Florida A&M University (FAMU) Receives $237 Million Gift

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just a wild guess, but i'm figuring he just wildly inflated the value of whatever this "stock" is. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no value in it at all considering how small his "company" is. You just cant get bamboozled like this as a University.

He first appeared on the news around 2017 in Birmingham, Alabama. Gerami, described in the story as a Texas developer, told a local news station he was in the process of purchasing an abandoned mall with plans to spend $480 million to renovate it into an entertainment complex with an indoor water park and resort, laser tag, paintball and bowling alley. Gerami never purchased the mall, and it has since been demolished and turned into an Amazon distribution center, according to AL.com.

Gerami told The Sun News Tuesday that project ended up not being a good fit due to a combination of high asbestos-abatement costs and an inability of the area to support such a development. He stayed out of the news until April 2023, when a Texas news station reported that the Batterson Farms Corp CEO had just purchased 114 acres of land in Muleshoe, Texas with plans to turn it into the largest commercial hydroponic hemp warehouse site in West Texas. But online property records show Gerami never purchased the land he showed the television station.

The Batterson Farms project did appear on the agenda in 2023 for the Muleshoe Economic Development Corporation for potential tax abatement incentives, but City Manager Ramon Sanchez told The Sun News the company hasn’t started any work and hardly communicated with the city or corporation since the news story published last year. Gerami told The Sun News they never told the news station they purchased the property. They had it under contract, but an issue related to an easement encroaching on the land forced them to look elsewhere, he said.

Batterson Farms Corp has had a hemp producers license in Texas since Dec. 2022, but it does not have any lot crop permits, which are required to grow or harvest hemp, a Texas Department of Agriculture spokesman told The Sun News last year. Gerami said the company has acquired a lot crop permit this year and has an interest in other entities with different licensing. The Texas Department of Agriculture spokesperson did not respond to a request Monday for an update on the Batterson Farms license. None of the addresses associated with Batterson Farms on file with the agriculture department or Texas Secretary of State are farmland, nor are any owned by Gerami, online property records show.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Let us know when they sell these "stocks". I will be waiting for the update.

Ken called y’all a bunch of dumb folks that don’t know shit about stocks & family trusts
😫😫😫😫😫

Clearly the Isaac Batterson Family doesn’t either... literally

RenderedImage.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
FAMU's board and foundation need to stop. With all the lying that is going on now at FAMU it appears ole boy was right at home.

On Tuesday, the university’s board vice chairman told The Tallahassee Democrat he didn’t know about the donation until it was publicly announced and was requesting an emergency board meeting to learn more.

This meeting is taking place because none of us, as I’m aware from this conversation, had any clue that this going on,” FAMU Foundation board member Chekesha Kidd said.

Is this the same money they used to claim a football championship when they didn't win one that year?

Last edited:
Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch. This is worst than Fred McNair resigning without a job in place. Hard to believe these folks are running an institution of higher education

Aye @Kenn Rashad you still trust the FAMU officials??
Nope! I'm done! I tried to give them folks the benefit of the doubt by giving them more credit for having a clue than those who accused them of not having a clue based on the information available at the time. But when members of the FAMU Foundation board indicate they had no idea this gift was being made, there is nothing else to defend.

I'm done!
Lets Go Ugh GIF by Law & Order

Back