Hispanics surpass blacks in college enrollment

Their population is growing faster and they are hitting up those community colleges more than we are.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This trend has BEEN in the works...I think the past decade or so. Trip out on this. Land grant HBCU's have something called an 1890 Scholars program--it basically gives the kid a free ride, plus a computer , offers summer paying jobs (interns). All the student has to do is agree to work for the agency for the number of years they got the scholarshp at a job ALREADY WAITING FOR THEM WHEN THEY GRADUATE.

Sweet, huh? Man, the default rate is through the roof. These kids won't stay at the job the allotted time, act a fool when they ask for money back...the USDA liason at the university said the DC folks had on the table to DISCONTINUE THE PROGRAM AT HBCUS AND MOVE THE MONEY TO THE HISPANIC PROJECT INSTEAD.

AAs need to wake the fugg up. We have...abuse...then get mad when its gone. And that seems to be nearly everything in our lives.

This trend has BEEN in the works...I think the past decade or so. Trip out on this. Land grant HBCU's have something called an 1890 Scholars program--it basically gives the kid a free ride, plus a computer , offers summer paying jobs (interns). All the student has to do is agree to work for the agency for the number of years they got the scholarshp at a job ALREADY WAITING FOR THEM WHEN THEY GRADUATE.

Sweet, huh? Man, the default rate is through the roof. These kids won't stay at the job the allotted time, act a fool when they ask for money back...the USDA liason at the university said the DC folks had on the table to DISCONTINUE THE PROGRAM AT HBCUS AND MOVE THE MONEY TO THE HISPANIC PROJECT INSTEAD.

AAs need to wake the fugg up. We have...abuse...then get mad when its gone. And that seems to be nearly everything in our lives.

I got two cousins go through the program. Both went to UMES. The older one is now getting a PHD in Applied Economics at Ohio State and the USDA is even paying for that.

This is sad! Is this program still up and running? I would like to steer some of the kids that I mentor to this option.

Sounds like an awesome program, ct...:tup:

btw, Hispanics surpass us in everything...they will soon surpass everyone.

Yes, the program is still ongoing and we need more SERIOUS young people in these majors. I don't need someone wanting to be an MD, getting in the program under Animal Science for the money, then getting finished and applying to medical school. :smh: That looks REAL bad....but the kids do it and parent Amening in the background. EVERY thing in life has a cost...so when it shows up on their credit they want to get pissed, talk bad...but YOU broke the agreement.

Comprehension isn't only a problem on TSPN...it seems across the board. People are hearing what THEY WANT to hear...not necessarily what you are telling them.

I've been noticing this trend over the last few decades. It's really not surprising and it's amazing to witness hispanics and others putting a foot through black kids asses (plural) academically. :smh: Can't save the world, only those who want and desire to do better. :tup:

Back