Dwayne Wade is not the best player in the NBA

uapbpower

Eventhough Miami won the NBA championship with a little help from the refs the Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade is probably still number #3 in the league behind #1 Kobe Bryant #2 Lebron James . How would you rank them SWAC fans? I have read many articles on the finals and Dwayne Wade's play was dictated by the refs and I think its bad for the NBA and somehow I have lost interest in the NBA especially the officiating. Wade is a good player but he is no Micheal Jordan or Scottie Pippen or even Magic or Bird . And I will not put him up there with anybody including the top 50 players in NBA history. Wade to me is just your average basketball player and really the finals came down to coaching and Pat Riley just outcoached Avery Johnson. Wade got a lot free throws and easy fouls and he got away with a lot of things. I blame it own the officiating and the NBA need some improvement before next year. Finally, Dwayne Wade to me don't represent the NBA like Micheal Jordan and never will because it was unfair the way he was treated in this final.

1) Wade may not be better than Kobe, but he is a heck of alot smarter. He knew he needed Shaq, Gary Payton, Zo, Antwine Walker to win. So he alway gave them their respect, no matter what. So none of them minded giveing him the spotlite when he needed it, and all were ready to step up when they needed. ( GP with the jumper he hit in Game 4, ZO with all them blocks, Antwine with his 3 quarter in game 6,) Lebron is smart enough also to know he needs his teammates. Kobe is just starting to figure it out.

2) Don't tell me about Jordan and officiating, All the damn palming and carrying he used to do and pushing off before he shot. Although I don't care for a lot of the officiating. It sure as hell didn't start with Wade.

NBA Finals MVP Trophies

Dwayne Wade: 1
2006_06_21t094744_450x353_us_nba_finals_wade.jpg

Kobe Bryant: 0
bryant_kobe0523.jpg

uapbpower said:
Eventhough Miami won the NBA championship with a little help from the refs the Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade is probably still number #3 in the league behind #1 Kobe Bryant #2 Lebron James . How would you rank them SWAC fans? I have read many articles on the finals and Dwayne Wade's play was dictated by the refs and I think its bad for the NBA and somehow I have lost interest in the NBA especially the officiating. Wade is a good player but he is no Micheal Jordan or Scottie Pippen or even Magic or Bird . And I will not put him up there with anybody including the top 50 players in NBA history. Wade to me is just your average basketball player and really the finals came down to coaching and Pat Riley just outcoached Avery Johnson. Wade got a lot free throws and easy fouls and he got away with a lot of things. I blame it own the officiating and the NBA need some improvement before next year. Finally, Dwayne Wade to me don't represent the NBA like Micheal Jordan and never will because it was unfair the way he was treated in this final.

What you're failing to realize is that the dude averaged 36 pts in the finals and shot over 50%. If you call that average then you obviously have a few screws missing and you're talking about putting him in the 50 greatest players ever hell I wouldn't yet either because it's only his 3rd year. I wouldn't put Lebron in the 50 greatest either. I tell you one thing though he sure has accomplished more in his 3rd year than both players you mentioned.

uapbpower said:
Dude, you been doing some serious hatin' on Wade throughout the playoffs. I don't know what you are seeing, that boy can flat out play.:slap: :slap:

Man, U know D Wade be doing it! Don't hate, appreciate the talent. This guy just carried his team to a championship. D Wade was a fierce warrior that lead his team to victory over a team with superior talent. Honestly, I don't think Miami was suppose to win the series. However, I am a big D Wade fan. The only other wing player other than Wade that could have possibly carried this same team to victory is L James.:wavey:

uapbpower said:

:read:

uapbpower said:
GR agrees with you on some points.....#1 Kobe, #2 Lebron and so on...and the officiating really sucked. You dont think for one second that Stern was going to let Mark Cuban have that trophy do you?

