College World Series

Mr. Tiger

Mr. T
If you are not watching the College World Series on ESPN and you are a baseball fan, tune in this weekend. I just finished watching Ole Miss beat Miami 11-9 and North Carolina use a bottom of the ninth homer to beat Alabama and eliminate the Tide.
Miami's Jemile Weeks, Rickie's younger brother, is GREAT. :nod: He's got range at second base and has a solid bat. They said he was offered an over $800,000 pro baseball contract out of high school, but Rickie told him to go to school because the money will be there. That's a good move because he has a very bright future.

Actually those are not the College World Series games. This weekend consist of NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Super-Regional match-ups with the winner of the best of 3 earning a trip to Omaha for the College World Series.

But, I agree, the games have been great and compelling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jafus (Thinker) said:
Actually those are not the College World Series games. This weekend consist of NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Super-Regional match-ups with the winner of the best of 3 earning a trip to Omaha for the College World Series.

But, I agree, the games have been great and compelling.

Good catch, Jafus. Just a typo.

I watched the S. Carolina-Georgia game yesterday. I witnessed something I never imagined. SC hit 5 consecutive homeruns. 2 outs, 2 on in the top 2nd inning. No score. Bam!!! 3-run homer. 3-0. Bam!!! Solo homer. 4-0. Bam!!! Solo Homer. 5-0. Bam!!! Solo homer. 6-0. Bam!!! Solo homer. 7-0. After the 3rd homer I was giddy. Then the 4th came and I thought I witnessed history, until they hit #5. All that with 2 outs. Then the next batter crushed a pitch and the UGA player had to make a running catch at the wall to make the out.

Unreal.

The ACC Invitational starts in Omaha on Friday. The Ramblin Wreck of Georgia Tech is the 1st squad headed for Nebraska.

Joining the Jackets are North Carolina and Clemson; hopefully the Canes beat Ole Miss and 50% of the participants are from the ACC!

UNC come from behing win was a good game also. True baseball fans would watch espn this weekend. And looks like the ACC has become a baseball power with the sec, big 12, and pac 10.

GSUperTiger said:
Joining the Jackets are North Carolina and Clemson; hopefully the Canes beat Ole Miss and 50% of the participants are from the ACC!

I know Oral Roberts gave Clemson a scare in game 1, until that pitcher threw a hanging curve ball and Clemson's batter took him over the right field wall for a Grand Slam to win the game.

Fiyah said:
I know Oral Roberts gave Clemson a scare in game 1, until that pitcher threw a hanging curve ball and Clemson's batter took him over the right field wall for a Grand Slam to win the game.
I watched that one, too. Had to hard on the ORU closer. He got the first batter out. Then single up the middle. Bunt single. Infield single. Grand Slam. Ballgame.

Fiyah said:

Hanging, man Fiyah, the ball looked like a beach ball. That was a demoralizing loss for OR.

Jemile Weeks did the doggone thang!!!:nod: :nod:
2 HR's and 5 rbi's. Youngster was on it.:flamethro :flamethro
He's a freshmen and a switch-hitter.

He may be better than Rickie.:scared: :scared:

GSUperTiger said:
Hanging, man Fiyah, the ball looked like a beach ball. That was a demoralizing loss for OR.

Then they (Oral Roberts) lose another one saturday by giving up the tie-ing and go ahead runs in the 8th inning to get eliminated.

SMH

Rice finally gets rocked and lose a game. I was thinking that they were going to sweep into Omaha with PV giving them their toughest game.

Jaguar94,

Hmmmmm!! The two things that stuck with me was the fact that the commentary stated: 1) he (Weeks) played bigger and better in the Regional and earned the MVP and 2) the accomplishments of several freshman, playing very well or Miami.

Ole Miss did the same thing last year. They beat Texas the first game, then proceeded to lost the next two games. *in my Mark Jackosn voice* COME ON GUYS YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

1 thing I noticed in the Ole Miss - Miami game was the arrogance (and confidence) they played with. The starting pitcher was a fresh and when he got certain K's, he would pump his fist out. And in 1 inning when it looked like miss. would score, 'canes got a groundout to end the inning and the 1st baseman slammed the ball on the mound. :smash:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
man that whole series was Ole Miss' to lose and they did. All of those stupid errors, not checking the runners, baserunning blunders, walking folks, and work of all letting 4 freshmen send you home. They need pitching bad. I mean pitching, not just some guy who has a 95 mph fastball, because I don't care how fast you can throw it, if that's all u got, ur gonna get obliterated.

Back