ESPN's Mel Kiper has Tavaris Jackson going....

Re: ESPN's Mel Kiper has.....

uapbpower said:
If Tavaris Jackson can get drafted I know Mickey Dean can go in the second round in 2008!:jump:

Just when you thought it was safe to post on TSPN...here comes a Mickey Dean reference...

NOTE to Uapbpower: You know you're setting yourself up for getting smacked this fall with all this Mickey Dean talk...

uapbpower said:
If Tavaris Jackson can get drafted I know Mickey Dean can go in the second round in 2008!:jump:
Who in the hell is Mickey Dean, and what has he ever done?

DaTruth4u said:
You know the sausage guy. Oh no wait, that's Jimmy Dean.
Dude, you sound silly. Everyone knows Mickey Dean. He was the YT guy that was from the 60's or 70's era that use to have those boxes of cigarettes rolled up in his sleeves and his hair looked like a wet mouse slicked backed. He was branded the "Rebel without a pause" or something like that.

jd16.jpg

Blacknbengal said:
Dude, you sound silly. Everyone knows Mickey Dean. He was the YT guy that was from the 60's or 70's era that use to have those boxes of cigarettes rolled up in his sleeves and his hair looked like a wet mouse slicked backed. He was branded the "Rebel without a pause" or something like that.

jd16.jpg

And that's supposed to be UAPB's bread and butter next season?:mrt:

DaTruth4u said:
And that's supposed to be UAPB's bread and butter next season?:mrt:
Dude, you know UAPB. They'll ride a wild boar if they believe that it will take them to the promise land.

Blacknbengal said:

jd16.jpg

DaTruth4u said:
And that's supposed to be UAPB's bread and butter next season?
We gotta get uapbpower back on his medicine.....

enswaclopedia said:
Who in the hell is Mickey Dean, and what has he ever done?

If you wanted to know Mickey Dean is the best running back in the SWAC for your information. What has he ever done? Parade-All American Candidate in high school at Little Rock Central and led them to two state championships. Originally recruited by Arkansas but signed with UAPB. He was the SWAC freshmen of the year rushing for 800yd in only 9 games played. According to some NFL scouts Mickey Dean will be a top draft pick if he stays at UAPB for the next three years. Possessing 4.3 speed and cat quick cutting ability now you know Mickey Dean. When he come to your town remember these words.

Mickey Dean right, Mickey dean left, Mickey Dean touchdown

On ESPN's pre-draft show he said that Jackson could go as high as the 3rd round and that he has the strongest arm out of all the Qb's in the draft.

uapbpower said:
If you wanted to know Mickey Dean is the best running back in the SWAC for your information. What has he ever done? Parade-All American Candidate in high school at Little Rock Central and led them to two state championships. Originally recruited by Arkansas but signed with UAPB. He was the SWAC freshmen of the year rushing for 800yd in only 9 games played. According to some NFL scouts Mickey Dean will be a top draft pick if he stays at UAPB for the next three years. Possessing 4.3 speed and cat quick cutting ability now you know Mickey Dean. When he come to your town remember these words.

Mickey Dean right, Mickey dean left, Mickey Dean touchdown

I'm getting tired of seeing you talk this crap about this sorry dude. If you want him to stay healthy. You may want to bench his arse when playing AAMU. He got .08 ypc against us. That's not the sign of a great RB. :tdown: So please kill that noise. :shh:

Mickey Dean ain't worth crap to a consistent RUN DEFENSE like AAMU

:lmao: at this thread. I thought it suppose to be about Tavaris Jackson. And yall let my man uapbpower get in some of yall heads about Mickey Dean?:lmao:

Fiyah said:
On ESPN's pre-draft show he said that Jackson could go as high as the 3rd round and that he has the strongest arm out of all the Qb's in the draft.

U took the words right out of my mouth. I know he whould be rated higher than Charlie Whitehurst. Whitehurst is STRAIGHT GARBAGE. He's too erratic.

Tavaris Jackson

THE SLEEPER

I've watched about seven or eight quarterbacks on tape pretty closely. But in my position, it's just not easy to get enough game film. I'm not paid to do this draft evaluation; I just do it because I'm nosy.

But there was one quarterback I saw, albeit very briefly, who really caught my eye. I saw two throws made by Alabama State quarterback Tavaris Jackson, and I was really impressed. Then I saw a few more throws from him on NFL Network from his workout at the combine, and to say I was intrigued is an understatement. Wow!

It looked big-time. Not just okay or good. What little I saw looked big-time. Then I found out a little bit about him. He started out at Arkansas and transferred to Alabama State because he was going to sit behind Matt Jones and Arkansas wanted him to switch positions. So he was good enough to be recruited by a Division I-A school and he must be a good athlete if they were willing to move him to another position.

Jackson has good size, he's muscular, and has a fluid throwing motion, very fluid. He looked natural. We'll see what happens.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9393386

Not sure if anyone has read this are if it is posted god information though! Go SWAC!!

TSU TIGERNUPE,

Thanks for posting the above article. Those are great comments coming from former NFL QB, Phil Simms. :tup:

There's also an article about Tarvaris Jackson in the latest edition (draft edition) of ESPN The Magazine, titled 'SUPER SLEEPER'.

Check it out.

Re: Tavaris Jackson

I've been reading different articles and T Jackson's name is definitely out there. He's getting good reviews.
:tup:

mighty hornet said:
I've been reading different articles and T Jackson's name is definitely out there. He's getting good reviews.
It goes to show that the NFL ain't just about numbers. They look for things you ain't gone find on a stat sheet. Jackson has that "it" they are looking for, apparently.

Can't wait to hear his name called.

Robber said:
It goes to show that the NFL ain't just about numbers. They look for things you ain't gone find on a stat sheet. Jackson has that "it" they are looking for, apparently.

Can't wait to hear his name called.

I disagree w/ you Robber. The fact that he has gotten the looks that have alllowed himt o move up draft boards is because of the numbers. Jackson fits the size, build, and mold of NFL quterbacks. Without those numbers, his other numbers probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

But I am excited for the kid and I hope he goes on Day one, although I see early day two being a more likely scenerio.

mighty hornet said:

......and to think, you used to call me crazy when I said TJ was the man.:lmao:

NICE

Back