I'm calling out Rambling and it's punk arse Coach Melvin Spears!!!!

Antroy

Spears to seek forfeit rule for Alcorn game

LORMAN - Grambling State head coach Melvin Spears said he'll pursue the forfeit rule in the Southwestern Athletic Conference concerning the postponement of the Alcorn State game.

Spears, an Alcorn grad, said during Monday's teleconference the Braves had every opportunity to play the game last week but declined. Alcorn president Dr. Clinton Bristow issued a statement Thursday saying the Braves would not play the game following Hurricane Katrina.

Alcorn athletic officials are seeking to play the game Dec. 3.

Spears, however, said his team's regular season will end Nov. 26 against Southern in the Bayou Classic.

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/articles/2005/09/06/sports/sports98.txt
----------------------------

Melvin Spears, this is by far the most cowardly, chicken isht decision that you have ever made!!! Your fat, sorry arse would rather try to pick up a cheap win rather than play the dayum game on December 3rd. I feel so sorry for people like you.
We didn't get power on campus until Thursday. Then, you were talking about GSU was offering to pay for Alcorn to come to your dayum campus to play the game. Where da heyell were they going to find gas and a hotel at?!?! People have been waiting in line for hours trying to get gas at several stations.
People like you, Coach Spears, never make it in this world. People are dying in your own dayum state by the thousands and all you can think about is going to the SWAC Office to try and get a cheap win. Are you afraid that our defense is going to hurt your fat, biscuit eating Brugene again?

Spears, you need to shut da heyell up!! Some things in life are bigger than football. Even the Grambling people on this board agreed that postponing the game was the right thing to do.

I hereby dub Melvin Spears, head football coach at Grambling State University, THE BLITHERING IDIOT!!!

I'm mixed about this. On one hand you can't blame Alcorn for cancelling. On the other hand we dealt with the same issues Alcorn did at JSU, and we were able to play. But postponing the game until Dec 3rd is the best option. i wouldn't consider a forfeiture.

Antroy said:

LORMAN - Grambling State head coach Melvin Spears said he'll pursue the forfeit rule in the Southwestern Athletic Conference concerning the postponement of the Alcorn State game.

Spears, an Alcorn grad, said during Monday's teleconference the Braves had every opportunity to play the game last week but declined. Alcorn president Dr. Clinton Bristow issued a statement Thursday saying the Braves would not play the game following Hurricane Katrina.

Spears, however, said his team's regular season will end Nov. 26 against Southern in the Bayou Classic.

Melvin Spears, this is by far the most cowardly, chicken isht decision that you have ever made!!! Your fat, sorry arse would rather try to pick up a cheap win rather than play the dayum game on December 3rd. I feel so sorry for people like you.
We didn't get power on campus until Thursday. Then, you were talking about GSU was offering to pay for Alcorn to come to your dayum campus to play the game. Where da heyell were they going to find gas and a hotel at?!?! People have been waiting in line for hours trying to get gas at several stations.
People like you, Coach Spears, never make it in this world. People are dying in your own dayum state by the thousands and all you can think about is going to the SWAC Office to try and get a cheap win. Are you afraid that our defense is going to hurt your fat, biscuit eating Brugene again?

Spears, you need to shut da heyell up!! Some things in life are bigger than football. Even the Grambling people on this board agreed that postponing the game was the right thing to do.

I hereby dub Melvin Spears, head football coach at Grambling State University, THE BLITHERING IDIOT!!!

I KNEW THIS SHAT WOULD HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!

DAYUM YOU LIGHTNINGBUG TO HATES !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In all serious. I can understand spears decision somewhat. All alcorn had to do was just cancel the game altogether instead of trying to reschedule the game in lorman. I can understand alcorn cause it was their home game but just cancel right off once you know the power is not working. I was about to buy a ticket for a sunday game in lorman @4pm. I would not go after the forfeit at all but i can understand it. Spears probably sees it as alcorn made every attempt to have the game in lorman but did not make any attempt to come to gram when the road was already paved for them . I did not even know gram was offering the gate and everything else but i understand alcorn wanting the home game but i just wish the alcorn officials would not have puzzyfooted around the decision once they knew they could not have the game in lorman. If the power was off and it was not on thursday just cancel the game but don't try to wheel and deal your way into a home game and you know the power is not working.

I STILL WOULD NOT GO AFTER ANY FORFEIT !!!!!!

