Can Someone Familiar With Jackson, MS Help Me Out?

Art of NSU

I just reserved a room for the JSU-SU game on Oct. 13. The room is at the Knights Inn at 1065 S Frontage Rd, right off I-20.

My question is this: is this hotel ok? I don't care if it's not fancy, but it's not a "roach motel" is it (lol)? Is it in the PJ's?

The reason I ask is because it is one of the few hotels in town that night with plenty of rooms available, plus it was only $33 a night! Kinda makes me wonder if there is a reason why. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Also who's tailgating?

Isn't that the hotel where that man held some people hostage a couple of years back??

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1
Isn't that the hotel where that man held some people hostage a couple of years back??

icon57.gif
icon57.gif
icon57.gif
icon57.gif
icon57.gif

When I go to Jakson I usually stay at a hotel on that Highway /regular street( some lil highway on the same street as the mall). It is right around the corner from JSU. There are hotels all up and down the street.

Art of NSU,

Are you sure it's off I-20??? I'll check it out during my daily commute.

koolaid,

That was Days Inn, wasn't it???

Say Art...seems you're sorta new at this. Look, why don't you send me you registration fees and I'll personally drive over from BR and get you a room.

Don't bother checking me out with the BBB, I wasn't using this name the last time!:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Art of NSU, this isn't one of the better hotels on I-20; but I wouldn't call it a roach motel either. There should be some better ones available I-55N.

Danger NSU Danger

No a No a No a No he didn't get a room at the Knights Inn a.k.a the HoJo aka the Hoe Go....

Find new reservations immediately...

that place is awful

Yea I agree... I use to live in Jackson near there and I would not recommend the Knights Inn.

There is a Best Suites, Laquinta Inn, Extended Stay, Suburban Lodge, and some fairly new hotels that they were building before I left. The Motel 6 is even much better than that Knights Inn. Most of the hotels in that area are nice just not the KI....lol

Most people will be in that area which we consider North Jackson... the middle to upper class side of town.... but there are some ok hotels on hwy80(near JSU) I know the Holiday Inn(think it lost that name) and some others across the street from it are cool.... Just better book them fast.

It was the Best Suites where the man held his son hostage.... wow that was some drama to recall....

Good looking out folks. Consider it cancelled. Whenever something sounds too good to be true it usually is!

I'm hollering at the Econo Lodge at 3880 I-55 South. Unless that's a bad idea too. Let me know!

Where's the party at after the game? :D

NSU,

I would suggest that you stay near the I-55 North Area. The nicer hotels are in that part of town and some are suprisingly affordable...Plus, you have easy travel/access to the stadium. Most hotels in that area are 10 minutes from the stadium. SU fans usually suck up all the rooms in that area...so the sooner the better with your reservations. Try the Sheraton on I-55 North. :eek:

Hotels of Art

:) My Neck of the Woods

The good hotels on the north side of town that would put you 5-10 minutes away from the stadium are:

Comfort Inn-Take the Briarwood Exit. Right next to HOPS restaurant, and across from Chilli's.

Hampton Inn-Right across the street from the Comfort Inn and Suites. Take the same exit listed above

Best Suites-Take same exit listed above

Fairfield Inn-Take Beasley Road Exit

LaQuinta-Take Briarwood Exit

Hope this helps.

Look bro, if it isn't too late, try and get a room at the Days Inn on hwy 80. Or may be something off I-55. unless you looking to spend some money, you can go to the Crown Plaza down town.

I have reserved two rooms for this illustrious evening. I have a nice room at the Ramada on Ellis Ave. and at the new Days Inn on Highway 80.

One is for Friday and Saturday, and the other just Saturday.
Let me know what you find. If you don't have any luck, I might give you one of my rooms.

Just to be honest, I have never heard of the hotel you are speaking of. If I were you I would go with one of your more reputable chains a little closer to the stadium or the yard.

There is a nice hotel on the corner of Valley and HWY you might want to check out...its reeeal nice. All of the hotels in that area are. :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Art
I suggest you try Priceline and pick the downtown area. Also pick three star. I stayed at the Residence Inn during homecoming for $50/night. The rooms have a full kitchen and a nice fireplace. Plus it's only minutes from the stadium.

I ran another search on Travelocity and the rooms are drying up FAST so if anyone is spending the night, I'd suggest to make haste. I'm gonna check out Priceline and see what I come up with, or either hit up La Quinta.

Thanks peeps. Looking forward to running into some of yall.

Back