Foreclosure looms for Morris Brown

Where are their alums? Better yet.... here is something someone posted this weekend.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Would like to give a BIG THANKS, SHOUT OUT, WOO-WOO, HIGH FIVE to the MBC Greek Alumni Committee, who donated $2,000 to Morris Brown College on Saturday!! Let's continue to feed hungry souls!! Homecoming TWENTY-TWELVE, Fall Affair...coming soon......"[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]They are too busy worried about Homecoming.... Don't understand how people want the community to save Morris Brown when it appears a lot of their alums abandoned the school when the ship started to sink.[/FONT]​

I asked the same question, "Where are their Alums". I'm sure they gave, as well as celebrities and businesses (I'm told) but what was the amount and the end goal!? Was the goal met? Was it even "saveable" considering the accredidation issues. Also, I read in an article and it was mentioned on FB how basically the AME Church didn't support/back it when shyt hit the fan. Why not?

These are questions maybe a Morris Brown Alum can answer, or Cee depending on the day of the week :emlaugh:

Like I said Southern blacks are the weakest black folks in the world. All they do is conform to white man ways, but don't worry, these southern whites making sure they keep showing you and your kids how they feel about you, then you wanna cry and coward down, but get bad with black folks.

This has been going on for years. Mo Brown was a good school but nobody f-ed it up but the Administrators in charge and the alumni that didn't gas even after the truth came out.

Time to put a bullet in this broke leg horse.

Paine College and Tougaloo College are probably next.

:lol: Where did you hear that.

Tougaloo has just been handed the keys to WUFX MY35 tv station. :lol:
The two FOX stations, WDBD40 and WUFX MY35 was bought out buy the same company that owns WLBT TV3 last week. They said WDBD40 will be revamped and interviews on who will stay and go will begin shortly. They said that Tougaloo College will be given the MY35 TV frequency to run and operate.

Tougaloo is not going anywhere with the renovations and building going on at Tougaloo and County Line Road. :lol:

Tougaloo College Acquires WUFX-TV in Jackson

Broadens Academic Mission

JACKSON, Miss., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tougaloo College announced today that it had agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson, Mississippi. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.

"This is a remarkable opportunity for the College to further its academic mission, as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX," said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, President of Tougaloo College. "Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the College, as well.

"I also want to thank the Tougaloo College Board of Trustees for its role in making this acquisition a possibility, along with the generous gift by American Spirit Media to make it a reality. Without the leadership of our Board, this opportunity would not have come to fruition," concluded Dr. Hogan.

:lol: Where did you hear that.

Tougaloo has just been handed the keys to WUFX MY35 tv station. :lol:
The two FOX stations, WDBD40 and WUFX MY35 was bought out buy the same company that owns WLBT TV3 last week. They said WDBD40 will be revamped and interviews on who will stay and go will begin shortly. They said that Tougaloo College will be given the MY35 TV frequency to run and operate.

Tougaloo is not going anywhere with the renovations and building going on at Tougaloo and County Line Road. :lol:

Tougaloo College Acquires WUFX-TV in Jackson

Broadens Academic Mission

JACKSON, Miss., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tougaloo College announced today that it had agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson, Mississippi. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.

"This is a remarkable opportunity for the College to further its academic mission, as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX," said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, President of Tougaloo College. "Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the College, as well.

"I also want to thank the Tougaloo College Board of Trustees for its role in making this acquisition a possibility, along with the generous gift by American Spirit Media to make it a reality. Without the leadership of our Board, this opportunity would not have come to fruition," concluded Dr. Hogan.

I've been along County Line recently going to Tougaloo.... you are right. Tougaloo sittin aight right about now :lol:

Morris Brown owes employees thousands

Morris Brown College, which has been reeling from serious financial hardships for more than a decade – and is on the verge of a foreclosure – has not paid its employees in three months.

Some staff members are owed hundreds of thousands of dollars in accumulated back pay from an even longer period, and graduates come back to clean the school because nobody is being paid to do it.

Chemistry professor Gloria L. Anderson, for example, is owed $204,585, according to recently filed court documents.Toledo Riley, the director of recruitment and admissions, is owed $171,000. Hector Butts, who chairs the business administration department, is due $163,000. Vice president of student affairs Vivian El-Amin is awaiting $142,000.

“I knew it was a substantial amount of money, but I had not looked at my records,â€￾ said Jacqueline Pollard, the vice president of institutional advancement, “So I really don’t know how much I am owed.â€￾ The school owes her $205,000.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/morris-brown-owes-employees-thousands/nRPBx/

Tom Joyner approached them with an offer to pay off some of their debts some years ago and when it's paid it off Tom was going to give the school back. But their answer was they are going let the lord handle it. If they were wise they should have known that was probably the lord working through Tom Joyner to save their school. Pride and arrogance can make fools and idiots of men. The administration had their heads so far up their own asses with status , pride and arrogance.they could not see a good deal in Tom Joyner's offer. I guess they felt they were too good and so high mighty to accept Tom Joyner's offer. You can't lead with an ego and gratification of anything with the idea that you are the leader.president,etc. You have to lead with good common sense and good business common sense. And most of all good financial controls. That's why most black people are reluctant to give money to any cause really be it a school or some foundation. An image of good financial management to the public is a must for institutions like Morris Brown for the public to build trust in any admistration that they will manage the finances properly .

In the words of Whitley Gilbert's mother, "Die, why don't you just die!!"

On the real, this school has been on life support for over 10 years. Its a wrap. Other HBCUs need to take note. Even if they got all their debt paid, who would go there? There is too much competition in Atlanta now and that school's reputation is already destroyed.

Some of us here in Atlanta first said that 10 years ago. If a student can go to Clark Atlanta, Morehouse, Spelman, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Emory, Oglethorpe, Clayton State, Kennesaw State, Georgia Perimeter, Atlanta Metropolitan, Atlanta Tech, DeKalb Tech, Gwinnett Tech, Georgia Gwinnett, Chattahoochee Tech, Southern Poly, Life, DeVry, Phoenix, Strayer, AIU, SCAD-Atlanta, Brenau, and a few that I am probably missing, then why in the hell would they even consider Morris Brown? I'm actually confused as to why the 50 students that are left are even there considering the other options in Metro Atlanta and elsewhere.

Back