Jackson State vs. Southern Univ

S

sportscaster

Hey, word has it that the game has been moved from Baton Rouge to New Orleans again. Does anyone from either school know for sure?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
sportscaster said:
Hey, word has it that the game has been moved from Baton Rouge to New Orleans again. Does anyone from either school know for sure?

I heard the same rumor. I heard Tulane moved it's game with Southeastern LA to Friday night (Oct. 14), leaving the Superdome open October 15. I doubt the game will be moved to New Orleans because Jackson State fans don't travel since Bell took over. I say play the game at Mumford.

JSU said:
I heard the same rumor. I heard Tulane moved it's game with Southeastern LA to Friday night (Oct. 14), leaving the Superdome open October 15. I doubt the game will be moved to New Orleans because Jackson State fans don't travel since Bell took over. I say play the game at Mumford.
I agree that we should bring this game back to A.W. Mumford. I miss the days when this game was on the yard. I got this from a source close to someone on the S.U. Quarterback Club Commitee

sportscaster said:
I agree that we should bring this game back to A.W. Mumford. I miss the days when this game was on the yard. I got this from a source close to someone on the S.U. Quarterback Club Commitee

Bad move to take it to the Dome.

Tigerpride said:
I really don't care where it's played. JSU is gonna be kicking azz this year.
How much chlorine have you been swallowing? :lol: It doesn't make any sense to move the game to the dome.:shame: that's fugged up. :nod:

cat daddy said:
Bad move to take it to the Dome.

you ain't lying. I went to the SU vs. JSU game in the Dome in 2002 when I was living down there. I didnt get the "hype" at all. Maybe home and home is the best way to go.

I'm sure the 'big-wigs' at Southern aren't seriously considering movingthe game back to New Orleans. Why move it? They just completed some major work on Mumford stadium, right? And SU playing in Mumford definitely qualifies as a 'home-field advantage'. Why give that up?

:smh:

Taylor-Made'90 said:
I'm sure the 'big-wigs' at Southern aren't seriously considering movingthe game back to New Orleans. Why move it? They just completed some major work on Mumford stadium, right? And SU playing in Mumford definitely qualifies as a 'home-field advantage'. Why give that up?

:smh:

The endzone project in Mumford has not started.

SU's Finest '93 said:
well, if it is moved to the dome, I won't be attending. :smh:
for real!!!! J-State want somebody to come to MS, they got to bring the ragedy scooby-doo arses to BR.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jag-BR said:
for real!!!! J-State want somebody to come to MS, they got to bring the ragedy scooby-doo arses to BR.

Contrary to your reading of Gee Arrah and TP's old smack... J-State didn't force SU to play them in the SUperdome after 1998...altough that dumb arse campus police that fired his gun in tha air that time certainly was embarrasing (I was an undergrad and just left the game when I heard the shot)

If it were like that...Bama St "forced" us to play in Montgomery last year when they played past contests in Mobile...or texas Southern "forced" us to play in Robertson/Astrodome....

...See, SU signed a contract to play an extra game in the dome 3 more times after the deal was made to play Toolame...we played J-State in 2000 and 2002... we still are obligated for one more game, if my understanding is correct

So..outside of Ramblin X...who's traditionally SU's biggest draw...J-State
The first year was of the "Big Easy Classic" with SU/JSU was big because they've never played there...and then the crowds dwindled in later years...But, the decline of J-State football is as big of a culprit in last years game than anything...

But, If the game is moved to the dome, I will probably not be in attendance (work obligations)...

COACH said:
It is. Home is where you want it to be.
J-State ain't got no wants :lmao:

2005-Baton Rouge
2006-Jackson MS
2007-Baton Rouge............and so on and so on :nod:

I hope they don't move it. That would be the dumbest decision in history. These lame ***** people in charge really bother me sometimes.

Jaguar05 said:
I hope they don't move it. That would be the dumbest decision in history. These lame ***** people in charge really bother me sometimes.
I hope they don't!!!!!!!!! :smh:

Journalist said:
...See, SU signed a contract to play an extra game in the dome 3 more times after the deal was made to play Toolame...we played J-State in 2000 and 2002... we still are obligated for one more game, if my understanding is correct

The JSU/SU was played in the Superdome 2000, 2002 and 2004, that's 3 times.

BLUEBENGAL said:
The JSU/SU was played in the Superdome 2000, 2002 and 2004, that's 3 times.

Right, Right! I sure hope this whole thing isn't true and is just a bogus rumor. This game in Mumford this day in age would definitely be THE game to attend. It must happen.

Back