Harvard Taps ASU Senior for Management Program

Olde Hornet

Harvard Business School Selects ASU COBA Student for Summer Management Program

By Kenneth Mullinax/ASU

The Harvard University Business School recently selected a rising senior from Alabama State University's Percy J. Vaughn College of Business Administration (COBA) to be a member of its highly competitive Harvard Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP).

Tre'von Conner, also a member of ASU's Honor Finance Program, was among a handful of students chosen nationwide for SVMP, located on Harvard’s campus in Cambridge, Mass. The program allows selected students to participate in courses geared to the level of the University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) classes. The intensive course of study is geared toward college seniors (Class of 2023) and juniors (Class of 2024).

"I received this appointment by being one among literally thousands who applied for the program, and I feel blessed and fortunate enough to be among those selected to be invited to attend the Ivy League school's management program," Conner said. "This program was good for me in several ways but most importantly, in being the leading factor in helping me to decide that I now desire to attend graduate school and obtain an MBA. It would be wonderful to be accepted into Harvard's MBA program, but regardless, obtaining an MBA is next on my educational priority list."

Back