Grambling is still at it!

DaTruth4u

I swear Nick Deriso needs to become the SID for Grambling. He is on his isht!:bowdown:

One Texas scout this week called Kevin Williams "the best kept secret in this state."

A running back from Houston-Forest Brook High in the northeastern portion of the city, Williams ran for 900 yards even in a hurricane-shortened 2005 season.

And even while maintaining a 3.5 average.

No surprise then that he was pursued by Tennessee, among others. Yet, Williams has signed with Grambling State - the latest in a stellar class of incoming rushers.

Williams apparently slipped off the radar when his test scores were reported late. But he arrives as a credentialed performer from the tough Texas system. He had friends and family with Grambling ties, though. That reportedly sealed the deal.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blogs/blog3/index.html

Congrats Gram. Nick Deriso is a great ambassador of Grambling and the Swac. Wish we had more like him. Yall have some serious heat over their. :eek: :eek:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nick is a professional and works his azz off to cover his beat. That means he's there on Grambling's campus getting to know his subject matter. He's native to that region and grew up reading and hearing about Eddie Robinson, Collie Nicholson, and the Grambling legacy.

Nick recognizes a good product and knows that the fanbase of Gramblinites make for more readers and that attracts advertisers. Think about it this way, Nick does his job (and he does it well)...but he's no dummy. He's writing about one of the most recognizable names in all of Sports. It's win/win. He gives us more exposure and his paper in turns benefits from the exposure that Grambling generates. Personally, I'm glad to have him be associated with our program...whether as a beat writer or if SID (someday) then HELL YES!!!!!

Ralph said:
He has also been on I-AA WAVES twice so far for the national I-AA audience too! :)

BTW...thanks for the exposure that was given to Grambling and the SWAC.

SAME OLD G said:
No disrespect, but your source told you a lie! :lol:

Well this is a rumor that has been in existence since before Forest was fired! Would you like to enlighten us on the subject?

DaTruth4u said:
Well this is a rumor that has been in existence since before Forest was fired! Would you like to enlighten us on the subject?
Sure, Nick was never considered for the SID position. It's that simple. Leaving from where Nick is now to become the SID at Grambling would be a step down. Why would Nick want to do that?

SAME OLD G said:
Sure, Nick was never considered for the SID position. It's that simple. Leaving from where Nick is now to become the SID at Grambling would be a step down. Why would Nick want to do that?

You would have to show me some straight up figures to prove to me that it would be a step down. It's not like Monroe, LA is a tremendous market. I know the SID position at Gram may not make a pretty penny. However, he would probably make more money at Gram. Your saying that Nick was never considered for the position. Quick question are you a current Grambling student or someone who lives in the community? Or are you someone who went to Gram and lives in another state? No pun intended just wondering how reliable your source is, because mine are extremely reliable.

SAME OLD G said:

He gives us better exposure at lesser cost in his present position...:emlaugh:

DaTruth4u said:
You would have to show me some straight up figures to prove to me that it would be a step down. It's not like Monroe, LA is a tremendous market. I know the SID position at Gram may not make a pretty penny. However, he would probably make more money at Gram. Your saying that Nick was never considered for the position. Quick question are you a current Grambling student or someone who lives in the community? Or are you someone who went to Gram and lives in another state? No pun intended just wondering how reliable your source is, because mine are extremely reliable.

About to fall out of my chair LMAO at this question. :lmao:

Dude...I promise you. If it comes from me it is solid. In many instances I am the source.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SAME OLD G said:

Dude...I promise you. If it comes from me it is solid. In many instances I am the source.

From now on, you will be referred to (by me) as "The Source"...Charmed Ones send help!!!!:bowdown:

SAME OLD G said:

Well if your who I think you are then I apologize. However, maybe you can answer my question, are their any leads to who may be back in the SID spot?

DaTruth4u said:
Quick question are you a current Grambling student or someone who lives in the community? Or are you someone who went to Gram and lives in another state? No pun intended just wondering how reliable your source is, because mine are extremely reliable.

Yeah SOGGY! The people want to know who you are! :redhot:

DaTruth4u said:
Well if your who I think you are then I apologize. However, maybe you can answer my question, are their any leads to who may be back in the SID spot?
No

leads? it's the annual SID free agency period now.....Alcorn State, Grambling State and somewhere else has openings now......lets say one of these schools plucks from another and now another opening arises.

sit back and relax

Back