Grambling picks Mathieu as athletics director

Robber said:
I don't know anything about the guy, but I'm guessing the search committee found something to be impressed about.

JSU just hired the greatest baseball coach we ever had to be our A.D. He sure could coach.

I feel ya Rob... what gets me is that we talk about "hiring our own" but drive by the Black owned Burger stand to get a quarter pounder. Nothing wrong with them getting their Mickey D grub on...but all I'm saying is, "that's all I'm saying".

MikeBigg said:
I feel ya Rob... what gets me is that we talk about "hiring our own" but drive by the Black owned Burger stand to get a quarter pounder. Nothing wrong with them getting their Mickey D grub on...but all I'm saying is, "that's all I'm saying".
I'm all for hiring one of our own, when one of our own deserves the position. But I ain't giving you jack just because you applied and went to school there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Robber said:
I'm all for hiring one of our own, when one of our own deserves the position. But I ain't giving you jack just because you applied and went to school there.
I agree. Could Mathieu get the AD job at McNeese.

Grambling athletics will continue to be below par until another administrator from Southern like RWE Jones right that rural ship.

JROCK said:
Grambling athletics will continue to be below par until another administrator from Southern like RWE Jones right that rural ship.
So why did does the GSU women's basketball team suck like hookers on Harding Blvd. after Ponton took over as coach? :lol:

SAME OLD G said:
So why did does the GSU women's basketball team suck like hookers on Harding Blvd. after Ponton took over as coach? :lol:

Rusty's biggest mistake was not demanding the Presidency post. As sure as the sky is columbia blue and the SUn is gold, he committed a mortal sin and he as well as the girl's basketball team is paying the debt. :lol: :emlaugh:

cat daddy said:
Based upon his experience with working with DISD and The Sugar Bowl, I'd say yes.

I bet if he was a candidate they would be giving him hell and finding every excuse they could not to hire him.:what:

The Sugar Bowl is nice but that sells itself. His work in DISD is what probably stood out since he had to make something out of nothing. That's how you can translate him to possibly having success on the HBCU level.

DISD is like Houston ISD..underfunded and its best days are behind them...by somewhat leveling the playing field is a true accomplishment

SAME OLD G said:
LMAO!!! :lmao:

Boy you are a dayum fool! Gotta give you props on that one!

G, have you forgotten that the placid night is Black and the Iconic rays of the sun are Gold?

You are getting too close to the traditionless.....

So, because they won't hire us, we shouldn't hire them? Do you also believe in not playing them now, because they didn't want to play us then?

GRAM4LIFE said:
So, because they won't hire us, we shouldn't hire them? Do you also believe in not playing them now, because they didn't want to play us then?
Their are several teams me and the rest of the Jaguar nation would rather play before we play them. FAMU, TENN.ST, Hampton, NC&T, Northwestern ST.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So you just don't like McNeese or are all your statements towards more than just them? Everyone has teams they would perfer to play.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
I agree. Could Mathieu get the AD job at McNeese.

Ahhh, the race card... Stop the hate Jag fan...

He's 1,000,000 better than what we have now... and if he applies for it in January, I'd say he'd be No. 1 on our list...

But I doubt he would ditch GSU at that point.

BTW, I'd say GSU did a lot better hiring a McAlum than they would have by hiring an SU alum, not that GSU would have ever granted a SU alum an interview.:p

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Would one of our graduates be considered for their AD job. H*LL NO.:shame:

Wait a minute...yall say I have a Willie Lynch mentality?!!! What's this? This man is highly qualified and deemed the best man for the job by our administration. His records speaks well... so what if he didn't attend an HBCU. Trust me, where he went to school had no bearing...how he did in school and in prior jobs did!

MikeBigg said:
Wait a minute...yall say I have a Willie Lynch mentality?!!! What's this? This man is highly qualified and deemed the best man for the job by our administration. His records speaks well... so what if he didn't attend an HBCU. Trust me, where he went to school had no bearing...how he did in school and in prior jobs did!

COSIGN!!!!!!!!!!

WHo cares as logn as he get s the job done. Like when spears was applying for the job. I didn't care if he went to tim buk tu university as long as he gets the job done. Will i criticize spears...........HELL YES.....WILL I CRITICIZE MATHIEU........HELL YES !!!!!!! People have a rigth to criticize or praise folks but doin it on the basis on whether they are former grads or buddy buddy types is retarded. I BELIEVING IN BEING FAIR TO PEOPLE. IF I CAN CRITICIZE DOUG WILLIAMS PLAYCALLIN I SURE AS HELL CAN CRITICIZE SPEARS. IF I CAN CRITICIZE WILLIE JEFFIRES......... I SURE CAN CRITICIZE TROY MATHIEUS.

THIS IS BITNESS........NOT PLEASURE !!!!!!!

THE BEST MAN IN THE ADMINISTRATION EYES HAS THE JOB AND I SUPPORT HIM LIKE I SUPPORTED JEFFRIES THOUGH I STILL CRITICZED AND PRAISED HIM THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T CARE IF THE AD WENT TO EL SAGUNDO UNIVERSITY AS LONG AS HE GETS CORPORATE DOLLARS, AND RAISE THE STATUS OF THE ATH DEPARTMENT IN THE PUBLIC EYE TO HIGHER HEIGHTS !!!!

McTailgator nobody mention race, As a matter of fact is Troy Mathieu white or black.I don't know if he was more qualified considering that 2 of three finalist were already d-1 AD's. I think it came down to him not being a Gram alum, money, and who the President felt comfortable with. If you knew you louisana history you would know SU alums have always played an important part in Grambling history and as far the race card which you people have been throwing around since the early 14th century in the words of one of America greats preachers Gardner C. Taylor "If Blacks are playing the race card then it comes from white americas race deck".

Back