Dungy's son, 18, found dead in Tampa suburb

I can recall seeing Dungy's son on the sideline with him many times. Spitting image of his dad.

This is sad. I wonder what type of effect this will have on their super bowl run. You would think it could be overcome but you've got to keep in mind that these people are human just like you and me. Losing a child is beyond devastating. We shall see.

Damn!!! This is sad...Dungy's son used to be on the side lines with him like Doug's son....man...my prayers go out to the family.

OMG!!!!!!! I hate to hear this...I love Tony Dungy. I know he and his wife are really going thru it, and right before Christmas. What a tragedy...I hope no one murdered him. I pray that GOD gives them all the strength they'll definitely need, during this time.

:( :( :(

The sheriff is now saying that it may have been a suicide.

http://www.970wfla.com/fla_localstory.html?ID=20051222091720

The 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy has been found dead at the Campus Lodge apartments in Lutz.Fire rescue and deputies went there because of a call from his roommates and girl friend. A death investigation is underway--but the sheriff's office says there's a high probability that the death of James Dungy was a suicide.

If it was suicide I hope we don't jump to some conspiracy. The kid could have suffered from depression....and there could have been personal things that we didn't know about.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
If it was suicide I hope we don't jump to some conspiracy. The kid could have suffered from depression....and there could have been personal things that we didn't know about.

What conspiracy would there be to jump to?

What was the name of the other coach who's son committed suicide a few years ago.

I think he was a coach with Green Bay or Minnesota.

staggalee83 said:
What was the name of the other coach who's son committed suicide a few years ago.

I think he was a coach with Green Bay or Minnesota.

You're referring to Ray Sherman, he was the receiver's coach for Green Bay at the time, he's currently serving the same position for the Tennessee Titans. His son's death resulted from a self-inflicted gunshot wound which was initially ruled a suicide, but subsequently switched to undetermined. Sherman and his wife fought tooth and nail to have their son's death ruled accidental, a judge later ruled in favor of the Sherman family.

Back