JSU President Meyers Appointed to National Board

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/jsu-president-meyers-appointed-to-national-board/

carolynmeyers-head-shoulders1.jpg

(JACKSON, Miss.) – The American Council on Education, which serves as the country’s unifying voice for higher education, appointed Jackson State University President Carolyn W. Meyers to its Board of Directors.

“I was delighted to learn that President Carolyn W. Meyers has accepted the invitation to join the ACE’s Board of Directors,” said ACE President Molly Corbett Broad. “President Meyers, who will serve a three-year term representing the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, is an exceptional leader with an outstanding record of experience in American higher education.”

Founded in 1918, ACE is the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions, representing more than 1,600 college and university presidents, and more than 200 related associations, nationwide. It provides leadership on key higher education issues and influences public policy through advocacy.

“I am deeply honored to be asked to join the leadership of ACE,” Meyers said. “I look forward working with the American Council on Education as it continues to provide leadership to the higher education community.”

Meyers became president of Jackson State University in January 2011. She has more than 30 years of academic and leadership experience in higher education, serving most recently as President of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va., and Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.

Back