Floyd Irons is fired as VASHON High Schools Basketball Coach

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=100029

Floyd Irons Ousted As Vashon Basketball Coach, District Athletic Director
created: 7/11/2006 10:11:01 PM
updated: 7/12/2006 7:06:37 AM

(KSDK) - Vashon High School basketball coach Floyd Irons was essentially fired Tuesday night by the St. Louis School Board.

Irons served as the district's athletic director, as well Vashon's boys basketball coach. The school board voted to disband the district-wide department that Irons headed up.

The board's decision also included removing Irons as Vashon's basketball coach. He can still teach within the school district, but it won't be at Vashon.

Superintendent Creg Williams expressed frustration about the decision to fire Irons. He said he never had time to review the school board action, and wished that other options had been considered.

Irons said the decision was unfair and that it ignored the needs of the students in the St. Louis school district.

Irons came under fire earlier this year amid reports he spent large amounts of money without district approval. Among the purchases, a $50,000 scoreboard and athletic uniforms.

:smh:

LMAO...ok you got the city spendin millions on cobblestone crosswalks in a subpar neighborhood to a school that closed due to lack of money...and folk come down on this cat for a scoreboard and uniforms?

When I got there over 2 years ago the hot topic in the community was the ISD, when I left 2 years later it was the ISD, when I went up there to pick up a bike a couple of months ago and just happened to catch the morning talk show on the radio.....still all problems centered around the ISD. This is not good.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sonny,

I'll be in St. Louis next week. I'm going by the Frat House Wednesday evening to chat with some of the Bruhs. Is Mike Woods still hanging around?

SONNY said:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=100029

Floyd Irons Ousted As Vashon Basketball Coach, District Athletic Director
created: 7/11/2006 10:11:01 PM
updated: 7/12/2006 7:06:37 AM

(KSDK) - Vashon High School basketball coach Floyd Irons was essentially fired Tuesday night by the St. Louis School Board.

Irons served as the district's athletic director, as well Vashon's boys basketball coach. The school board voted to disband the district-wide department that Irons headed up.

The board's decision also included removing Irons as Vashon's basketball coach. He can still teach within the school district, but it won't be at Vashon.

Superintendent Creg Williams expressed frustration about the decision to fire Irons. He said he never had time to review the school board action, and wished that other options had been considered.

Irons said the decision was unfair and that it ignored the needs of the students in the St. Louis school district.

Irons came under fire earlier this year amid reports he spent large amounts of money without district approval. Among the purchases, a $50,000 scoreboard and athletic uniforms.

:smh:

When I attended Lincoln University my sophomore year Vashon had some good teams and I remembered when they played a tournament game @ Jefferson City High School. Bonner played then and played in the NBA with a few teams. He should get another chance to coach somewhere and maybe will get a chance as a SWAC assistant coach somewhere????

J-State said:
Sonny,

I'll be in St. Louis next week. I'm going by the Frat House Wednesday evening to chat with some of the Bruhs. Is Mike Woods still hanging around?

I havent seen him in a bit. Ill be at the house next wednesday dawg. HIt me up with a PM with your number. Ill also be there on Thursday helping with BINGO.

Did you go to Vashon team?

Back