Grambling alum becomes owner of indoor football league franchise

Jafus (Thinker)

Grambling alum becomes owner of indoor football league franchise

August 2, 2005

http://www.onnidan.com/05-06/news/august/aifl0802.htm

Richmond, VA - The Atlantic Indoor Football League champion Richmond Bandits proudly announce Shujaa Salters has taken the reigns and will become the team's new owner.

Salters, who joined the team as Director of Sales during the inaugural season helped to create a loyal team following in Richmond through sponsorship and season ticket sales. Working in the Bandits' front office afforded Salters the opportunity to become a part of the team's successful run as the first AIFL champion. Prior to his first position with the Bandits, Salters worked on the Olympic level in marketing for the United States Olympic Committee and as a manager in direct sales in Texas. ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now I know I have to see the Richmond Bandits now knowing that a brother and a GSU Man owns the team. I live here in Richmond and I will go see them play next year. :tup: :tup: :tup:

Blacknbengal said:
Is he trying to pick up some women? Why do they have his number listed along with him being single?
*I thought I was the only one who noticed that*
:smh:

Big Ups!! :tup:
Represent the ICON

Sales director Salters purchases Bandits
Taylor out as owner; Richards no longer coach of AIFL champs

When asked midway through the season if he had any plans of selling the first-place Richmond Bandits because of their dwindling attendance at the Coliseum, owner Michael Taylor simply said, "Not right now."

Two months and one championship later, "now" has come for Taylor, who this week sold the AIFL's Bandits to Shujaa Salters, the team's sales director.

These plans include the creation of several team-sponsored youth flag football leagues, visits by the Ban-Divas cheerleading squad to local facilities and more day games that are planned around school schedules so kids can attend, Salters said.

In order to meet his desire for 4,200 Bandits season-ticket holders next season, Salters will draw on his experience at Grambling State University in Louisiana and look to create a team band.

Times Dispatch

Back