hornets mario lane out for season

DAHILL said:
What coach isnt going to say a loss isnt big? Thats coach talk. Once again only 2 of them have ever played more than 1 game for AAMU... Middleton was a redshirt last year, we signed about 7 offensive lineman... u cant miss what u never had. Hell we beat JSU last year with 4 STARTERS suspended. Trust me it wont matter.
Trust me Dahill I hear what you're saying. The coach had already penned him in to the starter for this season and the loss of your two starting linebackers on both sides will make an impact.

Now, pls dont believe that this year's Tiger team will be the same one from last year. Dont count those chickens or they will come home to roost. (Thanks Malcom).

DAHILL said:
What coach isnt going to say a loss isnt big? Thats coach talk. Once again only 2 of them have ever played more than 1 game for AAMU... Middleton was a redshirt last year, we signed about 7 offensive lineman... u cant miss what u never had. Hell we beat JSU last year with 4 STARTERS suspended. Trust me it wont matter.

You see why I don't like talking to these folks, Dahill? They can't read and comprehend. Like I said, 2 (two) starters. Dayum!

Let them believe that it will hurt us. Remember last year we only returned one starter at Linebacker and the people said we would be terrible on defense. You see how much they know by that comment...:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TheReporter said:
Ah, always nice when somebody blames the person who wrote the story.

I think we'd all be interested to about these untruths. Not sure how there could be so many in a story about a kid losing his eligibility.

If we're to believe that the academic advisors shouldn't be required to learn the NCAA certification rules, why then are we expecting these student-athletes, who have to deal with classes, homework and a demanding practice and workout schedule, to know them?

Mario Lane did nothing wrong. He trusted an advisor. Nothing more. Given that this advisor wasn't some random guy off the street and was actually trained and paid by the university to give students guidance, I find it very, very difficult to fault Mario.

Finally, Mario stood up and took the blame publicly. Many kids wouldn't have. And maybe Mario shouldn't have. It certainly wasn't his fault. But he decided that nothing good could come from him placing blame on someone else, so he took it on himself. Very admirable, in my book. Maybe ASU could hire the kid to be AD.

Welcome Josh!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember how this matchup is going. What is the series count AAMU vs. JSU? Also, who won last year?

JROCK said:
I don't remember how this matchup is going. What is the series count AAMU vs. JSU? Also, who won last year?

Dont know the exact mathup count... recently we have beat JSU 3 times.... I believe they beat us 4 or 5... we won the last two 21-9 last year and 44-10 the year before and we won in 95 before we were in the SWAC. I believe they beat us in 94,99,00,01, and 02

DAHILL said:
Dont know the exact mathup count... recently we have beat JSU 3 times.... I believe they beat us 4 or 5... we won the last two 21-9 last year and 44-10 the year before and we won in 95 before we were in the SWAC. I believe they beat us in 94,99,00,01, and 02

I suspected this series was getting tight. If the SWAC continues in this divisional format, I look for JSU and AAMU to have some knock down drag out match ups. I don't believe their drought will last no more than 2-3 more years. However, it is real hard to know just how much damage has been done to that program. They will need to be very judicious in their next hire.

Back