Grambling loses undergraduate nursing program

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I feel bad for Grambling and Southern University. I'm not in support of there new leaders that were recently elected to lead the university's. Grambling new guy seems to out of touch and seems to have a lack of ideas and connections Grambling needs to move forward similar to how JSU is doing. Su new president will at best maintain the school. These are to great institutions that desire a new breath of fresh air and are both capable of meeting the challenges of being competitive institutions. Grambling needs a president with new ideas, that will excite there entire community. The old ideas imo has gotten old to Gramblings alumni and as a result there is an lack of interest in selling the university name.

From what i was told it will reopen in 2016 and it was closed to restructure things. PIss poor leadership leads to things like this. Hopefully this new President rights the ship.

Feel sorry for SU????? Hmmmmm Even though funding has been cut SU programs are still top. Still a top producing engineering school,
Prob the best nursing program among HBCUs, picked as the best in state, numerous of times, including this year,
CS,program just added
cyber security,
And the urban foresty program has been designated by the Department of Agriculture, as a research center along with PENN STATE, AND TXAMU
And law school still.one of the.popular law schools by US WORLD REPORTS and rehabilitation program, just received one of the largest grants for master and PhD program, by the national institute of health..

GRAMBLING ISSUE was scores, u have to maintain a certain% on.the boards, and this is not the first time,, they have been warned several times, to pick up the scores

Last edited:
I may agree not with the leadership and the the board,, but I will applaud SU for maintaining good programs. And I Really wish people would do research SU enrollment problems has less to do with SU and more to.do with the state,, but the regents is about to changed some admission rules, LIKE COUNTING GPA AS THE SAME WITH SAT AND ACT SCORES, UNLIKE. SOME SCHOOLS that will remain nameless, example if u score two points lower on the SAT OR ACT ,BUT have a high GPA,, u can be admitted to some HBCUS but not in LA,which SU and alot of schools have complained about, so.now the regents will change how admission is weighed and I guarantee u will start seeing an increase in enrollment

Last edited:
I applaud SU and JSU on their graduate programs. GSU had the first Ed.D in Developmental Education but has yet to expand in to other doctoral programs which in my opinion has hindered the university. The future of higher education is in research and collaboration. At one time GSU had a top ranked Nursing program and now it is gone. GSU's nursing program was the BLUEPRINT for a number of nursing programs.

GSU's problem is the current hiring practices. We hire unqualified people in all aspects of the university. Furthermore, the people who are able to enhance GSU..well they are treated like red head step children.

I know 5 former professors who left GSU because of how they were treated and went on to bring in millions for other universities. These same ideas they used at other universities they are prospering.

I may agree not with the leadership and the the board,, but I will applaud SU for maintaining good programs. And I Really wish people would do research SU enrollment problems has less to do with SU and more to.do with the state,, but the regents is about to changed some admission rules, LIKE COUNTING GPA AS THE SAME WITH SAT AND ACT SCORES, UNLIKE. SOME SCHOOLS that will remain nameless, example if u score two points lower on the SAT OR ACT ,BUT have a high GPA,, u can be admitted to some HBCUS but not in LA,which SU and alot of schools have complained about, so.now the regents will change how admission is weighed and I guarantee u will start seeing an increase in enrollment
The GOP was doing their best to stop that piece of legislation from being signed because they knew it would help SU and Grambling up their enrollment numbers. Goes against their agenda.

Back