Earl Woods (Tiger Woods Fatjer) "RIP"

Re: Tiger Woods Father Died

Wow! I just heard this on 790 The Zone over the internet.

May God give peace and comfort to the Woods family in this, their moment of bereavement.

Prayers Up,
Amen

:angel2:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Sorry to hear this.

Big Earl had a very great and positive influence on young Tiger. It was good to see Tiger always respect him and acknowledge the impact he had on his life, especially with black men getting reamed the way we do.

And before anyone gets started, I know that for some it's deserved. But to lump or generalize all of us into the category of being deserved to be reamed is wrong. That's what I like about what Tiger did. Michael and Magic did also. Shaq does the same thing with his pop.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Woods.

Regards.

Killer Bees said:
I just heard this. I am still researching details.

Tiger learned a lot from his Dad and it goes to show you how having a fatherly figure helps you in life struggles. Tiger was taught how to win at an early age and Earl is really going to be missed but the Tiger dream lives on. A very sad day and I read it on ESPN.

Lord, be with the Woods family at this hour or bereavement. In Jesus name Amen!

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Guys get your prostate checked!!!

DSN, I have heard you (or have seen you type this) on more than one occassion. It is something that I have wrestled with for a very long time. I really think it is psychological with me, but I have given in to common sense and I am going next month. I really do dread going but I fully realize that the upside definitely beats the downside.

Brothers, your encouragement is appreciated.

Also, before someone else says it, I know this may be :topic: , but it felt like the right place to say it.

Big Thunder said:
DSN, I have heard you (or have seen you type this) on more than one occassion. It is something that I have wrestled with for a very long time. I really think it is psychological with me, but I have given in to common sense and I am going next month. I really do dread going but I fully realize that the upside definitely beats the downside.

Also, before someone else says it, I know this may be :topic: , but it felt like the right place to say it.

Frat, do it.

It's something I've been going through for a few months now. Not cancer, yet but check it for general healthiness. You're around my age. (I'm a little older, I thinK) and now is the time for getting checked. It really ain't all it's cracked up the be. Do it for those cats in the pictures sake. And the lady too!

AEA

My Prayers are with the Woods Family. It was wonderful to see and read how powerful of a role model Woods Father was to him. :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

Bengal E said:
Frat, do it.

It's something I've been going through for a few months now. Not cancer, yet but check it for general healthiness. You're around my age. (I'm a little older, I thinK) and now is the time for getting checked. It really ain't all it's cracked up the be. Do it for those cats in the pictures sake. And the lady too!

AEA

Fa Sho Frat! I appreciate your feedback

Big Thunder said:

Bruh you have my support. Both of grandfather's died from it....

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/sports/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1146683671234840.xml&storylist=

This is sad, but Earl has certainly did his job as a father, and a black man. I remember when Tiger was walking through the amatuer ranks, Earl as brash as he could be, told the world that his son would be the best golfer they'd ever see, and the media took the story, and ran away with it. Calling him crazy, arrogant, and out of his mind. Little did they know, that the man knew his son. Funny thing though, they said the same things about Richard Williams when he talked about his daughters.

Earl has also increased golf awareness, and interest in the black community, something that wasn't done before. Though on a small scale, it was another step in blacks doing something great that was supposed to be white only.

RIP Mr. Woods.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Brothers..I may do the same...My grandfather died of the same thing back in 89 (Dad's dad). (But grand dad also smoked and chewed tobacco as well) My dad get's his checked and has been talking to me and my brother about it.

Thanks DSN.

Condolences to the WOODS Family.

Its hard to lose a father to cancer. :smh:

I can't imagine losing my father. My heart goes out to Tiger. He's really gonna tear up the tour now.

Everytime I see something like this I think of all the talk about black men not being in the home....then I think of my peers....and I'm like damn...is this really some BS.

ESPN had a very moving feature during their late night Sportscenter broadcast last night. I couldn't fight back the tears when they showed the excerpt of Mr. Woods talking about the bearhug he and Tiger shared when he won his first Masters, and when Tiger was talking about his dad not being at last year's tournament due to his illness. He said, "I can't wait to get home and give him a big bear hug!" I couldn't take it. :bawling:

May God comfort the hearts of the Woods family.

Back