FLO-JO.............Did she or didn't she?

players

Banned
flojo-1.jpg

track_200m_flojo298.jpg

Not speaking ill of the dearly departed and the woman I'm about to mention was and still is an all-time favorite of mine on and off the track during her time.

Knowing what people know now, do ya'll think the rumor's was true about FLO-JO using roids.
Back then nobody could figure it out since she really didn't "grow" like a weight lifter.

Now it is known these designer drug's could actually be used and are hard to detect even today with people knowing about them.

Do ya'll think she used them before other's was "in the know".
Remember Carl Lewis saying that the track world was infected with the use of new drug's that could not be detected even before Ben Johnson was caught.
Flo Jo was so much faster than the competition it was pathetic.

Looking back...................SAD TO SAY.
I think she did and it may have lead to her sudden death in her sleep just like these wrestler's of today.
They never did say just what the specific cause of death was.

flojo-1.jpg

track_200m_flojo298.jpg

Not speaking ill of the dearly departed and the woman I'm about to mention was and still is an all-time favorite of mine on and off the track during her time.

Knowing what people know now, do ya'll think the rumor's was true about FLO-JO using roids.
Back then nobody could figure it out since she really didn't "grow" like a weight lifter.

Now it is known these designer drug's could actually be used and are hard to detect even today with people knowing about them.

Remember Carl Lewis saying that the track world was infected with the use of new drug's that could not be detected even before Ben Johnson was caught.

I think she did and it may have lead to her sudden death in her sleep just like these wrestler's of today.

I remember seeing a story about her in November of last year. It was questioned whether or not she had use steroids. They showed some pictures of her when she was in college and then when she was in the Olympics. I think she knowingly took some type of performance enhancement drug because she had put on a lot of muscle-mass in a short period of time.

flojo-1.jpg

track_200m_flojo298.jpg

She's been dead for 10 years. If she was using, we're not gonna find out now. BTW, they did give a specific cause of death.
In 1998, Griffith-Joyner died in her sleep at her home in Mission Viejo, California. On October 22, the sheriff-coroner's office (required to investigate unexpected deaths) announced the cause of death as: "1) positional asphyxia 2) epileptiform seizure 3) cavernous angioma, left orbital frontal cerebrum".<SUP class=reference id=_ref-0>[1]</SUP>
The cavernous angioma referred to a brain abnormality discovered during the autopsy that made Joyner subject to seizures. It was a congenital defect, having developed before birth.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-1>[2]</SUP> In 1990 she had, according to a family attorney, suffered a grand mal seizure and had been treated for seizures in 1990, 1993 and 1994.
The direct cause of death was that she had suffocated in her pillow during a severe epileptic seizure.

I swear... I was thinking about this very same thing last week, and I was debating if I wanted to post a topic about it.

Bless her soul, but those times are suspect...just being real.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oq5JXVC8oM4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oq5JXVC8oM4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I swear... I was thinking about this very same thing last week, and I was debating if I wanted to post a topic about it.

Bless her soul, but those times are suspect...just being real.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oq5JXVC8oM4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oq5JXVC8oM4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I've been thinking about it for years.
Every since creams and clear's became everyday words.
This industry came into it's own at the same time she was blowing the world away with her speed that NOBODY else had at that time.

The same way Flo Jo pulled away from the field is the same way Marion Jones pulled away from the field when she hit the scene with FLO JO being even faster than Marion ever was. :eek:

I've been thinking about it for years.
Every since creams and clear's became everyday words.
This industry came into it's own at the same time she was blowing the world away with her speed that NOBODY else had at that time.

The same way Flo Jo pulled away from the field is the same way Marion Jones pulled away from the field when she hit the scene only FLO JO was even faster. :eek:

The main thing was that her speeds were so much greater than her own personal bests and that she retired immediately afterwards. I've read reports where her times were wind-aided, but even that doesn't account for the huge descrepancy. But this is all circumstancial. Like I said, if she was using, we aren't gonna find out now. Unless her husband or sister in law(Jackie-Joyner Kersee) tells it.

The main thing was that her speeds were so much greater than her own personal bests and that she retired immediately afterwards. I've read reports where her times were wind-aided, but even that doesn't account for the huge descrepancy. But this is all circumstancial. Like I said, if she was using, we aren't gonna find out now. Unless her husband or sister in law(Jackie-Joyner Kersee) tells it.

