College Football video game officially coming back

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This generation and wanting to get paid for everything is guessing towards a sad ending

Imagine the kids of the nil and transfer portal era
If a company was making millions of dollars off a representation of your image (without your permission), wouldn't you want a cut?

But the average gamer likely doesn't care all that much about who's in the game, they just want to play the game itself.

If a company was making millions of dollars off a representation of your image (without your permission), wouldn't you want a cut?

But the average gamer likely doesn't care all that much about who's in the game, they just want to play the game itself.

You can't open the door with NIL but draw the line with this video game (which falls up under the NIL umbrella)

Just make the schools and make the rosters auto simulated. Everyone is going to play Dynasty and rosters won't matter after year 1 anyway

From my understanding some FCS schools will be include in the game (not on release), but more than likely a paid DLC. There is a pricing tier for what the schools will get paid for being in the game and it is really not that much money based on what the game might make. EA has already contact FCS schools to send into certain data to them like songs their bands play, jerseys, and stadium photos. One things that came out is that 4 HBCUs are trying to claim Neck, but in my view only Norfolk State should be the one school to claim neck since it was first arranged and played by them.

Hmm Downloadable. I figure at some point the real rosters and players will be too. Some kid will do it.

I figured HBCU bands would probably be included ( like before) but not the actual teams. interesting

Just make the schools and make the rosters auto simulated. Everyone is going to play Dynasty and rosters won't matter after year 1 anyway
Exactly. Most people are going to get teams like Nevada and make them into a powerhouse. I used to import the entire SWAC on the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
From what I heard online, the Team Build website might be available before the release of the actual game. It is going to be interesting to see if they block the use of FCS teams names in builder, but I doubt they are even worrying about D2, D3, or NAIA.

IF THERE ARE NO HBCU FOOTBALL-SPECIFIC OPTIONS IN THIS LATEST GAME VERSION, THEN EA SPORTS COLLEGE FOOTBALL WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING A DIME FROM ME. ....AND WHILE I REALIZE I AM IN THE MINORITY; I ALSO KNOW MANY OTHERS WHO FEEL THE SAME WAY. THEY ARE BEING VERY SHORT SIGHTED IF THEY DO CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO IGNORE D2, D3, SPRINT FOOTBALL AND EVEN THE NAIA.:mad:

While I can understand your feelings with no FCS Schools, which includes HBCUs, creating a new college football game is a massive undertaking for EA because they are doing the following: building the game from the ground up (no madden re-skin), paying each of the 134 FBS schools (using 3 tier payment outline), paying about 85 players per school along with marketing deals with other players, building out each of the stadiums for the 134 FBS schools, supporting said game with software updates, and a lot more things.

EA specifically said that they are going to focus on the FBS in order to build the best frame work for the game. FCS schools, which includes HBCUs, may be added later depending on varies things. D2, D3, and NAIA was never going to be an option outside of team builder (users creation). What is going to be interesting to see is if they are blocking the creation of FCS schools in team builder, if they are that means there are future plans to add FCS schools to the game. Since the plan right now is to release a new version each year, then it would make sense to either add FCS as DLC download or as part of the next version of the game.

While I can understand your feelings with no FCS Schools, which includes HBCUs, creating a new college football game is a massive undertaking for EA because they are doing the following: building the game from the ground up (no madden re-skin), paying each of the 134 FBS schools (using 3 tier payment outline), paying about 85 players per school along with marketing deals with other players, building out each of the stadiums for the 134 FBS schools, supporting said game with software updates, and a lot more things.

EA specifically said that they are going to focus on the FBS in order to build the best frame work for the game. FCS schools, which includes HBCUs, may be added later depending on varies things. D2, D3, and NAIA was never going to be an option outside of team builder (users creation). What is going to be interesting to see is if they are blocking the creation of FCS schools in team builder, if they are that means there are future plans to add FCS schools to the game. Since the plan right now is to release a new version each year, then it would make sense to either add FCS as DLC download or as part of the next version of the game.
I APPECIATE AND UNDERSTAND YOUR POST AND EA SPORTS's BUSINESS CONCENS. HOWEVER, I AM AT A POINT IN MY LIFE THAT I WILL ONLY SUPPORT THOSE BUSINESS EFFORTS AND CONCERNS THAT DO LIKEWISE FOR ME AND THE BLACK COMMUNITY, AT LARGE. UNTIL MORE BLACKS BEGIN TO TAKE THAT TACT REGARDING THEIR ASSETS AND BUSINESS CONCERNS, THEN THEY WILL CONTINUE TO RECIEVED AND PERCEIVED AS AFTER-THOUGHTS NOT WORTHY OF INVESTMENT, THEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE, I ONLY SPEND MY DOLLARS WITH THOSE THAT INVEST AND SUPPORT BLACK BUSINESSES.

I APPECIATE AND UNDERSTAND YOUR POST AND EA SPORTS's BUSINESS CONCENS. HOWEVER, I AM AT A POINT IN MY LIFE THAT I WILL ONLY SUPPORT THOSE BUSINESS EFFORTS AND CONCERNS THAT DO LIKEWISE FOR ME AND THE BLACK COMMUNITY, AT LARGE. UNTIL MORE BLACKS BEGIN TO TAKE THAT TACT REGARDING THEIR ASSETS AND BUSINESS CONCERNS, THEN THEY WILL CONTINUE TO RECIEVED AND PERCEIVED AS AFTER-THOUGHTS NOT WORTHY OF INVESTMENT, THEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE, I ONLY SPEND MY DOLLARS WITH THOSE THAT INVEST AND SUPPORT BLACK BUSINESSES.
I can understand where you are coming from. I still believe FCS schools, which include HBCU schools, will be include in the game at some point either in DLC or in the next edition in 2025 (some may be included in the game as cpu opponents before being playable). There are roughly 129 FCS schools, so you are looking at EA having to spend roughly the same amount of money set aside for players and the schools to bring in the FCS.

Back