Dominique Wilkins

MikeBigg said:
Note: He and Isaiah both got screwed out of being an original Dream Teamer... Drexler wouldn't have made it had he not been MVP that year.

It's been long rumored that Jordan had a hand in Isaiah not getting the nod for the Dream Team because of some kind of beef they have/had.

mighty hornet said:
As a former Hawks teammate of Nique, I think it's ridiculous he didn't get voted in the first time (just as ridiculous as his exclusion from the 50 greatest) :tdown:
But surely, he'll get the vote next time.

As for Nique being better than Jordan, sorry, but no he wasn't. Jordan was the best ever. Period.

And as for Nique being a great defensive player, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I take it you never saw Wilt or Oscar.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Unfortunatedly, Dominique went to a school that was not listed as a basketball powerhouse. He had the idea that he would make a name for his school and himself. Yes, he became recognized in college and made Georgia a power during his time. When you've called to perform at the North Carolina's, UCLA, Kansas, etc, you need to report to duty. He bucked the system. These guys control the college game. MJ had considered going to Mississippi State but he found out that the Basketball gods needed him in Carolina. It paid off, didn't it.

mighty hornet said:
As a former Hawks teammate of Nique, I think it's ridiculous he didn't get voted in the first time (just as ridiculous as his exclusion from the 50 greatest) :tdown:
But surely, he'll get the vote next time.

As for Nique being better than Jordan, sorry, but no he wasn't. Jordan was the best ever. Period.

And as for Nique being a great defensive player, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You played with the Hawks? I know I might be late but who are you?

CurtDog 1971 said:
Curt, don't fall for that, man. mh ain't seen no parts of being a member of the Hawks team. I talked to 'Nique last night, and neither of us remember him on our team.

jag4life said:
I was with you until this....DW couldn't handle the ball like Mike.

As much as I hate to say it, MJ could handle the rock, but not like DW. I studied both of them LITERALLY when they played.

Dominique will get in, it is just a matter of time; however, Nique is playing the role of not being upset, because it he raises he\\ about the situation, he will never get in.

When you speak of great players, take some time and follow the career of Bill Russell. Something like 13 seasons and 11 championships. Plus Bill Russell was a player/coach and won a championship.

The comparison with Nique and Jordan is similiar to Russell and {Wilt}Chamberlain. Nique and Chamberlain had the points, but Russell and Jordan had the rings.

Robber said:
Curt, don't fall for that, man. mh ain't seen no parts of being a member of the Hawks team. I talked to 'Nique last night, and neither of us remember him on our team.
:lol:

Who is running the Hall Of Fame Voting? Jim Bomehim and Connecuit Coach gets in but no Wilkins. They all need to be fired. :shame:

Wilkins should have been inducted on the first ballot. Also, Why is Bernard King not in yet? :shame:

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
It's been long rumored that Jordan had a hand in Isaiah not getting the nod for the Dream Team because of some kind of beef they have/had.

Isaiah started it by telling all the vets on the East All-Star team to freeze out Jordan during the game. He was jealous because of the gear he had on during the All-star break at his airness first dunk contest.

CurtDog 1971 said:
Yeah I did. I don't really like to make it known on here, because folks might treat me differently, knowing that I'm a former pro athlete. I just want to be treated as a regular ole guy. :tup:

btw, thanks rob for that diversion. I'm sure some folks may actually fall for your post and that can only help me be an average joe on here. Preciate it bruh.
:tup:

and people, the only comparison to Nique and Jordan would be the slam dunks, when they were both younger (and yes, Nique got robbed that year in Chicago). But Jordan was MUCH more of a complete player than Nique. Not even close.

Jax1906 said:
As much as I hate to say it, MJ could handle the rock, but not like DW. I studied both of them LITERALLY when they played.

Man that was DW's KNOCK...that he was not a great ball-handler.

Robber said:

Nique & I had dinner last night at McCormicks in the CNN center while discussing movement of personnel. We don't know either one of you busters. :lol: BTW, Charles Barkley is a hungry heffer. :lol:

Back