LA Rep. Joe Harrison Authors Bill Proposing Elimination of Southern University System

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Louisiana Republican Joe Harrison last week filed House Bill 927, calling for the seizure of Southern University, Southern University at New Orleans, and Southern University at Shreveport from the Southern University System for placement under the University of Louisiana System.

The plan also calls for the removal of Louisiana Tech University, the University of Louisiana of Lafayette, and the University of New Orleans to be placed under the LSU System.

“It proposes the elimination of the only HBCU system in America,â€￾ says Southern University System President Ronald Mason Jr. “And it would be America’s loss.â€￾

It is the second legislative push in as many years to dismantle the Southern University System. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal authored legislation in early 2011 proposing the merger of SUNO with the nearby University of New Orleans. That bill was pulled in May due to mounting local and national advocacy against the measure.

HBCU Digest

Re: LA Rep. Joe Harrison Authors Bill Proposing Elimination of Southern University Sy

These crackers ain't gone stop. They know their days are numbered.

Re: LA Rep. Joe Harrison Authors Bill Proposing Elimination of Southern University Sy

These Republican leaders in Louisiana are not fond of any form of education for black people. Jindal placed GSU under a $900k loss and then La. Tech at a $1.6 mil dollar budget restraint. Yet, La. Tech just broke ground on a $3 mil building and completed at least 4 buildings worth well in to $20 mil...but GSU can't get a new library funded....then the dumb students vote to buy new band uniforms and not a library.....

These Republican leaders in Louisiana are not fond of any form of education for black people. Jindal placed GSU under a $900k loss and then La. Tech at a $1.6 mil dollar budget restraint. Yet, La. Tech just broke ground on a $3 mil building and completed at least 4 buildings worth well in to $20 mil...but GSU can't get a new library funded....then the dumb students vote to buy new band uniforms and not a library.....

Now you know the band has to dress sharp for the Bayou Classic.

nola-dcf39a46c39d7199_large.jpg

The state is also building plenty of new buildings at LSU, but SU has to beg the state for 2 million to tear down some old abandon dorms.

That's even worst :smh: if they did.

The last time the band visited Japan they purchased them for Grambling to perform at a state dinner. So to many that's an honor. At least we didn't walk away with TVs and shit...but that is another subject. :smh:

The state is also building plenty of new buildings at LSU, but SU has to beg the state for 2 million to tear down some old abandon dorms.

Honestly....SU and GSU should develop their own system...but hell selfish *****es would argue over the name. :smh:

Honestly....SU and GSU should develop their own system...but hell selfish *****es would argue over the name. :smh:

Even though I was just joking in Doug thread about Grambling becoming a part of Southern University System, I see that a few Grambling grads might feel like that wouldn't be a bad ideal. Grambling was built by a Southern grad (Dr. RWE Jones). Maybe the two universities could come together and kickout some of these political dead heads that have taken over Southern and Grambling. Now that I think about it, UCLA and UC Berkeley are in the same system, so it can be done.

Even though I was just joking in Doug thread about Grambling becoming a part of Southern University System, I see that a few Grambling grads might feel like that wouldn't be a bad ideal. Grambling was built by a Southern grad (Dr. RWE Jones). Maybe the two universities could come together and kickout some of these political dead heads that have taken over Southern and Grambling. Now that I think about it, UCLA and UC Berkeley are in the same system, so it can be done.

Yea Prez. was a SU grad and excellent Deacon at my church. I also believe this would enable each university to be focus driven decreasing the Academic Competition. See the entire outlook is the one school is superior to the other and that's not the case. The real sad part is you will on some idiot stating that GSU did not win the classic because a recruit wanted to attend SU for this degree...and vice versa....

Yea Prez. was a SU grad and excellent Deacon at my church. I also believe this would enable each university to be focus driven decreasing the Academic Competition. See the entire outlook is the one school is superior to the other and that's not the case. The real sad part is you will on some idiot stating that GSU did not win the classic because a recruit wanted to attend SU for this degree...and vice versa....

Like I said, it can be done. UCLA and UC Berkeley have no problem with it and they both stay competitive in sports.

Tony Clayton ain't gone let that happen. Clayton has a reputation up here in DC.

Wow.....What is the Representatives rationale for this? I know he doesn't need one, but what does it say in the actual bill? Didn't they just move UNO from the LSU system recently? Why does he want them to go back? Louisiana politics are something else..

Wow.....What is the Representatives rationale for this? I know he doesn't need one, but what does it say in the actual bill? Didn't they just move UNO from the LSU system recently? Why does he want them to go back? Louisiana politics are something else..

He gives no rationale at all in the bill.

Like I said, it can be done. UCLA and UC Berkeley have no problem with it and they both stay competitive in sports.

Remember the type people you are dealing with....

But honestly... The way the SU Board of Supervisors are running this system.... What harm could be done that has not already been done..??? The BOS oversight is subpar..... However, Let's keep the (SU) system to ourselves... and Run it into the ground... Instead of allowing... "Them" to run it into the ground.... Maybe thats the logic... because I do not see good with these BOS members...... Politics within Politics...

:smh:

Back