Thats about all TGO agrees with you on. Wade is much better than Pippen. Average? How can he be the 3rd best player in the league (as you say) and still be average? He did get a lot of calls (David Sterns doing), but he does go to the hole a lot.

And finally, Wade was jut like Jordan in this final. Jordan got all the calls too...even more so than Wade. Jordan even got away with the most famous push off in history in an NBA finals. Even when players did play decent defense on Jordan, the refs would foul that player out (JOhn Starks). John Starks was run out of the league cause he slammed (left handed, Superman style) on Jordan, Pippen, and Horance Grant in an Eastern conference finals game. You arent suppose to do that to his majesty.

D. Wade did get a LOT of calls. I got sick of seeing him at the line. But I will admit there were a number times throughout the series where the Mavs were supposed to be playing a zone defense and the lil Wade kid just walked right through....

If they stopped fouling him, then he wouldn't be on the line that many times. But forget all that............................................This is the same nigra that never misses a chance to pull Mickey Dean as the best thing since sliced bread, but Dwyane Wade, a Finals MVP and world champion is just average??? Man STFU!!!!!!!!!

Anyone is average compared to Mickey Dean. Walter Payton? Jerry Rice? Lance Armstrong? Jesse Owens? All peons compared to Mr. DEAN!

Question

Why would you take Lebron over Kobe?
Lebron doesnt play any defense
Hell Im surprised he crosses half court on defense most of the time.

Get Ready said:
John Starks was run out of the league cause he slammed (left handed, Superman style) on Jordan, Pippen, and Horance Grant in an Eastern conference finals game. You arent suppose to do that to his majesty.

The Infamous Dunk
:what:

In the final minute of New York’s win over Chicago in Game 2 of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals, Starks performed one of the most memorable “highlight” plays in team history – “The Dunk”.
js4.jpg

2 Points.

1st Point. KOBE IS BETTER THAN DWAYNE WADE. Any of you posting in here that says other wise is simply a Kobe hater (I hate his personality but his game you can't hate) or simply lying to yourself. Is Chauncy Billups the best player in the League? Hell Naw right !! Well he won a title and a finals MVP just like Wade. To say that since Wade won a Finals MVP he's better than Kobe is just plan crazy !!!

2nd Point
(Let me 1st say that I picked Miami in 6 so I aint no bitter Dallas fan)

The refs cheated like hell for Wade. That dude was barely getting breathed on and they called a foul. The end of game 5 was a complete joke. Again, any of you in this forum that saw the constant replays of when Josh Howard swiped at the ball AND COMPLETELY MISSED EVERYTHING INCLUDING WADE but was still called for a foul is lying to yourself. ANYONE IN THIS FORUM that saw the replays of that last foul in game 6 when Wade split Nowitski and the other player UNTOUCHED but got the foul called is lying to yourself.

I aint seen calls like that since Jordan. It was a joke and it turned me off to the NBA. It was blatened cheating and it makes me :vomit:

In my opinion there isn't one clear cut "best" player in the league at this point. Depending on what night they're playing, and how many highlights ESPN decides to give them, that player could be the best. Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Iverson, Nowitski, Vince Carter, and Tim Duncan each brings something different to the table, and depending on who you ask, you'll no doubtedly get a different answer.

If I had to chose one player though, it's Tim Duncan, but the gap is closing on him fast. He's not as flashy as Wade, Lebron, Vince, or Kobe, and not as versatile as Nowitski, but he gets the job done, and keeps San Antonio in contention.

Not trying to knock Kobe, cuz the boy is bad, but I think at this point, he's as good as he's going to be, same for Duncan, Carter, and Iverson, but Wade, and LeBron have more upside because they're still learing the game, so barring any serious injuries to either of them, they have the brighter futures.

Carmelo Anthony has potential as well, but he's rotting away in that NBA graveyard called Denver, when his contract is up, he's need to ski away from those mountains as fast as he could, because Wade, LeBron have left him behind, and Josh Howard is running neck, and neck with him from that class of 03.

NICE

Back