John Curtis could be forced to forfeit football wins from 2013, 2014 and 2015 seasons

The coach is correct this has been going on for years. Grambling High had two basketball players from Venezuala(sp) and this issue came up with Bastrop High School after hurricane Katrina. Evangel High in Shreveport has done it also.

Hey John Curtis...
giphy.gif

leave the city kids alone...if he had no talent you would not deal with him
He began living with Godfrey at the start of his sophomore year.

Allen talked about the transportation issues he faced during his eighth- and ninth-grade years at Curtis in an article in January published by The New Orleans Advocate.

Allen said in January that he walked “about a mile” from his Uptown home to catch a trolley, then rode the trolley to catch a public transit bus to get to school.

He said he was often late for school.

Godfrey, Curtis’ offensive line coach, offered Allen a place to live.

“It just felt like the right thing to do,” Godfrey said in the January article. “He was doing whatever it took to get to school, and it shows his level of commitment. He would have done it for four years.”

The coach is correct this has been going on for years. Grambling High had two basketball players from Venezuala(sp) and this issue came up with Bastrop High School after hurricane Katrina. Evangel High in Shreveport has done it also.
Right.......it has been going on for years, and its wrong every time!!! LOL. And people wonder why there is so much of a rift inside the LHSAA............

Right.......it has been going on for years, and its wrong every time!!! LOL. And people wonder why there is so much of a rift inside the LHSAA............

When Katrina happened I don't think it was wrong. Knowing some of those coaches personally they were truly looking out for the best interest of the kids.

I'm a person who does not believe in private schools or charter schools. I am strong believer that our government (federal and state) should fix the public school system. Yet, that is in a utopia. Many of these private schools were designed so that well to do white kids would not go to school with blacks. Though this has nothing to do with sports, in a way it does because many of the private school would not be successful without the black athlete.

When Katrina happened I don't think it was wrong. Knowing some of those coaches personally they were truly looking out for the best interest of the kids.

I'm a person who does not believe in private schools or charter schools. I am strong believer that our government (federal and state) should fix the public school system. Yet, that is in a utopia. Many of these private schools were designed so that well to do white kids would not go to school with blacks. Though this has nothing to do with sports, in a way it does because many of the private school would not be successful without the black athlete.
When Katrina happened, we were given free reign as it pertained to transfers. Meaning, if a kid showed up at your school, he was yours. No questions asked......immediately eligible (and we actually have the same situation going on now with the South Louisiana flooding). The problem they had with the Bastrop situation was coaches actually driving 4-5 hours down to South Plaquemine and getting those players to come up there. We were actually told this year by the LHSAA that we can have free transfers from the affected flood areas, but they just don't want another "Bastrop" situation.

When Katrina happened, we were given free reign as it pertained to transfers. Meaning, if a kid showed up at your school, he was yours. No questions asked......immediately eligible (and we actually have the same situation going on now with the South Louisiana flooding). The problem they had with the Bastrop situation was coaches actually driving 4-5 hours down to South Plaquemine and getting those players to come up there. We were actually told this year by the LHSAA that we can have free transfers from the affected flood areas, but they just don't want another "Bastrop" situation.

One of the coaches from that area moved to Bastrop. He and I grew up together. So it was not a matter of them "driving" per se. I also feel that there was some underlying "problems" between certain coaches and Bastrop coaches.

This seems like a non issue to me and John Curtis never tried to hide that this kids was staying with the Coaches family. I actually saw a documentary about this player and his living situation last year on a cable channel here in Houston.

One thing about Curtis is that they look out for their own. I know a female Coach that was hired by JC, and JT Curtis and his entire Coaching Staff personally moved her and her family into their home.

The School that played Cedar Hill last week has a player from LA who lives with the QB's family.

One of the coaches from that area moved to Bastrop. He and I grew up together. So it was not a matter of them "driving" per se. I also feel that there was some underlying "problems" between certain coaches and Bastrop coaches.
Trust me, I felt there was more to the story than what we were given. That was just the version of the story the LHSAA told the other coaches to warn them of the penalties.

again, treat them like they are not athletes and see would folks let them in their house

Bruh, you already know the answer to this!!! LOL Just like these daddies allowing lil Becky to date the star black athlete.... All about those potential $$$

Back