Labor Day Classic / Bayou Classic Dates Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
MACHIAVELLI said:
So what!! if I am not from New Orleans, you can keep that schit man. What does that have to do with anything? Unfortunately I read your entire post. Still doesn't change anything. Just because Houston was the first to help, doesn't mean they were the only ones to help. If the same thing happened in Houston, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, San Antionio and the others cities would have done the same thing...that is America. Use some common sense..oh well I digress.

Use common sense????? Dude you should really take your own advice. You took one paragraph from my post, and ran with it, without noticing I said my preference would be to have the game kept in Louisiana, and with your bland saracasm (maybe it wasn't) you decided, that I wanted the game to be played in Houston, or any other place that helped evacuee's. Which clearly wasn't the case.

Again, and hopefully you can understand me, and if you can't, keep digressing. I WOULD LIKE THE GAME TO STAY IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA, BUT IN THE EVENT IT HAS TO BE PLAYED IN HOUSTON, I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Use common sense????? Dude you should really take your own advice. You took one paragraph from my post, and ran with it, without noticing I said my preference would be to have the game kept in Louisiana, and with your bland saracasm (maybe it wasn't) you decided, that I wanted the game to be played in Houston, or any other place that helped evacuee's. Which clearly wasn't the case.

Again, and hopefully you can understand me, and if you can't, keep digressing. I WOULD LIKE THE GAME TO STAY IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA, BUT IN THE EVENT IT HAS TO BE PLAYED IN HOUSTON, I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT.

NICE

Please show me where I said that you wanted the game to be played in Houston Dude let it go. You gave that as a reason to be played. I merely responded to that portion.

Dude, you posted my paragraph, and then went on to say some stupid schit like, play it in AZ, UT, and the like, because they helped as well.

Yes, I said it would be a nice thank you for the help that Houston has given, but that's not the only reason. Without having to spell it out, I felt I didn't need to say it was a nice alternative, and another option to play the game in a top notch facililty, seeing that Houston has tried to get the game in the past.

Truthfully, if the game isn't played in Shreveport (which I hope it is), I would much rather it be played in Houston than BR at Tiger Stadium. LSU is already being spread too thin, and I know they don't want the game played there. They're being asked to have the Saints (whom they don't want either), the Sugerbowl, and possibly the New Orleans Bowl if they don't decide to cancel it all together if Tad Gomerly isn't ready to be used.

So it's whatever man, this is some woman schit, and I'm tired of bickering over something as mindless as this.

NICE

C-LeB28 said:
As far as a Friday 1:00PM kick off, I don't know about most of you but I will be off on a nice four day weekend that week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday). So what is the issue with those who are not receptive of a Friday date? Also, that is the busiest shopping day of the year so I don't think too many people are going to work that day to begin with.

you and just about all of your fans are probably already in houston. I just think the 1pm start on a friday further complicates travel for those that are coming from out of town....especially on a holiday weekend. Is there some sort of official announcement that will be made soon? It'll be in the best interest of all parties involved to get the word out ASAP so that people can plan accordingly. In my opinion, even the walk-up attendance probably wont be as great as it could be if it was a night game. Nevertheless, I'll be there.

D-NICE said:
Dude, you posted my paragraph, and then went on to say some stupid schit like, play it in AZ, UT, and the like, because they helped as well.

Yes, I said it would be a nice thank you for the help that Houston has given, but that's not the only reason. Without having to spell it out, I felt I didn't need to say it was a nice alternative, and another option to play the game in a top notch facililty, seeing that Houston has tried to get the game in the past.

Truthfully, if the game isn't played in Shreveport (which I hope it is), I would much rather it be played in Houston than BR at Tiger Stadium. LSU is already being spread too thin, and I know they don't want the game played there. They're being asked to have the Saints (whom they don't want either), the Sugerbowl, and possibly the New Orleans Bowl if they don't decide to cancel it all together if Tad Gomerly isn't ready to be used.

So it's whatever man, this is some woman schit, and I'm tired of bickering over something as mindless as this.

NICE

About the only thing you said that made sense.

Storm96 said:
Is there some sort of official announcement that will be made soon? It'll be in the best interest of all parties involved to get the word out ASAP so that people can plan accordingly.

It was announced on the news yesterday.

Well, I am saddened because IF the game does happen to end up in Houston, I will not be able to attend, I am not assured to be able to get off work. That was the fun in keeping it close. Even if I worked Friday day, I could still hop in the car and ride down to New Orleans and make it to the Stepshow and BOTB...but that is neither here nor there...

Personally, I feel the SMART thing to do, barring LSU did not try to give us (SU/GSU) the MAJOR wood (stadium upkeep before and after game, a large payout, etc), that the game should be at Death Valley, reopen the campus Friday, instead of being closed the entire weekend, which would free up several hundred hotel rooms. And being that many people are from Baton Rouge, have friends and family here, that would also free up alot of rooms for true out-of-towners.

But, I know this is very wishful thinking. I just want them to decide what's going on so I can take some time off. At this point, I just want the game to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back