Grambling or Alcorn fans

ASU2002

Can anyone enlighten me on the game set for September 3. The G-Men will open the season against their traditional early season Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) rival, the Alcorn State Braves in Stockton, California at Stagg Memorial Stadium.
Will this be a classic or just a regular game played in a neutral area? I was kinda looking forward to seeing the game on campus this season.

ASU2002 said:
Can anyone enlighten me on the game set for September 3. The G-Men will open the season against their traditional early season Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) rival, the Alcorn State Braves in Stockton, California at Stagg Memorial Stadium.
Will this be a classic or just a regular game played in a neutral area? I was kinda looking forward to seeing the game on campus this season.

It is called the Literacy Classic. It is Alcorns home game. I was told that the promoter has a deadline to come up with the money. If they don't we will beat Alcorn in Spinks.

MACHIAVELLI said:
It is called the Literacy Classic. It is Alcorns home game. I was told that the promoter has a deadline to come up with the money. If they don't we will beat Alcorn in Spinks.
Were you serious or just joking :whatever: :lmao: :lol:

I sure hope they don't come up with the money.It doesn't make sense to take a game across country to draw maybe 23-25,000 fans when you can go across campus a draw 20,000 without the added hassel.I would rather for the game to be moved to Jackson and call it the Labor Day-Magnolia Classic .Plus this is a huge SWAC conf game, leave it alone. :upset: :upset:

I think it does not make any sense at all.... I use to drive down when we played them at home......... But if it doe smove away then I hope they draw a crowd of more than 25,000 people....... Hell Gram has a large alumni base in that area...

gramuntildeath said:
I think it does not make any sense at all.... I use to drive down when we played them at home......... But if it doe smove away then I hope they draw a crowd of more than 25,000 people....... Hell Gram has a large alumni base in that area...

Amos Alonzo Stagg Memorial...Stockton, CA Capacity 30,000

STOCKTON,CA :xeye: :xeye: ...............I just don't see it,San Fran,Oakland or San Jose,maybe, but Stockton.Will this be on the U of Pacific campus?

MACHIAVELLI said:
The ICON that is Grambling is 13-4 at Jack Spinks Stadium. The Stadium renaming ceremony will be soon. :bump:
Can't be. Spinks was built in 92. That's 15 years and you have to remember there is rotation home-home play. Plus we played you all one year in Chicago. Check your numbers.

why why why why would you move a game like alcorn vs grambling to Cali. Why why why why would you kill a rivialry game like that.
why why why why when the game is always well attended
why why why why why why why why why why

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
why why why why would you move a game like alcorn vs grambling to Cali. Why why why why would you kill a rivialry game like that.

Dayum SUJag, you sounding like that Jadakiss song!!!!

But I agree, why move this game if you're going to get virtually the same number of arses in the seats?

Besides, after what happened up in West Ruston last year (couldn't resist), I would think the G-Men would be champing in the bit to get at Alcorn on the Reservation!!

Why not move it back to Shreveport and start the 'Red River Classic' back up? The game b/w these teams brought a good crowd.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

The Alcorn/Grambling game is the best season "kick-off game" every year. I truly enjoyed the Red River Classic. The Alcorn/Grambling was also the FIRST football game ever played in the Super Dome.

I don't like that the game has been moved to California; however, this certainly is the greatest recruiting tool our schools can use to get talented high school students (football players, the band, cheerleaders, etc.) from all across the country. Just ask the players if they would like to fly to California and be part of this event. Well if it was me, I would be in California saying "Hi Mom!!!"

It's hard to give up the best game to open up black college football. It's not our lost, it's our gain. Better exposure means better talent being brought into our programs. Ultimately, we see visionary sports channel such as ESPN realizing our brand of marketing and buys into it. Just think what could have happened if BET would have taken our games serious!!!

ASU2002 said:
Can't be. Spinks was built in 92. That's 15 years and you have to remember there is rotation home-home play. Plus we played you all one year in Chicago. Check your numbers.

Those numbers were the number of time that the game was played in Lorman/Alcorn, MS, not the number of times the game was played. My numbers are correct. If you want to be specific about Spinks stadium 4 Grambling wins, 2 Grambling loses in Spinks. The overall series record is about 36-16-1 in favor of Grambling. Winning in Lorman or Spinks is not hard.

Journalist said:
Dayum SUJag, you sounding like that Jadakiss song!!!!

But I agree, why move this game if you're going to get virtually the same number of arses in the seats?

Besides, after what happened up in West Ruston last year (couldn't resist), I would think the G-Men would be champing in the bit to get at Alcorn on the Reservation!!
Not Jadakiss, im keeping it straight Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Thats that lil Boosie and Weebie remix. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MACHIAVELLI said:
Those numbers were the number of time that the game was played in Lorman/Alcorn, MS, not the number of times the game was played. My numbers are correct. If you want to be specific about Spinks stadium 4 Grambling wins, 2 Grambling loses in Spinks. The overall series record is about 36-16-1 in favor of Grambling. Winning in Lorman or Spinks is not hard.

Home and Home...always Home and Home. The locals deserve this game and what a great way to kick off the football season. Some things don't need to be changed. I like this game played on campus to get the freshmen into the swing of things and set the tone for the year.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Not Jadakiss, im keeping it straight Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Thats that lil Boosie and Weebie remix. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

that's a dayum shame...not Boosie and Weebie..anything but dem two kneegrows :shades:

But still in all...keep this a home/home at all costs

Back