It's not about picking sides or who was at fault anymore. I agree T.O was waaay out of line but (for McNabb especially) it shouldnt be important anymore. It's over. Let it DIE. I expected an interview like this AFTER the attacks. Not now. The media is gonna throw pitches all the time. It's their job. (You dont have to swing though.)

Simply do like T.O.'s agent and say......................"next question".

jag4life said:
It wasn't live because there was talk about what he said in the interview Wednesday morning before it even aired.

They probably talked about it immediately afterwards then. He had on the same glasses, suit, and hair braid style during the interview that he wore during another NFL BREAKDOWN show that aired on WED. night. Oh well.

GR has always hated McNabb and GR has always had the ability to see right thru him. TGO saw him as a punk a looong time ago, long before Liimbaugh went off on him. Limbaugh was right, TO was right, Freddie Mitchell was right, and the NAACP dude was right. Now let me ask you a question. How many people are going to get fired for telling the truth on this PUNK?

All these people cant be wrong.

GR,

People should have seen that when Hugh Douglass got his azz kicked trying to help him. Still :lmao: at Hugh. T.O. whup that azz.

Ice Man said:
GR,

People should have seen that when Hugh Douglass got his azz kicked trying to help him. Still :lmao: at Hugh. T.O. whup that azz.

See, that's what I could never confirm...how much "interaction" was there in the fight, and who actually got dun up! :D

Ice...you got the low down on that one????

Maaaaan....Micheal Irvin and Tom Jackson had a field day with that one. I :lmao: when Micheal asks Hugh who won and Hugh didn't say anything. Matter of fact Hugh hasn't said anything since that fight. Tom said Hugh threw some, T.O. threw some, Hugh miss some, T.O. didn't. Stewart Scott......I guess T.O. handled his business. Tom....you can say that.

Ice Man said:
Maaaaan....Micheal Irvin and Tom Jackson had a field day with that one. I :lmao: when Micheal asks Hugh who won and Hugh didn't say anything. Matter of fact Hugh hasn't said anything since that fight. Tom said Hugh threw some, T.O. threw some, Hugh miss some, T.O. didn't. Stewart Scott......I guess T.O. handled his business. Tom....you can say that.

:lmao:

Now how you gone get your ass whipped for another mans business on behalf of a company that done fired your ass twice? How dumb can you be?

Get Ready said:
Now how you gone get your ass whipped for another mans business on behalf of a company that done fired your ass twice? How dumb can you be?
:lmao:

McNabb is looking softer and softer everyday. Let me get this straight, he would have been OK if he had said Aaron Brooks, but not future Hall of Famer Brett Farve? The worst part of this whole ordeal is the way the media portrays it. The truth is that two men had a dispute, people took sides, and it went from there. Yet it's always portrayed as T.O. divided the locker room, T.O. destroyed the Eagles' season, etc. But that's what happens when you have a generation of sportswriters and sportscasters who are more interested in creating stories than reporting them.....

Now the negro that got his azz kicked 4 you has turned too. And as I said this locker room is going to be divided for a long time.

Ex-Eagle Douglas questions McNabb's leadership

Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb took another hit Wednesday, this time from a former teammate and current Eagles' employee.

Former defensive end Hugh Douglas told radio station WIP that McNabb isn't the type of man to lead the Eagles, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

"The thing that Donovan needs -- it's been proven, especially this year -- he needs other people to lead," Douglas told the radio station. "He's not a leader. He doesn't want to lead. He is the leader on the field as a quarterback; he isn't a team leader. He needs a good supporting cast."

Contacted Wednesday night by the Inquirer, the 34-year-old Douglas modified the statement about McNabb, but only slightly.

"In order to be a leader, you have to be in people's face; if that is what you think, he isn't that guy," Douglas told the paper. "Donovan will lead on the football field, and if you need him to give a Vince Lombardi speech, he won't."

Douglas said that he contacted McNabb after the radio interview and the quarterback was fine with what Douglas said when he explained the context.

Douglas also suggested on the radio show that radical changes would be needed to address the lack of leadership.

"At some point, [head coach Andy Reid] is going to have to go in that locker room and make it like Beirut again, to be totally honest," Douglas told WIP. "It's obvious right now that the guys who he thinks are leaders aren't his leaders, and the young guys aren't ready to lead."

Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown disagreed with Douglas' assessment.

"To me, that is disrespecting guys he played with," Brown told the Inquirer on Wednesday night. "How can you say guys like Brian Dawkins or Jon Runyan aren't leaders? It's a comment that doesn't speak fairly to guys we have in the locker room, and I think that is just radio talk.

"I don't care what Hugh says," Brown continued to the paper. "Quite frankly, the guys I am playing with I trust, and I trust the leaders we have. I am around them every day, and Hugh isn't around them every day."

Mcnabb sucks !!!!!!!!!

That negro sound retarded. Mcnabb is not a leader and he is a company man to the fullest. He and Aaron brooks stink. Mcnabb got his money but he wants other teamates to not worry about thier money :retard: :retard: . I do not agree with everythign irvin says but favre or any qb who has heart and will do anything to help his team win. Irvin should have said Mike vick or steve mcnair, some folks who go balls out to make every play especially vick. Mcnabb sucks!!!!!

I BET DOUG WILLIAMS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TIRED IN THE SUPER BOWL!!

I BET MCNAIR WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TIRED EITHER !!!!

I am still mad at mcnabb punk azz for staring up into the stand when his team needs him the most. I hope non of that punk shat rubs off on bruce at all.

QB is responsible for the offense and sometimes may have to put the offense on his back and will his team to victory.

Mcnabb fails to understand this concept !!!!!

Mcnabb and Brooks are digraces !!!!! Mcnabb still talking about other folks money :lmao: :lmao: The timing of this shat is retarded also!!!!!!!

Now..STC..

funny you mentioned Doug when you talked about QBs and money...

um, the main reason Doug defected from Tampa Bay(who was winning at the time) to the USFL was about.....money...and when the USFL folded..he went back to the NFL...

I honestly don't see why we on here get mad at pro athletes saying dumb arse isht or isht that's a little controversial. I mean, they're not aeronautical engineers working for NASA. They're professional athletes. They don't get paid to think, they get paid to play.

To me, athletes are just like entertainers?their opinions on everything else except for their craft is useless. Besides, it's not like most of either group say or do something constructive....

The few of them that are actually intelligent say the least. But then again, that might be the reason they don't get the bigger endorsements. Strange paradox, to say the least.

Hell you got Joey Porter running off at the mouth at a ridiculous rate. I guess getting shot will give you a new lease on liefe and give you cart blanche to smack-talk a fly-by-nite TE for the Seahawks or whine about a game you won (Indy).

When that LBer and some of the HARDER players came out and said,"we want TO back on the team," thats really all that needed to be said. They knew that McNabb wasnt the player to follow. Im sure those guys are tired of that punk letting them down in crucial situations. How many interceptions is this guy going to throw in CRUCIAL situations before the media starts to turn on him?

The media has really been nice to him so far. But it wont be long before the honey moon is over. Like Rush said, "HE THEY ONE." Everybody that has gone against him so far, has been fired. But let him lose games next year, like he did in 2005 alone(not to mention how he lost the SB), and the media will start calling him a dumb black QB "in so many words."

You know the code words:
"bring along slowly"
"not reading defenses"
"not picking up the offense"

But I digress.

Back