I'm a Free Agent Football Fan. Are You?

Mr. Tiger

Mr. T
The trade of Steve McNair to Baltimore has officially turned me into something I use to really detest. :smh: I almost can't look myself in the mirror because I have joined a growing group. :shame: I have become a FREE AGENT FOOTBALL FAN. :scared:

In the 80s, I was a 49ers fan. I loved Montana, and Clark, Lott, Craig. Then, Young and Rice. I was still a 49er fan well into the 90s, even when T.O. first started there. Then, the franchise changed. Coaches were fired, GMs replaced, and bad front office moves. I had to give up my 9ers. The love was gone. So I switched to the Titans. After all, McNair was there. And I loved Eddie George. The Titans were my team now. But after the McNair trade and my dislike for the way it was handled, I have to face facts.......I'm switching to the Ravens and I am a FREE AGENT.

Well, at least I'm still a Chicago Cub fan. That should give me some BIG fan loyalty points there, huh. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What the hell do you mean you switched? And now you are a free agent? Man this statement needs to be put on the list of things a hard brother won't say. This is what we like to call fair weather, or front running fans......

Okay I like certain players and will pull for that player and his team on some occasions, but that doesn't make that my team. I like McNair, McNabb, Torry Holt, etc and when they were in the playoffs and not against my Saints, i would pull for them, but that doesn't make their team my team!

I Have been a Saints fan as long as I can remember, and will always be a Saints fan. 1-15 or 15-1, I will still say Who Dat, Cha-Ching, O when the Saints Go Marching In, Dome Patrol, etc. That is the great part about the NFL, you get to love your franchise regardless of who is playing. Same can be said for the Lakers, LSU, and without question my alma mater.

Free Agent my arse.

Suge said:
What the hell do you mean you switched? And now you are a free agent? Man this statement needs to be put on the list of things a hard brother won't say. This is what we like to call fair weather, or front running fans......

Okay I like certain players and will pull for that player and his team on some occasions, but that doesn't make that my team. I like McNair, McNabb, Torry Holt, etc and when they were in the playoffs and not against my Saints, i would pull for them, but that doesn't make their team my team!

I Have been a Saints fan as long as I can remember, and will always be a Saints fan. 1-15 or 15-1, I will still say Who Dat, Cha-Ching, O when the Saints Go Marching In, Dome Patrol, etc. That is the great part about the NFL, you get to love your franchise regardless of who is playing. Same can be said for the Lakers, LSU, and without question my alma mater.

Free Agent my arse.
And there it is!!!

FRONT RUNNER!!!

Lifetime Steelers and Redskins fan. No matter what happens with them or their records. And when it comes down to one team it is the Steelers period, everybody else is second fiddle.

Now I have rooted for other teams over the years as long as they didn't play those 2 above. I rooted for the Niners during the Montana era and wanted to see Payton get that ring in Chicago and since I live in Minneapolis I try support these dang Vikings.

If anything I am a FOOTBALL FAN period. All other sports take a back seat.

LOL@ Suge and frontrunner comment.

Suge said:

Free Agent my arse.

I hear ya, Suge. I know it's a shame. I don't feel good about it. But its not the changing of players that kills my love for the Titans. It is the front office. The same thing happened with the 49ers for me. That's why I am a football fan without a team. A FREE AGENT. :shame: I've got to find a new team before the season begins. And football is the only sport where I have this problem. In baseball, it takes a hard brother to be a fan for over 20 years of the Chicago Cubs. I have been through it all with my Cubs. The 1984 playoff loss, 1989 playoff loss, Bartman, no World Series since 1908, and the Goat curse. In basketball, I am a Laker fan since the early 80s and I still am, even though I dislike Kobe Bryant.

steelers.gif
---Been a fan since the mid 80's(Franco's and Lynn Swann's Retirement), the days of Slash and almost went into a depression when they lost to the Cowboys in 96.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:
...and this is why I am a Steelers fan.

Are you a Steelers fan, or a Cowboy hater? Reason I ask is because my LBs team is the Steelers, but he hates the Cowboys and pulls for any team that they play.

I don't hate any team, I just LOVE the COWBOYS and really have no interest in how any other team does against its opponent.

I am a Falcons fan all day long. I go back to Steve Barkowski signing my football. Andrew Willams running over people. Billy White shoes and so on. You are a Cubs fan that's why you are confused. Braves fans stick down regardless. :lol:

If you are a child of the 70's & 80's you were either a cowboy or a steeler fan. I represent dem boys. In basketball I hated all the bandwagon bull fans so whoever they were playing that was my team, now I've had the weekday season ticket package for the Sun's for about 5 years now a fan.

Da_Sperm said:
Are you a Steelers fan, or a Cowboy hater? Reason I ask is because my LBs team is the Steelers, but he hates the Cowboys and pulls for any team that they play.

I don't hate any team, I just LOVE the COWBOYS and really have no interest in how any other team does against its opponent.

I don't hate the Cowboys. I want the Cowboys to make the Super Bowl every year so that my Steelers can beat them. I hope they go undefeated until they play us (or the Saints).

Da_Sperm said:
hates the Cowgirls and FAKERs and pulls for any team that they play.

That would be Moi :spin:. Well actually when the FAKERs played the CelDICKs I didn't pull for either team.

I grew up a Steelers (TB, Swanny, Mean Joe Green, Franco) and a Philadelphia 76ers (Doc J) Fan. :headphone

JR said:
Lifetime Steelers and Redskins fan. No matter what happens with them or their records. And when it comes down to one team it is the Steelers period, everybody else is second fiddle.

Now I have rooted for other teams over the years as long as they didn't play those 2 above. I rooted for the Niners during the Montana era and wanted to see Payton get that ring in Chicago and since I live in Minneapolis I try support these dang Vikings.

If anything I am a FOOTBALL FAN period. All other sports take a back seat.

LOL@ Suge and frontrunner comment.

I knew I liked you JR. Fellow Steeler and Redskin fan here. I don't worry about anyone else. I could care less about the Aints, The Crack-Smokers in Dallas, or anybody else.

..... AND shut up all this cowboy shat!

Them batches couldn't touch the Skins this past year and are farther away from us this year ...... remember this CrackBoys .....

Hail to the Redskins,
Hail Victory,
Braves on the Warpath,
FIGHT for OLE D.C.!!!!!

Back