Ex Ohio State RB headed to JSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldsweat

Drink & Be Merry!
Former Ohio State running back Erik Haw has announced he will play football for Jackson State University this fall.

Haw, who has three years of eligibility remaining, picked the Tigers over UCLA, Arizona State, Rutgers and West Virginia. He will be eligible to play immediately.

JSU snags ex-Ohio State RB

The SWAC aint gon know what hit em! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So since he played(rode the bench) for Ohio State, he is suppose to be a SWAC star at JSU? I hate when transfers come in thinking they can automatically start at a SWAC school since they came from a major. We have a transfer running back from Alabama who came in thinking the same thing and he been on the bench every since he got here.

DAHILL said:
So since he played(rode the bench) for Ohio State, he is suppose to be a SWAC star at JSU? I hate when transfers come in thinking they can automatically start at a SWAC school since they came from a major. We have a transfer running back from Alabama who came in thinking the same thing and he been on the bench every since he got here.
LOL :lmao:

DAHILL said:
So since he played(rode the bench) for Ohio State, he is suppose to be a SWAC star at JSU? I hate when transfers come in thinking they can automatically start at a SWAC school since they came from a major. We have a transfer running back from Alabama who (SUCKED)came in thinking the same thing and he been on the bench every since he got here.

Um....DAHILL! :shame: :lol:

High School:
Rated as the top running back in the Midwest (five state region) by SuperPrep, which rated him as the 11th best running back in the nation ...also rated as the 18th best running back in the nation by Prep Football Report and the 58th best overall prospect in the country by TheInsiders.com ... averaged more that 8 yards per carry as a senior and shared Ohio Division II Offensive Player of the Year honors ... rushed for 1,271 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior ... also a track standout at Independence, running the 100 and 200-meter dashes and participating with the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400-meter relay teams ... was a state qualifier in track.

Erik Haw

I remember reading about Haw. He runs a 4.29 40. :eek: :eek: He didn't like to run between the tackles. He bounced everything outside.

So I'm guessin he didn't quite cut the mustard at Ohio State since their starting running back really... Wasn't too good and Haw didn't get any PT still. Besides that will the line even be good enough to allow him to ,make it to the outside in the first place lol

unknown1 said:
So I'm guessin he didn't quite cut the mustard at Ohio State since their starting running back really... Wasn't too good and Haw didn't get any PT still. Besides that will the line even be good enough to allow him to ,make it to the outside in the first place lol

:read: Keep thinking that! :cool:

What in the hell makes you think Pittman, their starting RB wasn't that good! :confused: :retard:

As for the O-line....wait and watch! :emlaugh:

coldsweat said:
Um....DAHILL! :shame: :lol:

High School:
Rated as the top running back in the Midwest (five state region) by SuperPrep, which rated him as the 11th best running back in the nation ...also rated as the 18th best running back in the nation by Prep Football Report and the 58th best overall prospect in the country by TheInsiders.com ... averaged more that 8 yards per carry as a senior and shared Ohio Division II Offensive Player of the Year honors ... rushed for 1,271 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior ... also a track standout at Independence, running the 100 and 200-meter dashes and participating with the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400-meter relay teams ... was a state qualifier in track.

Erik Haw

Im not saying that he isnt good... its that "Im already a starter" mentality that I dont like....Like he is a shoe in for the starting job because of where he came from.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nice pick up Tigers. We know Comegy ain't playing. The SWAC East should be very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing some good football

DAHILL said:
Im not saying that he isnt good... its that "Im already a starter" mentality that I dont like....Like he is a shoe in for the starting job because of where he came from.

But who's annointing him the starter? We have Pittman transferring and a highly touted JUCO back(Lavarus Giles) who was just as touted as Haw coming out of highschool. Not to mention Kennebrew is still here - he's not just going to law down. Haw will have to earn his carries. Competition should be fierce. :tup:

DAHILL said:

Oh...okay! :tup: I see what you're saying!

DAHILL said:

Exactly! UAPB had a transfer WR from West Virginia 2 years, he could not cut the mustard in the grades and on the field.

I hope he is good and that he will be able to be productive in this conference. This conference is in desperate need for competiveness. Any type of presence by Jackson State will help further solidify the SWAC as a legit football conference and not a race between Grambling and Southern. Here is the story on Erik Haw.

1st the good!

