Dwayne Wade is not the best player in the NBA

D-NICE said:
In my opinion there isn't one clear cut "best" player in the league
NICE
Yes there is....its Kobe.
The other cats are good, but the best player is Kobe.
1st team all offense and defense
lead the league in scoring
but whatever

Get Ready said:
Yes there is....its Kobe.
The other cats are good, but the best player is Kobe.
1st team all offense and defense
lead the league in scoring
but whatever

And he get's NO CALLS. It's almost like the league hates on him. He does what he does despite the absence of phantom fouls that Wade abused and Jordan made famous.

UAPB '97 said:
Kobe shot more free throws this past season than Wade, so he must get some calls.....

He scored more than Wade this season too !!! Has more title rings than Wade etc. etc. etc.

That statement wasn't necessarily about comparing Wade's season to Kobe's. It was directed at the abscence of (respect) type calls that NBA elite players get. Kobe doesn't get those calls in the lane in the 4th quarter of close games.

I'll bet Wade set a world record for PHANTOM calls in and NBA finals as well !!!!

Kobe gets many of the same calls. I remember VIVIDLY a call against Wally Szczerbiak in the '04 playoffs where Kobe pumped, Wally BARELY bit, leaned SLIGHTLY forward, might have BARELY brushed Kobe. 3 shots. And this was in the fourth quarter. Every time Kobe drives and yells "HEY!!!", he gets the call.....

DonTiger said:
He scored more than Wade this season too !!! Has more title rings than Wade etc. etc. etc.

That statement wasn't necessarily about comparing Wade's season to Kobe's. It was directed at the abscence of (respect) type calls that NBA elite players get. Kobe doesn't get those calls in the lane in the 4th quarter of close games.

I'll bet Wade set a world record for PHANTOM calls in and NBA finals as well !!!!
I wasn't comparing their seasons. I was saying that Wade & Kobe both get their calls....

UAPB '97 said:
Kobe gets many of the same calls. I remember VIVIDLY a call against Wally Szczerbiak in the '04 playoffs where Kobe pumped, Wally BARELY bit, leaned SLIGHTLY forward, might have BARELY brushed Kobe. 3 shots. And this was in the fourth quarter. Every time Kobe drives and yells "HEY!!!", he gets the call.....

Dude you went back to '04. We are talking about NOW...since he has become an antagonist in this league.

jag4life said:
Dude you went back to '04. We are talking about NOW...since he has become an antagonist in this league.
I went back to the last time LA was good....

SONNY said:
One of the Coldest Dunks ever seen.

Damn, where is John Starks at now?
Sonny

He was run out of the league by David Stern. Starks had the nerve to dunk on MJ and that ended his career. Starks also used to play decent defense on MJ and Stern didnt like that either. After that dunk, it was all downhill.

jag4life said:
...last time Kobe was "kinda" liked.
I don't know if it's about people or the league liking him.... AI used to get all his calls when he was labelled a 'thug'.....

On pure talent Kobe is the best, but as part of a team, no. That's were Wade has him. Them dudes on the lakers don't like kobe but after what happened to shaq, they know to smile and shut up

DonTiger said:
Kobe doesn't get those calls in the lane in the 4th quarter of close games.

Man, y'all need to quit. Kobe still gets phantom calls. Remember the infamous "CHIN FOULING THE ELBOW" incident? Kobe get's away with a lot of fouls hisself.

Lewis said:
On pure talent Kobe is the best, but as part of a team, no. That's were Wade has him. Them dudes on the lakers don't like kobe but after what happened to shaq, they know to smile and shut up

Well, let's ask some of his old players what they think of Kobe and the Lakers......

Uh, Chucky do you think Kobe is a team player and can he lead them to the Finals and do you think there need to be offseason moves to improve this team?

3391.jpg

"I ain't the GM of this team," Atkins told the Los Angeles Times. "Kobe's the GM of this team. Ask Kobe. You've been watching this [explicit] all year. You've been watching it and I've been playing in it."

When asked further, Atkins said, "I don't want to answer these questions. It's Easter."

First-year Lakers guard Chucky Atkins was asked before Sunday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers what offseason moves he'd make to improve the team.

"I ain't no GM. Ask Kobe. He's the GM. It's his team," Atkins said.

"Confidence is down, morale is down," Lakers guard Chucky Atkins said afterward.

DonTiger said:

Man, I was at the game when the Lakers played the Hornets in the NO Arena this season. I'll bet you everyone there would tell you that Kobe got all of the phantom "respect" calls that night. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter!

You Wade haters are talking about FOUL SHOTS...like thats all he could do...

It seems you all are forgetting the continous jumpers He dropped on the Mavs.

He was flat out un-guardable in the finals.

What could you do...you play off he MAKES the jumper. You have to make that shot first.

You come up he blows by you, or pump fakes the jumper for a foul.

Makes the free throws.

If you didn't foul and played tough defense he simply out jumped you or hung in the air long enough in order to get the shot over you.

All that translates to being un guardable

Of course Kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters on this same Mavs team...so go figure who's the best.

I don't know...its a toss up but the NBA future really looks bright with Wade, Kobe, & Bron battling it out

Back