Lanier Point guard Ellis will declare for NBA draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
JSU/99 said:
If he dislikes Stansbury he has a funny way of showing it. Cause he sends all of his best players to M$U.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he likes the MSU boosters who line his pocket. He better be careful. After awhile the NCAA will come a knocking. Aint like they got love for MSU anyway.

JR said:
Jesse Pate was really never that good. Arkansas was also in decline. Richardson was grasping at straws.

I have to disagree with you on this one bruh. The year before Pate came, Arkansas was in the Championship game with UCLA, hardly a decline. Pate came in with a host of talent, the NCAA simply found a way to do Coach Richardson in because he was beginning to put in on the ELITE white coaches in the NCAA.

Arkansas had a very good squad up until Pate and Sunday Adebayo was declared ineligible. Those two with Arkansas' Derek Hood, Kareem Reid and Darnell Robinson could have made some noise.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR said:
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he likes the MSU boosters who line his pocket. He better be careful. After awhile the NCAA will come a knocking. Aint like they got love for MSU anyway.

Then the NCAA better start knocking on that OLE MISS/JACKSON PROVINE basketball pipeline. Their coaches do the same thing. :nod:

Da_Sperm said:
I have to disagree with you on this one bruh. The year before Pate came, Arkansas was in the Championship game with UCLA, hardly a decline. Pate came in with a host of talent, the NCAA simply found a way to do Coach Richardson in because he was beginning to put in on the ELITE white coaches in the NCAA.

Arkansas had a very good squad up until Pate and Sunday Adebayo was declared ineligible. Those two with Arkansas' Derek Hood, Kareem Reid and Darnell Robinson could have made some noise.

Frat you are correct, I do remember the ineligible stuff now. Pate still was not as good as this Ellis kid is though. I almost forgot about Kareem Reid. That kid had some game.

staggalee83 said:
Then the NCAA better start knocking on that OLE MISS/JACKSON PROVINE basketball pipeline. Their coaches do the same thing. :nod:
At least Ole Miss hired Provine's popular head coach. Them kids coulda gone to JSU if would hired Brent, instead of giving Stoglin another year. With M$U and Billups, they don't want him coaching up there. They are just getting the players, and I'm sure Billups is getting something in return. And to think the guy is a JSU grad.

I guess we coulda hired Brent instead of Anderson, and we'd have signed Monta and Rhodes.

Robber said:
At least Ole Miss hired Provine's popular head coach. Them kids coulda gone to JSU if would hired Brent, instead of giving Stoglin another year. With M$U and Billups, they don't want him coaching up there. They are just getting the players, and I'm sure Billups is getting something in return. And to think the guy is a JSU grad.

I guess we coulda hired Brent instead of Anderson, and we'd have signed Monta and Rhodes.

You shole is right Robber. I would rather see those kids at JSU, Alcorn or Valley. Billups is probably selling those kids off to MSU.

JR said:
Billups is probably selling those kids off to MSU.

:nod: Aint no probably in it! :shame: The truth will come out sooner or later, but I don't think Billups will be affected by it too much. He's already hinted that he may retire this year----and how ironic that it's the same year Monta graduates and declares for the league. :rolleyes:

coldsweat said:
:nod: Aint no probably in it! :shame: The truth will come out sooner or later, but I don't think Billups will be affected by it too much. He's already hinted that he may retire this year----and how ironic that it's the same year Monta graduates and declares for the league. :rolleyes:

I doubt he'll retire. I heard that 6'8 phenom from Peeples Middle School is supposed to go to Lanier next year.

JR said:

Actually, his dislike for Stansbury has alot to do with his son T.J., he actually tries to get JSU in the fold for his players but MSU has a way of eliminating that thought out of their minds if you know what I mean. As long as he can get any one of his players into anybody's school than he's happy, but honestly ask him for yourselves lol :swink: I'm very positive he'll probably say I can't stand that bastard, lol

SuaveTiger said:
Actually, his dislike for Stansbury has alot to do with his son T.J., he actually tries to get JSU in the fold for his players but MSU has a way of eliminating that thought out of their minds if you know what I mean. As long as he can get any one of his players into anybody's school than he's happy, but honestly ask him for yourselves lol :swink: I'm very positive he'll probably say I can't stand that bastard, lol

Like I said, he may say one thing but he does the opposite. Almost all of his better players end up at M$U. None end up at JSU. With the influence he has on his players its hard for me to believe that he's pushing his players to JSu w/o any success.

JSU/99 said:
Like I said, he may say one thing but he does the opposite. Almost all of his better players end up at M$U. None end up at JSU. With the influence he has on his players its hard for me to believe that he's pushing his players to JSu w/o any success.

No he hasn't, he's only sent TWO players to state the THIRD might be monta, oh NO he's not saying one thing and doing another, Read my last post man, He does try to get these kids to JSU but MSU has a really good way of buying SUV's and giving these kids jobs etc, etc. Mind you I'm NOT on the outside looking in & trying to give an opinion. I'm not telling you what I've heard, I'm telling you what I know firsthand.

SuaveTiger said:
No he hasn't, he's only sent TWO players to state the THIRD might be monta, oh NO he's not saying one thing and doing another, Read my last post man, He does try to get these kids to JSU but MSU has a really good way of buying SUV's and giving these kids jobs etc, etc. Mind you I'm NOT on the outside looking in & trying to give an opinion. I'm not telling you what I've heard, I'm telling you what I know firsthand.

If this is firsthand knowledge then I'll take your word. Maybe i've been misreading Billups all this time.

JSU/99 said:
If this is firsthand knowledge then I'll take your word. Maybe i've been misreading Billups all this time.
You ain't the only one. If he keeps coaching, he'll recruit, errrr I mean, a stud will just so happen to "transfer" to Lanier's district. We'll see where the next one signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back