He is a player listed at running back who I have mostly evaluated as a kick returner, but showed feature back potential in my limited analysis of him
He possesses a good combination of size and speed, with a nice sturdy build to his frame, the limited amount of carries he was given he showed excellent vision and cutback skills unique for a player of his size, with the acceleration and speed to take it the distance
He seemed to show the physical toughness to run between the tackles on a consistent basis, with the leg drive and strength to gain yardage after first contact from defenders, with the ability to bounce plays to the outside for large gainers and keep defenses honest
The only thing holding this potential feature running back is the coaching staff, to me he is the best overall running back on the 2005 OSU roster, even with his limited amount of carries he showed me the most upside and ability on the 2005-2006 roster

Now the bad!
Ohio State running back Erik Haw was cited by university police Wednesday night for possession of marijuana, according to head coach Jim Tressel. According to police and court records, an Ohio State police officer said he saw Haw and two other men outside the Baker Hall dormitory just after 7 p.m. As the officer approached, he said Haw dropped something from his left hand. Haw then walked to the police cruiser, and that's when the officer said he smelled an odor of marijuana. The officer then asked Haw if what he dropped was a "blunt." The officer said Haw nodded his head in an affirmative manner. The officer said he found a marijuana cigarette. "I am disappointed to hear about the situation with Erik," Tressel said in a news release while attending Big Ten meetings in Chicago. "As soon as I get back to town and learn all the details, we will deal with it in an appropriate manner. "Anytime one of our student-athletes does something that is inappropriate, it is very discouraging," Tressel said. Haw, a redshirt freshman from Columbus, carried the ball 16 times in the Spring Game for 86 yards and a touchdown. The university said Haw, who attended Independence High School, will be required to enter a management and education training program and will undergo frequent evaluation, monitoring and testing by the department's management team. Haw is scheduled to appear in court May 27. If convicted, the maximum penalty is $100. Haw's former coach at Independence High School said that if the incident did happen, Haw would learn from the small mistake and move on, Burton reported.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=735

DaTruth4u said:
I
Now the bad!
Ohio State running back Erik Haw was cited by university police Wednesday night for possession of marijuana, according to head coach Jim Tressel. According to police and court records, an Ohio State police officer said he saw Haw and two other men outside the Baker Hall dormitory just after 7 p.m. As the officer approached, he said Haw dropped something from his left hand. Haw then walked to the police cruiser, and that's when the officer said he smelled an odor of marijuana. The officer then asked Haw if what he dropped was a "blunt." The officer said Haw nodded his head in an affirmative manner. The officer said he found a marijuana cigarette. "I am disappointed to hear about the situation with Erik," Tressel said in a news release while attending Big Ten meetings in Chicago. "As soon as I get back to town and learn all the details, we will deal with it in an appropriate manner. "Anytime one of our student-athletes does something that is inappropriate, it is very discouraging," Tressel said. Haw, a redshirt freshman from Columbus, carried the ball 16 times in the Spring Game for 86 yards and a touchdown. The university said Haw, who attended Independence High School, will be required to enter a management and education training program and will undergo frequent evaluation, monitoring and testing by the department's management team. Haw is scheduled to appear in court May 27. If convicted, the maximum penalty is $100. Haw's former coach at Independence High School said that if the incident did happen, Haw would learn from the small mistake and move on, Burton reported.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=735

I still dont think that peoples character should be judged off smoking WEED.... the smartest people in this country smoked weed. Yes its illegal, but I wouldnt say he was a "problem kid" because he got caught with a blunt. Hell I have been caught more than one time, but I have never harmed anyone in any type of way or been a "menace to society"

PVJAGUAR said:
JSU seems to be trying just about anything, is it that bad?:fart:
what SWAC school wouldnt want him? I have no problem with him except for his attitude saying that he just needed a week... He thinks he can come in in a week and take what others have been working 2 and 3 years for. I would start his ass off at the bottom of the depth chart and he would have to EARN everything.

DAHILL said:
what SWAC school wouldnt want him? I have no problem with him except for his attitude saying that he just needed a week... He thinks he can come in in a week and take what others have been working 2 and 3 years for. I would start his ass off at the bottom of the depth chart and he would have to EARN everything.

And that's exactly what Comegy is going to do! :lol: Considering he is going to have to compete against highly touted recruit Lavarous Jiles, and Olandus Rogers, plus Kennebrew and Pittman! :lol:

This is really going to turn out to be a good battle! :scared: :tup:

Victor Ike - a PROVEN Big 12 back did nothing in the SWAC....ain't worth getting excited over until they actually perform. Wasn't Brian Darden of JSU a top rated back in high school but ended playing defense at JSU?

Most legitimate transfers who can come in and contribute imemdiately in the past has been quarterbacks, receivers and linemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back