Chiefs to deal fourth-rounder for Jets' Edwards

Blacknbengal

Chiefs to deal fourth-rounder for Jets' Edwards

The worst-kept secret during this NFL season will soon no longer be a secret.

5225512_36_2.jpg

Contract details are being worked out to allow the Kansas City Chiefs to hire the Jets' Herm Edwards as their new head coach. (Jim McIsaac / Getty Images)

FOXSports.com has learned that the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets have agreed on compensation for Herm Edwards with the Chiefs surrendering a fourth-round pick in this year's draft. As a result, the Chiefs and Edwards' agents are right now hammering out a contract to make Edwards Kansas City's new head coach. Working out a contract appears to be the final hurdle in closing the book on this drama.

The entire fiasco became quite puzzling over the last week or so with Peterson playing his cards very smart in this deal. On Thursday, Edwards told his staff that he would not be returning to the Jets regardless of whether or not he got a deal worked out with the Chiefs. As a result of that, Peterson has known he wouldn't have to give up the farm to get a deal done. Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

The Peterson-Edwards relationship is a deep one with Peterson having recruited Edwards out of high school, trying to get him to declare to UCLA. It was also Peterson who signed Edwards as an undrafted college free agent with the Eagles in 1977, one year before the Miracle of the Meadowlands when Edwards returned Giants QB Joe Pisarcik's fumble for a game-winning touchdown.

Read story

That anit **** for Edwards. Kansas City is getting the best out the deal. :smh:
I would aleast got 2nd round or to paid out his contract the next to years. :upset:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
sigma4life said:
That anit **** for Edwards. Kansas City is getting the best out the deal. :smh:
I would aleast got 2nd round or to paid out his contract the next to years. :upset:

I agree...a 4th Rounder. I am glad their getting a deal done though, would hate to see the circle diminish by one.

Back