I SAY BOTH SCHOOLS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ON THE FIELD AND LET THINGS WORK THEMSLEVES OUT.......................

IF I WERE COACH SPEARS I WOULD JUST ADRRESS IT AND FOCUS ON AAMU!!

LEAVE THE FORFEIT MESS ALONE AND TO THE MESSAGE BOARD GEEKS LIKE US :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DAYUM YOU LIGHTNINGBUG !!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D :D :D :D :fart: :fart:

THIS SHAT IS ALL YOUR FAULT !!!!!!!!!1 :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

YOU TEST TUBE BAAAAABBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :D :D :D :D :fart: :fart:

Of all people Coach Spears should understand re-scheduling a game. Remember, if was he who rescheduled the A&M game prior to "Katrina". This is not a wise decision coach. Let it go!

Even if we did try to move the game to Grambling, where was the team going to stay? Where would they get gas to fill the buses up? WHERE WOULD THEY EVEN FIND BUSES TO GET THE TEAM TO GRAMBLING? That's not even including getting the band and cheerleaders there, as well. Grambling doesn't have money like that.
It costs $20,000 alone for the band to go on trips.

1979 said:
Of all people Coach Spears should understand re-scheduling a game. Remember, if was he who rescheduled the A&M game prior to "Katrina".

No he didn't.

Antroy said:
Even if we did try to move the game to Grambling, where was the team going to stay? Where would they get gas to fill the buses up? WHERE WOULD THEY EVEN FIND BUSES TO GET THE TEAM TO GRAMBLING? That's not even including getting the band and cheerleaders there, as well. Grambling doesn't have money like that.

You had to have known all the hotels were filled with people right???? Trust me therE are hotels in ark that are not that far from gram. I do not blame alcron for wanting the home game i just wish alcorn would not have tried to wheel and deal their way into playing a game with no power. Just cancel the game on thursday and reschedule it point blank. Just cause one light coems does not mean the power will stay on. I still would not push for a forfeit but i can understand why. I would not push the issue if i were coach spears at all.

JUST LEAVE IT ALONE AND CONCENTRATE ON THE UPCOMING OPPONENT.

Antroy said:

Well it seems to me as if playing the game was all good to Alcorn until not having it in Lorman became a factor. Don't use Katrina to justify not playing a game where provisions were made. Pay your way, give you the gate, and a place to stay. If anybody is an idiot it is the Alcorn officials. I understand that there are far more important things than football, but we have far more NO student athletes than Alcorn. A lot of teams played this weekend including Northwestern and ULM, both schools from La., with a significant amount of South Louisiana players on the roster. Hell if I want to play and I'm confident in my men then I'm going to play anywhere, anytime. It is more idiotic to use Katrina as a cover up as opposed to a therapeutic outlet. In life there are going to be some things that we will have to go through where stopping isn't an option. There could have been a great lesson learned in this for the student-athletes, like being positive and presevering in tough times instead of running for cover (excuses). I have a great deal of compassion for the victims of Katrina, but hell should we cancell their season if the power isn't on by the next home game? "Footbal Teaches The Lesson Of Life" ----- Eddie G. Robinson

Antroy said:

Hold to your guns Coach, the regular season ends after the BC. Dec 3rd is not an option.

I understand both sides, but I think you guys are leaving out some things that could have made a difference in the game being played in either city.

That being getting there.

No one knew whether there was trees or electrical line down on the way to and from either campus. Mainly in Mississippi, Would you risk putting student athletes in a situation where they possibly could've been strained or harmed for a football game? What would you tell the parents of those players if a tree had fallen on their bus going to a game that could've been played at a later date? How do you explain that you were bussing some kids to a game through storm damaged areas and something happened to them?

I think Spears should drop it and work with the SWAC Office to figure out how this can be resolved. It's not like we are at the end of the season yet. We just got a week under our belt with 12 to 13 more to go. Who knows, neither school could be in contention at the end of the season and this wouldn't even matter if that comes to be fact. Just let it go......

:smh:

That's exactly what I'm saying, Mike. They know that there are some small roads between Alcorn and Vicksburg. There's no telling what could have been laying on those roads. They are over here talking about provisions were made for us to play the game at Grambling.
Off top, you would have to find buses to get Alcorn to Grambling. Just about every bus company was trying to get people out of New Orleans.
Number 2, you would have to find gas to fuel the buses. There has been a gas crunch, in case you Rambling people haven't noticed.
Number 3, for us to go to Grambling, we would have had to cross the bridge in Vicksburg. At that time, there was no telling what kind of damage, if any, was done to that bridge. I would think that Alcorn was looking out for you all when they made this decision. I would have been scared as heyell to cross that dayum bridge.

