JSU WR Chris Jones

JR

has signed with my Vikings as a undrafted Free Agent. I wish him luck. I always thought he was a good player but the Bell offense wasn't suited to showcasing his talent. Maybe he can unseat our weed head Ga Tech boy Kelly Campbell for the 5 WR spot. It will be hard on Jones to make the squad due to the fact we have Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Troy Williamson, and Kelly Campbell. I do like his potential.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_UndraftedFAs42405.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Chris is a solid WR. He runs good routes and he blocks really well. His hands are suspect and various injuries kinda cut down his speed a little. If he can get totally healthy and work on his hands, he might stick in the league.

HBCUs said:
Scott Morris got into somebody's camp??? Okay, I'll leave that alone.

Scott Morris is a versatile player. The NFL is always looking for versatility. In my opinion JSU did not know how to use that kid. Well we all know who coached him so enough said.

JR said:
Scott Morris is a versatile player. The NFL is always looking for versatility. In my opinion JSU did not know how to use that kid. Well we all know who coached him so enough said.

If you mean versatile in that he was suited for no true position, I agree. Morris was always in no man's land: He was too big/slow for receiver and too "finesse" (hey, I'm a really nice guy :D ) for tight end. Neither was he suited for the backfield. His hands were 'iffy' to top it off.

Let just hope he's one 'L of an open-field tackler.

Don't get me wrong; I'm extremely happy for this kid. I'm happy in the way those women felt at Jesus' grave-site when they rolled back the stone.

Scott should have been a linebacker because he was not a good receiver or RB. I am very shocked by this.

JR said:

Actually Bell only had him for 2 of the 5 years he was there. And at least he got some PT under Bell. He never got off the bench before then.

Back