EB - Let's talk

Jafus (Thinker)

CLeB28 and I told you earlier during the preseason about the quarterbacks from Texas A & M and Texas and their coaches ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
J, I have to give it to Vince Young. He is a big play player.

Anyway, we all know that something is wrong in College Station. It is not just former TAMU coach Jackie Sherrill saying it either. But I still liked what McNeil did despite his team's record.

BTW I was also impressed by the performances of D.J. Shockley, Troy Hudson and West Virginia's quarterbacks. I wonder if the Atlanta Falcon coaches saw how Ohio State used Troy Hudson.

Reggie was better suited for the offense TAMU ran last year. The offense was change this year. Coach Fran is probably as good or better than Mack Brown as a coach. Reggie did not have the supporting cast that Vincent had. All things being equal Reggie would put up similar numbers to Vincent.

A smart GM would take Reggie Bush and pick up Reggie in the second or third round.

Vincent Young is a great player in the right place at the right time.

Reggie McNeil is great player in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reggie number were good despite injuries and a hapless offensive line, no receivers and no running game.

Fran, should have listened to John Outlaw and ran the spread offense.

East Tex Tiger said:
Reggie was better suited for the offense TAMU ran last year. The offense was change this year. Coach Fran is probably as good or better than Mack Brown as a coach. Reggie did not have the supporting cast that Vincent had. All things being equal Reggie would put up similar numbers to Vincent.

A smart GM would take Reggie Bush and pick up Reggie in the second or third round.

Vincent Young is a great player in the right place at the right time.

Reggie McNeil is great player in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reggie number were good despite injuries and a hapless offensive line, no receivers and no running game.

Fran, should have listened to John Outlaw and ran the spread offense.

I agree 100% and could not have said it better myself. Even though A&M had great freshman classes in '00 and '03, a lot of players, especially from '00, did not stay. But for the last three-years, McNeil had to have a great game for A&M to win moreso than Young did.

Still, I think that McNeil deserves to be drafted by an NFL team.

Back