HBCU Baseball and Softball: May 3 - May 8

I will get the years. I know for certain they did. 4 game series back then also. 2 days of double headers. But I knew 03 lost 1 game, thought it was to PV but I remember now it was @ Gram. Gram had the entire football team at the game lol . I know for a fact they went undefeated a couple of years. Also that website might be counting West vs East as Swac games when we all know those don't count in the standings. Back then only JSU or Gram were capable of beating SU. Every once in a while TSU.

Last edited:

I will get the years. I know for certain they did. 4 game series back then also. 2 days of double headers. But I knew 03 lost 1 game, thought it was to PV but I remember now it was @ Gram. Gram had the entire football team at the game lol . I know for a fact they went undefeated a couple of years. Also that website might be counting West vs East as Swac games when we all know those don't count in the standings. Back then only JSU or Gram were capable of beating SU. Every once in a while TSU.

I was trying to let you look it up. SU's 2003 team went 27-1 in conference play. I believe Ricky Weeks played on that team.

Wrong. We beat su Saturday. As a matter of fact, we beat su Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They haven't beat us since 2014.

Not having those extra schoolies made the game even (and others investing in baseball). Just think, my 2004 SWAC championship team had 4-5 full scholarships to split between an entire team with the max being 11.7. While SU was probably over awarding with 15 or more. There is no way Cador started that illegal practice 7-8 years ago - he knew what he was doing.

Good, we want Bama St in the tournament.
sn

Not having those extra schoolies made the game even (and others investing in baseball). Just think, my 2004 SWAC championship team had 4-5 full scholarships to split between an entire team with the max being 11.7. While SU was probably over awarding with 15 or more. There is no way Cador started that illegal practice 7-8 years ago - he knew what he was doing.
It's time for Cador to go.

SU had a great compliance staff until our previous AD Greg LaFleur fired them, during that time frame. No way that would have happened. So stop assuming on things you have no knowledge of. Hell Rickie and a lot of those players on that team wasn't even on scholarship. Louisiana also has TOP'S.

Last edited:
SU has two of the 3 most impressive OC wins this season despite having a mostly freshman team. Auburn and #22 at the time South Alabama. Bama St beat Tennessee also. SU has a couple of weaknesses but for one or two games they can play with anyone. I don't think Cador is planning to retire anytime soon lol. SU is adding on to their facility again lol. Cador does a excellent job of acquiring funds. He is building for 2017 run.

Last edited:
SU has two of the 3 most impressive OC wins this season despite having a mostly freshman team. Auburn and #22 at the time South Alabama. Bama St beat Tennessee also. SU has a couple of weaknesses but for one or two games they can play with anyone. I don't think Cador is planning to retire anytime soon lol. SU is adding on to their facility again lol. Cador does a excellent job of acquiring funds. He is building for 2017 run.
You know we also beat South Alabama too, right?

SU had a great compliance staff until our previous AD Greg LaFleur fired them, during that time frame. No way that would have happened. So stop assuming on things you have no knowledge of. Hell Rickie and a lot of those players on that team wasn't even on scholarship. Louisiana also has TOP'S.

You are right - I need to stop assuming. From what you are saying, Cador had no idea he was doing wrong (even though he never did it with the previous compliance staff). He didn't have a competent staff to guide him. Can't blame him, he was just trying to win after other teams knocked him off his high horse.

Whatever the case is he assembled some of the best teams ever seen in HBCU baseball. And that 2003 team was on of the better teams in the nation that year.

Hell Rickie and a lot of those players on that team wasn't even on scholarship. Louisiana also has TOP'S.

I was on an athletic and academic scholarship myself so I know what you mean. Actually, most of my teams from 2003-2006 were on academic scholarship. However, there are reports out there that Rickie was offered a scholarship from Cador, but I'm guessing he must of turned it down.

Looks like that's who you going to get.
Go Hornets.

But don't run up against us in the tournament. We have no desire to let the Hornets go completely through the season and tourney without a loss. We are waiting.

(ASU) 4th straight 30th game winning season in a row. :cool:

Is there still any talk about getting rid of the coach because he recruited mostly Hispanic players? he is now getting a number of good black players. I told JC that would happen if Bama State started to win consistently.

Reactions: J C

Go Hornets.

But don't run up against us in the tournament. We have no desire to let the Hornets go completely through the season and tourney without a loss. We are waiting.

The wife and I are making the trip to NOLA for the tournament. Come join us.

Is there still any talk about getting rid of the coach because he recruited mostly Hispanic players? he is now getting a number of good black players. I told JC that would happen if Bama State started to win consistently.
So he had to be forced to recruit Black players to an HBCU? Hmmm.

The wife and I are making the trip to NOLA for the tournament. Come join us.

I'm trying to get ahead on my work so I can attend the alumni meeting in Charlotte in June. If something gets postponed and i can make it, I will let you know.

Reactions: J C
Back