And even if all of that fell into place, where would the football team stay? Somebody mentioned Arkansas. You must be out your rabbit arsed mind!! Why would I stay in Arkansas for a game that's going to be played in Louisiana? It doesn't matter because I can guarantee that you would have run into problems with two of those three points I mentioned above.

Grambling's BLITHERING IDIOT is as yellow as the day is long!!! Have a nice cup of shut da heyell up and play the game later, you Blithering Idiot!!

You were the home team so we would have encountered those same problems. The problems was the power being out. It ain't like you goin to valley. You hit i20 and follow the signs. FOlks act like gram was the home team they did not have to travel downthere first. Alcorn did not have any power and they puzzyfooted their way into trying to keep the game in lorman at any means knowing they did not have any power. Once they knew thier stuff was not right they plain just slipped out the of coming to gram. I understand alcorn wanted the homefield advantage but if you know your power is not right jsut cancel it ahead of time and not try to slick your way into keeping the game in a powerless area.I was prepared to go downthere and come back anyway and so was our team im sure. I would not go after the forfeit but i can understand it. Alcorn should have just cancel the game right off and everyone would not be seeing it both ways . I KNOW I WOULD NOT SEE IT BOTH WAYS IF ALCORN WOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED THE GAME WAS CANCELED RIGHT OFF. The way alcorn handled the situation leaves alot of folks in the middle of the road with who is right and who is wrong.

IF ALCORN WOULD HAVE CANCELED IT RIGHT OFF. THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH I COULD SEE IT COACH SPEARS WAY.

Alcorn chose otherwise and i can understand the forfeit but i would not pursue it at all.

Antroy said:

Antroy
Stop with this where were we gonna stay. It was already stated that Alcorn expected Grambling to do a turn around trip when they scheduled the game on Sunday. Natchez has busses and gas, McComb has busses and gas. The game could have been played in Natchez. For the amount of people that were gonna show up that would have been more than enough space.

IF ALCORN (BRISTOW, RAINES, THOMAS) WERE SO CONCERNED ABOUT VICTIMS OF HURRICANE KATRINA WHY WERE THEY TRYING TO RE-SCHEDULE THE GAME.

Both sides are worng!

Spears shoud not request a forfeit. All things considered, it is has been one logistical nightmare for all schools affected in Lousisana and Mississppi, and I think this is one of those times where the schools need to really do what they can consider all options...including playing the game after the BC. Personally....I want us to play all 11 games.

Now for Alcorn...

What is the real reason you are postponing the game? First you say it was due to the power being out. So Grambling then says, OK let consider playing the game at Grambling and we will give you (Alcorn) the gate. Then you guys come back and say no because there are no places to stay. So now the option to play the game on Sunday in Alcorn comes up, but for whatever reason Alcorn says that isn't good enough because they are not sure if the power will be back on in time. And then finally Johnnie Thomas claims that his players never wanted to play the game in the first place and so they will not play at all. If this is the case, why would you spend all of this time trying to look at options if you know you are not going to play at all. If there are more important things than playing the game, why go through all of this.

And BTW - The power line examples don't fly in this case because it is likely that the roads would have been travel enough to the point that all of the downed lines would have been removed.

MACHIAVELLI said:
IF ALCORN (BRISTOW, RAINES, THOMAS) WERE SO CONCERNED ABOUT VICTIMS OF HURRICANE KATRINA WHY WERE THEY TRYING TO RE-SCHEDULE THE GAME.

Exactly!

G-Man75 said:
Well it seems to me as if playing the game was all good to Alcorn until not having it in Lorman became a factor. Don't use Katrina to justify not playing a game where provisions were made. Pay your way, give you the gate, and a place to stay. If anybody is an idiot it is the Alcorn officials. I understand that there are far more important things than football, but we have far more NO student athletes than Alcorn. A lot of teams played this weekend including Northwestern and ULM, both schools from La., with a significant amount of South Louisiana players on the roster.

Very interesting points.

:lmao:
Antroy said:

Concordia!

Spears has a point, but the forfeit thing is taking it a bit too far.
And this stuff about the season being over after the classic is bull too. You can play that game after the classic.

Back