Lawrence Phillips charged with murder of cellmate

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
For those that are hard on Trent Richardson about wasting talent let's not forget about this guy...

Maybe he or his cell mate chose the hard way.

maxresdefault.jpg

I read up on his situation a little bit, this is all bad.
If he committed this act it could very well have been in self defense.
He is in a prison full of active gang members where you join or else.
He as written many letters asking for reassignment and been sent to solitary to try and keep distance between him and the gang members.
The victim is a confirmed long time gang member.

He as written many letters asking for reassignment and been sent to solitary to try and keep distance between him and the gang members.

This part I can believe. When stuff goes down, you either are down with them or they will turn on you

I can believe this. In some prisons, not all, you are forced in a life that you don't want to be in. The issue is if he was at a work release unit, medical unit, he would not be facing this problem. It has also been proven that guys who served time at these types of units have under a 5% recidivism rate. This is one reason why certain prisons have certain inmates.

There is no reason for a non-violent offender to be at a Maximum Security prison.

There is no reason for a non-violent offender to be at a Maximum Security prison.

That is one of the BIG problems with private prisons especially the one I worked at. They just want the bodies in the beds (as long as they are healthy and don't have mental problems)

You shouldn't have a Level 1 with under 5 years on their sentence in a unit with several Level 4 serving life sentences. You are asking for trouble.

That is one of the BIG problems with private prisons especially the one I worked at. They just want the bodies in the beds (as long as they are healthy and don't have mental problems)

You shouldn't have a Level 1 with under 5 years on their sentence in a unit with several Level 4 serving life sentences. You are asking for trouble.

Exactly. When you have guys who basically have no chance on getting out...they are going for broke!!! Basically anything goes. It's their home.

Back