Hornets upset South Alabama

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME....THE FELLAS PLAYED A WHALE OF GAME!!! HOPEFULLY IT WILL CARRY OVER INTO THE SWAC PLAY

Hornets beat a very good South Alabama team. We are going to be tough at home. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

J C said:
Hornets beat a very good South Alabama team. We are going to be tough at home. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Yeah South Alabama beat Houston when they were ranked in the top 25 in the nation.

the big difference tonight....the hornets shot 34 free throws. they played inside out and the refs finally started blowing their whistles. of course part of that is also being at home. the were 9 pt underdogs going into the game and ranked #301, while usa was ranked #84. 1st time in recent memory they've beaten a top 100 squad. also the 2nd year in a row they gotten a win over usa. good win, should help w/ in state recruiting.

Yeah, I saw the highlights on the news down here in Mobile. USA has the best D1 in-state record right now. USA killed Bama St. a couple of weeks ago here at the Mitchell Center. I wonder what caused such a turnaround. Great win for the Hornets and the SWAC. Hopefully we'll get ours soon (AAMU).

Great Christmas present.

Hornets halt Jags' streak

Friday, December 23, 2005
By KIM SHUGART
Sports Reporter
MONTGOMERY -- Alabama State dominated down the stretch to wipe out a six-point South Alabama lead and take a 78-75 win Thursday night to snap the Jaguars' seven-game winning streak.

Former LeFlore High standout Andrew Hayles made two clutch free throws with 8.2 seconds left to give the Hornets the three-point margin.

USA (8-2) started the streak against ASU a month ago with an 82-65 win at the Mitchell Center, but they couldn't duplicate the performance at the Joe Reed Acadome.

Alabama State (2-8), which had dropped six straight games before Thursday night's home opener, outscored the Jags 12-3 in the last five minutes.

al.com

Mr SWAC, you were correct. Freshman Hayles is a good player and has a chance to be special. I see where Leflore is undefeated again this year.

Back