Dungy's son, 18, found dead in Tampa suburb

G-Man75 said:
That kid had an issue of belonging or being wanted, and this was one of the ways that he was crying out for help/attention.

The situation is so sad, and my prayers certainl goes out to the Dungy family.

Upon further reading, it was reported that the young man was bi-polar and had been prescribed medication, also that he had taken an overdose of a combination of pain medcations back in October. He said that he had taken them because he was depressed.

The question can always be raised as what could have been done differently, and the answer would probably be nothing unless there were calls for help that could be detected in conversation that could lead to intervention. An unfortunate situation with previous suicide attempts, is that in many cases it is repeated and without a strong support group who can recognize and act on the signs, the outcome is what we are now reading.

May God continue to be with the Dungy family during this trying time. My heartfelt prayers are with them. Tony is such a wonderful person, and a devout christian family man. I had the opportunity to meet Tony in 99 when he was here in Huntsville, AL for the 100 Black men golf tournament. (I worked as a volunteer for the tournament.) He was the celebrity guest for the tournament. He knows where all of his help comes from and he know that God will see him through this difficult time in his life. Prayers up for the family...RIP James Dungy. :angel2:

JSUII said:
May God continue to be with the Dungy family during this trying time. My heartfelt prayers are with them. Tony is such a wonderful person, and a devout christian family man. I had the opportunity to meet Tony in 99 when he was here in Huntsville, AL for the 100 Black men golf tournament. (I worked as a volunteer for the tournament.) He was the celebrity guest for the tournament. He knows where all of his help comes from and he know that God will see him through this difficult time in his life. Prayers up for the family...RIP James Dungy. :angel2:
Glad to hear this about Tony....I love him!

Re: Tony Dungy

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
First Prayers Up!!! Next...I pray the Colts win the Superbowl.

Me too, if my Cowboys are out of the picture. :winkgrin: The teams that I absolutely DON'T want to win are:
#1. New England (just sick of their run, nothing really against them.)
#2. Pittsburg (i hate them like many people hate the Cowboys,, a deep loathing. i hate this team almost as much as San Fransisco(watch these stankin' m aggots get Reggie Bush,, just watch.) and the Raiders.)
#3. Cincinatti (already sick of Chad Johnson's antics, soooooooooo glad they lost this last game,, sooo glad.)

Back