Magic City Classic tailgate spots sell out in 2 hours

Wow! I am so amazed at how the classic has grown! It is on another level from when I first came to it in 88. You know next year is the 75th and I bet its gonna be off the chain!

I wonder how many of those people bought tickets to the game???

Who knows or cares - if the weather is good we should have 50 to 60 plus in the stands.

I dont know if you have been to a FBS game / tailgate, but there are LOTS of people that tailgate and dont buy tickets to the game.

it's absolutely nerve wrecking trying to find hotel rooms for that weekend unless you want to stay at $250 a night hotel or stay miles outside of Birmingham ..RVs have become popular more and more every year....

to attend this classic you have to plan months ahead ..if you want to have a good time

Reactions: J C
Who knows or cares - if the weather is good we should have 50 to 60 plus in the stands.

I dont know if you have been to a FBS game / tailgate, but there are LOTS of people that tailgate and dont buy tickets to the game.

Oh yes. I have been to FBS games and I had suspected that LOTS of people tailgate and don't buy tickets to the game. I was thinking that that would hurt the bottom line, because it has to be expensive to put on the MCC or even a game on campus. But, JC said in post #9, the price of the ticket is included in the purchase of a tailgate spot, then that answered my question. I was home visiting my folks in Alabama a few years ago, and I was invited to go to the MCC. There were thousands upon thousands of people tailgating, but the stadium, even at halftime, was maybe 60% full.

Oh yes. I have been to FBS games and I had suspected that LOTS of people tailgate and don't buy tickets to the game. I was thinking that that would hurt the bottom line, because it has to be expensive to put on the MCC or even a game on campus. But, JC said in post #9, the price of the ticket is included in the purchase of a tailgate spot, then that answered my question. I was home visiting my folks in Alabama a few years ago, and I was invited to go to the MCC. There were thousands upon thousands of people tailgating, but the stadium, even at halftime, was maybe 60% full.

When you there? The games usually run 70 to 80 plus percent capacity. The Stadium holds around 80,000 and attendance is 60,000 plus unless the weather is bad, then in the 50 thousand range.

You should go - its a fun event.

This game should be on National Tv.
ESPN3 - Live
tv.gif
- ESPNU (delayed)

It has been a few times.
Live broadcast. Not counting ESPN3. ESPN was interested in picking this up on one of their premier channels a few years ago. The game has certainly reached a point that warrants it. I'd love to see the MCC live on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ABC, Fox Sports, or even CBS Sports Network.

Live broadcast. Not counting ESPN3. ESPN was interested in picking this up on one of their premier channels a few years ago. The game has certainly reached a point that warrants it. I'd love to see the MCC live on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ABC, Fox Sports, or even CBS Sports Network.

I just hope they would not try and manipulate the start time or events themselves. Such as the checks at halftime, or the small break between the end of the parade and the start of the game. Plus that money has to be right for the SCHOOLS, too

I heard plenty of undercover officers will be around the stadium to control those young folks in case they want to act stupid.

I just hope they would not try and manipulate the start time or events themselves. Such as the checks at halftime, or the small break between the end of the parade and the start of the game. Plus that money has to be right for the SCHOOLS, too

I agree. If I'm not mistaking years ago, the parade changed just for the adjustment time of the game from 8am-9am. Everything need to stay "as-is" so we can keep having fun the way the MCC does.......

Wow! I am so amazed at how the classic has grown! It is on another level from when I first came to it in 88. You know next year is the 75th and I bet its gonna be off the chain!

Yep, people are already trying to find those hotel discounts for 2016.

I agree. If I'm not mistaking years ago, the parade changed just for the adjustment time of the game from 8am-9am. Everything need to stay "as-is" so we can keep having fun the way the MCC does.......

I like the current system... I have gone to the parade then went to the tailgate then go into the stadium to see my band march in... great timing set up

I like the current system... I have gone to the parade then went to the tailgate then go into the stadium to see my band march in... great timing set up

I do the same thing as well. Pappadeaux is expected to have large crowds after the game, so I'm thinking about going there Friday evening, incidentally it will also be crowded on Fri. like every Fri.-Sat. lol ---------The Ambassador is suppose to be announced this Thursday.

Back