How would you rank the SWAC Quarterbacks?

Jag-BR

Go Jags!!!!!!
I had just thought about this!

1)Aries Nelson - MVSU
2)J.C Lewis - SU
3)Kelcy Luke - AAMU
4)Brandon Landers - GSU
5)Tony Hobson - Alcorn

All I thought of so far! :nod: :nod:

Guess you never heard of Tony Hobson huh?

You guys take every opportunity to put that garbage ass JC Lewis on the top of a list dont you?

And then I didnt see that garbage ass Brandon Landers on the list.
Can somebody please move the garbage to the Smack board?

Get Ready said:
Why the fu*k you worrying about it? You right......MOVE TO THE SMACK BOARD!!

Get Ready said:

Jag-BR, Get Ready is just mad 'cause that white dude from Jackson State ain't on the list.

I gotta kinda (ugh) agree with Rent Ready on this one ....

1. Aries Nelson
2. Tony Hobson
3. J.C. Lewis
4. Brandon Landers or Kelcy Luke
5. Everybody else

I would rank them in this order:

1. Aries Nelson, MVSU; Although I haven't seen Nelson play in person last season, he has a nice arm and coming back for another campaign under Totten, 1/2 of the Satellite connection between him and Rice. Watch him take advantage of Totten's offense.
2. J.C. Lewis, SU; this small, yet resillent captain has great potential and a solid arm that can pass for many yards and put up points. Will be backed by a stronger and more solid O-line this year, so expect to see fireworks.
3. Tony Hobson, Alcorn; say what you will, but this is the quarterback I have the displeasure see display his arm. Backed by a solid O-line and good receivers, he will pass for great yardage and be a solid leader for Alcorn.
4. Kelcy Luke, AAMU; Could be a very solid quarterback, just held back by Coach Jones offensive scemes that is most based on the ground game.
5. Brandon Landers, Gram; Generally, I was unimpressed with what I saw at the 2004 Bayou Classic. Has great potential and time, just got to work the kinks from sitting out a year under Bruce Eugene.

To watch out for:
JSU qb Oliver may make immediate impact based on the rest of the corps.

JagHammer said:
To watch out for:

You have to watch out for Kethone McLaurin as well. People are sleeping on McLaurin becasue Bell did not let him play. We actually have a QB battle at Jackson State.

JagHammer said:
I would rank them in this order:

1. Aries Nelson, MVSU; Although I haven't seen Nelson play in person last season, he has a nice arm and coming back for another campaign under Totten, 1/2 of the Satellite connection between him and Rice. Watch him take advantage of Totten's offense.
2. J.C. Lewis, SU; this small, yet resillent captain has great potential and a solid arm that can pass for many yards and put up points. Will be backed by a stronger and more solid O-line this year, so expect to see fireworks.
3. Tony Hobson, Alcorn; say what you will, but this is the quarterback I have the displeasure see display his arm. Backed by a solid O-line and good receivers, he will pass for great yardage and be a solid leader for Alcorn.
4. Kelcy Luke, AAMU; Could be a very solid quarterback, just held back by Coach Jones offensive scemes that is most based on the ground game.
5. Brandon Landers, Gram; Generally, I was unimpressed with what I saw at the 2004 Bayou Classic. Has great potential and time, just got to work the kinks from sitting out a year under Bruce Eugene.

To watch out for:

1. J.C Lewis
2. Aries Nelson
3. Brandon Launders ( Don't sleep on this boy this year)
4.Tony Hobson
5 Kelcy Luke

This may be deepest crop of qb's in the conference in a long time. I didn't even mention Jimmy Oliver and he was a 5 star qb out of the JC ranks. I don't know about yall, but this looks to be a exciting season.

I can't speak on anyone elses quarterback but we don't have one. We have an athlete in the backfield disguised as a quarterback.

Adam Lamb, Johnnie Cole, Sean Cook (hell, even Stacey Moore) send help.... and fast!

C-LeB28 said:
I can't speak on anyone elses quarterback but we don't have one. We have an athlete in the backfield disguised as a quarterback.

Adam Lamb, Johnnie Cole, Sean Cook (hell, even Stacey Moore) send help.... and fast!
Cleb, if more of these posters where as honest as you are about their QBs, then that list would be shorter than that.

Blacknbengal said:
Cleb, if more of these posters where as honest as you

Why hype someone up when you know..... nevermind.

Sometimes I get knocked around here because of my brutal honesty or what some call as self smack but I just call them like I see them.

C-LeB28 said:

Sometimes I get knocked around here because of my brutal honesty or what some call as self smack but I just call them like I see them.
And that's good, cause I can tell the posters that see things through black and gold and blue and gold glasses. And I dont want to start on those ugly Maroon and white shades that others wear.

Now see Beans, why you gotta bring us into this? We ain't said nothing about this crazy list. This list is a bunch of unproven QB hopefuls. Not to mention the mere fact that someone would mention a QB from Jackie Sue is utterly rediculous. Everybody knows Jackson States quarterbacks suck. Haren is still your most prized recruit as far as I'm concerned. And ain't nobody worried about that 5'4" JUCO dude y'all got coming in under center. :rolleyes:

Blacknbengal said:
And that's good, cause I can tell the posters that see things through black and gold and blue and gold glasses. And I dont want to start on those ugly Maroon and white shades that others wear.

I guess the ones with Blue and white glasses don't speak, huh?

Mr. SWAC said:
Now see Beans, why you gotta bring us into this? We ain't said nothing about this crazy list. This list is a bunch of unproven QB hopefuls. Not to mention the mere fact that someone would mention a QB from Jackie Sue is utterly rediculous. Everybody knows Jackson States quarterbacks suck. Haren is still your most prized recruit as far as I'm concerned. And ain't nobody worried about that 5'4" JUCO dude y'all got coming in under center. :rolleyes:

Quarterback and AAMU = oxymoron

Heck:

Offense and AAMU (ooops, this is the sports board)

Tigerpride said:
Quarterback and AAMU = oxymoron

Heck:

Offense and AAMU (ooops, this is the sports board)
You're right, this is the Sports Board. We don't want it to get ugly like this was.

AAMU - JSU
52-6 :smh:

C-LeB28 said:

Although you f*** with me about them Southern Socks I wore that day, I gotta give you credit for just being honest. That aint apprecieted very much around here. Believe me, I know

Let GR be honest for a minute. GR knows that most people like to post just to see their own players on a list.

But to you SU folks that love to see JCs ass on a list let me tell you something: JC couldnt even make the team at QB for JSU. He is short, has no foot speed, and a weak arm.....a black Haren.

JC would be 5th string at JSU if allowed on the team.
1 Kethone McLaurin
2 Jimmy Oliver
3 Kris Thigpen...(be afraid....very afraid)
4 Carlos Simpson

But then again, SU has not had a legit QB since 1995, so anything gets yall excited....holup....TGO will give you Sam George...but that about it.

Back