All true.
I just wanted to ask the question out loud for once since everybody now know what chemist were doing behind the scene's now. :tup:

I remember wind aided report's and just like you said it still don't account as to why the wind didn't help the other's keep up or how her time's skyrocketed.

Look at that clip of her running.
She could have given everybody a 3 step lead and still walked them down with ease. :lol:

The answer to the question is probably. It's pretty impossible to change your body that dramatically in that short amount of time. For all the talk about Barry Bonds, his transformation took place over the course of years, Flo-Jo's physique (and performance) changed in months. It didn't help that Ben Johnson, whom she had sought out for training advice, was ultimately banned from the sport for doping. Still, track has been a combination of training, ability, and chemistry for decades now. There are probably very few "clean" athletes, especially at the top tier of the sport. The sport is corrupt and the organizations overseeing it are corrupt, and the people designing the performance enhancing drugs are light years ahead of those trying to catch them. In many ways, it is an issue of jealousy, as those with lesser talents and chemists look to out those performing better, all while being cheaters themselves. For instance, the sport was dirty long before and during the time where Carl Lewis was dominating it, but he didn't seem to care about doping until he started losing races.

The answer to the question is probably. It's pretty impossible to change your body that dramatically in that short amount of time. For all the talk about Barry Bonds, his transformation took place over the course of years, Flo-Jo's physique (and performance) changed in months. It didn't help that Ben Johnson, whom she had sought out for training advice, was ultimately banned from the sport for doping. Still, track has been a combination of training, ability, and chemistry for decades now. There are probably very few "clean" athletes, especially at the top tier of the sport. The sport is corrupt and the organizations overseeing it are corrupt, and the people designing the performance enhancing drugs are light years ahead of those trying to catch them. In many ways, it is an issue of jealousy, as those with lesser talents and chemists look to out those performing better, all while being cheaters themselves. For instance, the sport was dirty long before and during the time where Carl Lewis was dominating it, but he didn't seem to care about doping until he started losing races.

co-sign

LEAVE HER ALONE!!! :kaioken: She never took any drugs! :mad: :confused: :angry:

Calm down DUUUUUUUUDE. :lol:
Ain't trying to start nothing on Flo-Jo. :)

Nothing about roid's and Flo-jo matter's at this point but I just wanted to hear what people thought about the rumor's that were out there when she was running now that the full scope of how these product's were developed and how they work without detection came out.

Back then when a person said ROIDS, everybody said "show me the needle marks".
Today's roids that were developed back then don't require a needle.

I remember Flo-jo's husband on TV in tear's blasting people about bringing roid's up the day after she died.:smh:

I think she was juiced. Like JSU/99 pointed out, her personal bests got much faster real quick. She wasn't even a top 100M sprinter. She was a good 400M runner. Then she became the greatest 100M sprinter all of a sudden.

As for her looks, she wore way too much make-up for my taste. She was fine as hell,tho.

Hell, everybody in T&F is using. Justin Gatlin just got suspended for 4 years. I wonder if Tyson Gay and that Jamaican dude gonna get caught.

She can't be disturbed.

That's what I thought to, but perhaps she really can hear us from the grave. Nobody in the thread has disrespected her, just discussed something that is without question part of her legacy as a track star.
Please never tell anybody else to RIP on here!!!! Leave the damn woman alone...... What if it was your deceased mother, sister, wife, etc......"past life" being disturbed? You'd be ready to kill somebody..... People kill me with double standards!!:smh:

Please never tell anybody else to RIP on here!!!! Leave the damn woman alone...... What if it was your deceased mother, sister, wife, etc......"past life" being disturbed? You'd be ready to kill somebody..... People kill me with double standards!!:smh:

Ya'll really need to calm the hell down.
I just asked a question and did not disrespect this woman.

But as usual, black people act like just discussing something like grown arse people is a crime.

Close the thread before people here start singing gospel songs. :smh:

Ya'll really need to calm the hell down.
I just asked a question and did not disrespect this woman.

But as usual, black people act like just discussing something like grown arse people is a crime.

Close the thread before people here start singing gospel songs. :smh:
Some things should be left alone....... Its called respect!!

Back