Jimmy Smith Announces Retirement from NFL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He was something that Bamma's are not used to seeing..................A top NFL player and future HOF'er.:bump:

MightyDog said:
Who is Jimmy Smith? Was he an official?

LOL. MD is wild.

Anyway, I sure hate that he is retiring. I think he has one more year left in him. Congrats to my fellow Callaway High alum for a job well done in the NFL.

DonTiger said:
Well I don't know about that but....

Great career for Jimmy.

He has more receiving yards than any receiver in the HOF currently and he's ranked #7 all-time in receptions.

Are you sure now?

BIGCAT3000 said:
He has more receiving yards than any receiver in the HOF currently and he's ranked #7 all-time in receptions.

Are you sure now?

Ooops!

I think he's sure now :lol:

Jimmy Smith will be in the Hall of Fame. And imagine if he didn't have the physical problems early in his career. I'm glad he's calling it quits now. It's just the right time. Great career.

BIGCAT3000 said:

Are you sure now?
Thank you.......................I was just going to let his numbers and NFL ranking do the talking.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
CurtDog 1971 said:
I hope he didn't fail another drug test.
1 mis-hap in his carear...................It's safe to say he learn his lesson.
Doubt he will do something that dumb again.

Just like Robert Parish.................near the end of his carear, he slipped...................4 ounces of prime San Francisco gold and a 22 year old to share it...................Until the police knocked on his door.

What team did Jimmy Smith play for? I went to the NFL Stats and could not find anything about a Jimmy Smith.

MD hush!!! :lol:

I was hoping he would play another season as well. I was just thinking about this the other day about him playing and upping his stats to make a good argument for HOF. Oh well, top 11 receiver should get him in. :fingers crossed:

I wonder what he gonna do with that big ole boat????

Well Cortez, the torched has been passed to you now......ooopppps I forgot about Donald.

Bengal E said:
Well Cortez, the torched has been passed to you now......ooopppps I forgot about Donald.

Cortez has got to be given a fair opportunity this year with the Jaguars!

Mr. Tiger said:
Jimmy Smith will be in the Hall of Fame. And imagine if he didn't have the physical problems early in his career. I'm glad he's calling it quits now. It's just the right time. Great career.
Great career; Yes. HOF; I don't think so. He has the stats to make it but was there ever a time in his career that you can honestly say that he was one of the top 3 wr's in the game. The drug thing and the fact that he played in J'ville will cost him votes.

All-Time Leading Receivers

(Through 2005)
<TABLE class=sgmltable border=1><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=right>Rank</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=left>Player</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Number of
receptions
</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=left>Player</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=right>Receiving Yards</TH></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>1.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Jerry Rice </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1,549</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Jerry Rice</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>22,895</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>2.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Cris Carter </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1,101</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Tim Brown</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>14,934</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>3.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Tim Brown</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1,094</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>James Lofton</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>14,004</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>4.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Andre Reed </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>951</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Cris Carter</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>13,899</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>5.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Art Monk </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>940</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Henry Ellard</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>13,777</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>6.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Marvin Harrison</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>927</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Andre Reed</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>13,198</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>7.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Jimmy Smith</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>862</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Steve Largent</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>13,089</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>8.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Irving Fryar </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>851</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Irving Fryar</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>12,785</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>9.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Larry Centers</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>826</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Art Monk</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>12,721</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>10.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Keenan McCardell</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>825</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Marvin Harrison</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>12,331</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Bold Print = Active Players

How many of these WRs are in the HOF?

Congrats on a great career, I hope he enjoy's retirement and I hope he does get in the HOF, I want more and more people from the SWAC in the HOF

Back